From the desk of Judy Rose

The thing about softball is they’re #family (well, I guess Hibbs is too, cant keep track of all the nepotism) and they insist on parity with the baseball facilities. When baseball got lights, there was hell to pay that softball didn’t.[/quote]

clt says this is a great way to fall behind in today’s landscape.

Would baseball and softball use the same indoor hitting facility or would that be impossible?

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:22, topic:30873”]Would baseball and softball use the same indoor hitting facility or would that be impossible?[/quote]I’d assume it’s possible, but doesn’t look like that is what is happening here.

how come that’s not happening? what suggest it’s not going to be for both teams?

[quote=“earlyniner, post:24, topic:30873”]how come that’s not happening? what suggest it’s not going to be for both teams?[/quote]The link at the start of this thread shows an image for an indoor Baseball facility, and one for Softball.

Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

Not sure I get anything from this at all. She should send this out and it be the norm. I don’t claim to know all the parts of the AD’s job but winning and fan support for basketball and football has to be up there. She’s in too many wallets/purses. The AD and coach get paid a lot of money for RESULTS! This isn’t volunteer work. You win and have success or you get fired, period.

Oh well… Go niners!

It’s BS that they wouldn’t kick any money towards the indoor facility for baseball and Hibbs goes out and gets his own funds for the facility and Judy pops it into her newsletter as if it’s something that anyone in her department played a part in. And if this school is all about gender equality as it has always seemed, Devos should have to raise every dollar for her practice facility as well.

Am I the only one that noticed Judy got a new hairstyle?

clt says that is a good idea, but why is the sec of education going to fundraiser for softball? She could just write a check.

I noticed the what looks to be pant suit more. What the hell design is that

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.

Did Hibbs raise the money?

Did Hibbs raise the money?[/quote]
Yes, hence my post.

Wait, so y’all are saying the AD Office raised $ for a Softball upgrade, but Baseball had to raise $ there self with no help from the AD Office. If that’s true, we could have a Title 9 lawsuit on the boy’s side. Wouldn’t that be crazy if a girl’s law caused a boy to sue?

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.[/quote]

clt says good catch. we will call this diamondgate.

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.[/quote]

clt says good catch. we will call this diamondgate.[/quote]

Shit like this is what is wrong with our AD.

Well, I will believe we have an indoor hitting facility for either sport when I see construction start. Rumor in the shout box and elsewhere is that CHP is holding up baseball because he didn’t like the appearance of the proposed building. May be true, since we all know he’s anal about the campus being to HIS liking (RIP Belk Tower)

Why are we spending money on hitting facilities when we still have the smallest football stadium in FBS???!

[quote=“4ever niner, post:37, topic:30873”]Well, I will believe we have an indoor hitting facility for either sport when I see construction start. Rumor in the shout box and elsewhere is that CHP is holding up baseball because he didn’t like the appearance of the proposed building. May be true, since we all know he’s anal about the campus being to HIS liking (RIP Belk Tower)[/quote]My first impression of the appearance of the building was not so favorable either. I also wonder about the placement of the building in that it may hinder the sight line of first base line seating to right field. Sounds like a matter of clearing up those issues and its a go. This artist rendering may not be to scale and may be visually deceptive.

Well, if Lambert raises his own money we can expand the stadium.