Front Entrance Sign

I noticed that the final concept of the front entrance sign has changed.

Here is the old concept:

[ATTACH]1381[/ATTACH]

And here is the new concept:

[ATTACH]1382[/ATTACH]

Or we could leave it the way it is:

[ATTACH]1383[/ATTACH]

Which do you prefer?

I vote for the old concept.

Of course. We must absolutely take the new design. I keep telling you guys, this school is nothing without “The University of North Carolina” in front of our name so it’s a great idea to give it as much space as we can. I’m surprised those words aren’t any bigger. You crazy people with your uncCHARLOTTE and University of Charlotte business really need to see the light.

I personally favor the existing sign. I don’t understand why they need to replace it.

Well, since the name is still University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and that is our official name, I think it should be on the main entrance sign to be honest. That’s what my diploma says.

I do like the pillar design a LOT better in the old concept. I like the idea of the school seal being on them.

I am personally partial to this proposed design.

Dude, don’t do that **** to me, I am in the library studying and about busted out laughing.

OMFG

Nice application of the clouds render in photoshop btw.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;276140]Dude, don’t do that **** to me, I am in the library studying and about busted out laughing.

OMFG

Nice application of the clouds render in photoshop btw.[/QUOTE]

ROFL as well… that was pretty uber bust

I personally favor the existing sign. I don't understand why they need to replace it.

:thumbsup: :lmao:

[QUOTE=49or bust;276139]I am personally partial to this proposed design.[/QUOTE]

[ATTACH]1384[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1384[/ATTACH]
:lol: Move snoopy's ear to the right and over those two unsightly, smaller words and that looks great!

Those look familiar.

Move snoopy’s ear to the right and over those two unsightly, smaller words and that looks great![/QUOTE]

Uh oh, bust.

I just looked and found an even newer version after minor changes to the ‘Lighting and Landscaping Plan’:

[ATTACH]1385[/ATTACH]

Here’s the link BTW:
http://facilities.uncc.edu/Planning/Website%20Information/New%20Front%20Entrance/05089-UNCCEntrance-072107-NewView.jpg

Uh oh, bust.

I just looked and found an even newer version after minor changes to the ‘Lighting and Landscaping Plan’:

[ATTACH]1385[/ATTACH]

lol! That’s perfect! I love it! Can we vote on that one? I sure hope that tree has flowers in spring too which bloom a nice shade of light blue. That would just be great!

Uh oh, bust.

[ATTACH]1385[/ATTACH]

Here’s the link BTW:
http://facilities.uncc.edu/Planning/Website%20Information/New%20Front%20Entrance/05089-UNCCEntrance-072107-NewView.jpg

Sadly, none of there are even the newest.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;276159]Sadly, none of there are even the newest.[/QUOTE]

Well, the rendering from facilities management is called

05089-UNCC entrance-072107-NewView.jpg

I figure 05089 is the job # and 07/21/07 is the date of the concept.

I saved the ‘old rendering’ to my hard drive on March 28, 2007.

Has something else changed since the end of July?

Well, the rendering from facilities management is called

05089-UNCC entrance-072107-NewView.jpg

I figure 05089 is the job # and 07/21/07 is the date of the concept.

I saved the ‘old rendering’ to my hard drive on March 28, 2007.

Has something else changed since the end of July?

Yep… The “ghosted” in columns are no longer ghosted, since the school picked up the bill to construct all columns in the initial phase. Also, the landscape plan was updated so it reflects that in the new rendering… everything else, largely remained the same.

The latest rendering will likely not be released until its up on the construction sign.

Oh yeah, nice tree…

[QUOTE=survivor45;276157]Uh oh, bust.

[ATTACH]1385[/ATTACH]

Here’s the link BTW:
http://facilities.uncc.edu/Planning/Website%20Information/New%20Front%20Entrance/05089-UNCCEntrance-072107-NewView.jpg[/QUOTE]

I hear that tree is to be planted in honor of all the work that Woodward and DuBois did and are doing to keep our connection with UNC strong.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;276163]Yep… The “ghosted” in columns are no longer ghosted, since the school picked up the bill to construct all columns in the initial phase. Also, the landscape plan was updated so it reflects that in the new rendering… everything else, largely remained the same.[/QUOTE]

so…basically what you’re saying is that it IS the most updated plan. It’s not too hard to picture what the columns and landscaping would look like without the gray hue.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;276163]The latest rendering will likely not be released until its up on the construction sign.[/QUOTE]

Why wait? Are they afraid to admit responsibility?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;276163]Oh yeah, nice tree…[/QUOTE]

I think it looks better if you center it in the garden:

[ATTACH]1386[/ATTACH]

survivor’s last change is best…

The University of Charlotte.