Future Football Schedules

[quote=ā€œninermike, post:380, topic:28863ā€]Excellent. Well done AD. I expected the first series against Chapel Hill, NCSU and even EZU to an away/BOA vs. true home.

I wonder how the 2016 BOA game fell through with them? Worried Chapel Hill might not be fielding a team that year??[/quote]
Iā€™m trying to remember from the coaches caravan at Concord, Judy mentioned the 2016 deal. My impression was that it was a done deal but the holes backed out for some reason, like scheduling conflict. I remember her expressing some annoyance about that. I think we got a check for our trouble.

[quote=ā€œemf, post:381, topic:28863ā€]Iā€™m trying to remember from the coaches caravan at Concord, Judy mentioned the 2016 deal. My impression was that it was a done deal but the holes backed out for some reason, like scheduling conflict. I remember her expressing some annoyance about that. I think we got a check for our trouble.
[/quote]

Any idea how much they paid us?

Iā€™m just so glad that this is signed for Richardson. I hate the idea of playing at BOA.

By '25 weā€™ll have 40,000 seats in The Rich.

[quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:382, topic:28863ā€][quote=ā€œemf, post:381, topic:28863ā€]Iā€™m trying to remember from the coaches caravan at Concord, Judy mentioned the 2016 deal. My impression was that it was a done deal but the holes backed out for some reason, like scheduling conflict. I remember her expressing some annoyance about that. I think we got a check for our trouble.
[/quote]

Any idea how much they paid us?[/quote]
Pretty sure she didnā€™t say the amount. My recollection is fuzzy, anyway. Maybe others that were there can remember better.

clt says it is very possible that the team from Orange County backed out due to the forthcoming punishment from the NCAA.

If they had to cut us a check for the stadium expansion, wow.

We play duke and unc-ch first at their place to open the series.
Any reason for that or just coincidence? Could they cancel our home game and just pay a fee or something?

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:387, topic:28863ā€]We play duke and unc-ch first at their place to open the series.
Any reason for that or just coincidence? Could they cancel our home game and just pay a fee or something?[/quote]

Yes

Great news for our program! Finally starting to see some ODU type home and home series. Browsing the internets at least one carolina fan is happy about the seriesā€¦

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/forums/1408-tar-pit/14072900-unc-schedules-games-with-charlotte

Now we just need to do a home and home in basketball ;D

Another significant H/H still to be announced against a P5 school to come at some point.

Some very strong scheduling being done. Doesnā€™t happen overnight or easily.

By '25 weā€™ll have 40,000 seats in The Rich.[/quote]

I wonder if the Jerry Richardson stadium expansion could have played a role in the ADā€™s of both schools waiting so long to do a true H&H, as opposed to Judy just allowing UNC to play us at BOA stadium. One would have to believe that we will have expanded the facility by 2025.

I wonder if the Jerry Richardson stadium expansion could have played a role in the ADā€™s of both schools waiting so long to do a true H&H, as opposed to Judy just allowing UNC to play us at BOA stadium. One would have to believe that we will have expanded the facility by 2025.[/quote]

Now that expansion is likely assured, the sooner you build it, the cheaper it will be. We need to build within the next few years.

I look forward to stadium expansion but do we have the fan support to fill a 40,000 seat stadium? We probably wonā€™t sell out 15,000 against Presbyterian.

I wonder if the Jerry Richardson stadium expansion could have played a role in the ADā€™s of both schools waiting so long to do a true H&H, as opposed to Judy just allowing UNC to play us at BOA stadium. One would have to believe that we will have expanded the facility by 2025.[/quote]

Now that expansion is likely assured, the sooner you build it, the cheaper it will be. We need to build within the next few years.[/quote]

We need to build it when we have the fan support to fill it or at least be close. Going to Ga State last week was a stark reminder that playing in a massively over-built stadium kills the energy of the fans you do have. If we can consistently sell out this year then I would argue its time to think about adding a first stage addition - to say 20,000. If we can fill those seats then go to 25,000.

It would be hugely bad for the program if we had 25k seats and a game where only 8000 showed up. Hopefully those days are over, but we need to be prudent in how we expand. I would very much like to see the Rich be at 40k in ten years, but only if we are routinely using that sized facility.

I would think Presby would not be a good test. Pretty much only diehards are going to want to see us play FCS teams now. The real question will be when FAU and Temple come to town. Night games against FBS (but lesser known) teams will be good tests. I think Marshall is already sold out.

This almost 10 years down the road. This fanbase will grow leaps and bound with a couple bowl appearances and by playing opponents people recognize. The student base should be over 35K by then too.

I think Ninerdawg has this right. I want to be at 30-40k, but not until we have the fanbase to support it.

However, I think you can afford to overbuild a little if we continue to schedule in state games like ASU, ECU, State, CHeat, Duke, Wake, etc. You only play 6 home games per season, and only 2 non-conference. Would be nice to have enough seats to accommodate those games. I believe ODU and Marshall are going to annually sellout for the foreseeable future.

All of that said, Iā€™d be lying if I didnā€™t admit I want to know what the buyouts are for the Duke and CHeat games. The higher they are, the more likely they show @ The Rich. Play us or pay us!

Attendance is a factor for bowl committees as well. Iā€™ve read many places (some merely opinion pieces) that bowl committees look for teams that average over 20,000 per game. Hard to do that when our stadium doesnā€™t hold that many. IMO we need to have 20,000 seats by next season and 25-27,000 by 2017. We can stop there if need be. But keeping the smallest stadium in FBS is the worst mistake we can make.

We have a 15,000 seat stadium to fill with over 100,000 alums, 27,000 students, and 155,000 people living in University City. I know it may take a little bit of EFFORT, but there should be no excuse not to fill that stadium up 6 times a year. The #1 priority of our Athletic Department needs to be making sure our football stadium is sold out, and we are in the process of expanding the stadium. The success of our Athletic Department depends on the success of our football program.