Future Football Schedules

We have a 15,000 seat stadium to fill with over 100,000 alums, 27,000 students, and 155,000 people
living in University City. I know it may take a little bit of EFFORT, but there should be no excuse not to fill that stadium up 6 times a year. The #1 priority of our Athletic Department needs to be making sure our football stadium is sold out, and we are in the process of expanding the stadium. The success of our Athletic Department depends on the success of our football program.[/quote]

I am in total agreement with this statement. At the end of the day, the athletics department has got to figure out a way to put people in the seats. The school is too large with too many alumni and random football fans in the city of Charlotte not to make this happen. We need to aim for 30 - 40k seats by the time we play the tarholes at Richardson stadium.

We have a 15,000 seat stadium to fill with over 100,000 alums, 27,000 students, and 155,000 people
living in University City. I know it may take a little bit of EFFORT, but there should be no excuse not to fill that stadium up 6 times a year. The #1 priority of our Athletic Department needs to be making sure our football stadium is sold out, and we are in the process of expanding the stadium. The success of our Athletic Department depends on the success of our football program.[/quote]

I am in total agreement with this statement. At the end of the day, the athletics department has got to figure out a way to put people in the seats. The school is too large with too many alumni and random football fans in the city of Charlotte not to make this happen. We need to aim for 30 - 40k seats by the time we play the tarholes at Richardson stadium.[/quote]Only way we ever get to 40k is if we some how end up in the $EC. Otherwise, I think 32k or 35k would be max.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:28863”]There may be a thread that has all of this complied, but I couldn’t find it. I thought it will be helpful to keep all the future schedules together in 1 thread. Including rumors.

++ Unconfirmed

09/03 - at Louisville ^
09/10 - Elon
09/17 - Eastern Michigan
09/24 - at Temple
8 C-USA Games

^ Originally Eastern Michigan was scheduled to come to Charlotte on 9-3-2016
++ Game Rumored at Bank of America Stadium vs team from NC/SC
++ Kansas State game pushed back from 2016 to 2017***

09/02 - at Eastern Michigan
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - [font=verdana]at Kansas State[/font]
8 C-USA Games

09/01 - Fordham
09/08 - Appalachian State
09/22 - at UMass
11/03 - At Tennessee
[font=verdana]8 C-USA Games[/font]

08/31 - ***
09/07 - at Appalachian State
09/14 - UMass
9/21 - at Clemson
8 C-USA Games

*** [font=verdana]at Virginia Tech- Cancelled[/font]

[size=1em]
[font=verdana]9/19 - at Duke[/font]
09/26 - Georgia State

[font=verdana]9/11- Duke[/font]
9/18 - at Georgia State

9/17 - at Georgia State[/size]
[size=1em]9/24 - at Indiana

9/16 - Georgia State[/size]
[size=1em]9/23 - at Indiana

[/size][size=1em]
[font=verdana]2024[/font]
[font=verdana]9/7- at UNC-Chapel Hill[/font][/size]

[size=1em]2025[/size]
[size=1em][font=verdana]9/6- UNC-Chapel Hill[/font][/size]

[size=2]+++ Talks ongoing for a H & H with Duke and unc-ch. 6-9-2015
[font=Verdana]+++ Another “big” H & H rumored to be announced soon. 9-10-15[/font][/size]
[size=1em]
Please add anything I have missed and I will update.

EDIT- UK game and UT game confirmed.
EDIT- UMass games added.
EDIT-- UK date announced
EDIT- Louisville game announced by UL. EMU game date TBA
EDIT- Rumored C-USA games for 2015. Marshal at Home, ODU on the road
EDIT - Clemson road game added 2019
EDIT - A&T added, dates for KSU, UT, and Clemson announced
EDIT - GSU games added
EDIT - Duke games added
EDIT - unc-ch games added[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT - Indiana road games added[/size][/quote]

Original post updated.

[quote=“Indy Niner, post:414, topic:28863”][quote=“Nugget, post:413, topic:28863”][quote=“Indy Niner, post:411, topic:28863”]Hey guys new to the board. As someone who works with a lot of IU grads, they only care about the tailgate and not the game. Could be winnable games if they stay on the schedule.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/09/10/indiana-football-adds-opponents-future-schedules/72033158/[/quote]
Welcome to the board. Were you at the basketball at Indiana when the Niners won on a last second, half-court shot?[/quote]

I was not. At that time, being in grade school, I was still rooting for the hoosiers. I still remember all the crazy snow that day and that half court shot. Maybe that’s what made me want to become a niner :)[/quote]
Okay, the grade school comment hurts, but glad you are a Niner anyway. I was supposed to fly out for that game with the Athletic Department but the snow cancelled the trip. Thankfully the team got there the day before.

[quote=“Nugget, post:424, topic:28863”][quote=“Indy Niner, post:414, topic:28863”][quote=“Nugget, post:413, topic:28863”][quote=“Indy Niner, post:411, topic:28863”]Hey guys new to the board. As someone who works with a lot of IU grads, they only care about the tailgate and not the game. Could be winnable games if they stay on the schedule.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/09/10/indiana-football-adds-opponents-future-schedules/72033158/[/quote]
Welcome to the board. Were you at the basketball at Indiana when the Niners won on a last second, half-court shot?[/quote]

I was not. At that time, being in grade school, I was still rooting for the hoosiers. I still remember all the crazy snow that day and that half court shot. Maybe that’s what made me want to become a niner :)[/quote]
Okay, the grade school comment hurts, but glad you are a Niner anyway. I was supposed to fly out for that game with the Athletic Department but the snow cancelled the trip. Thankfully the team got there the day before.[/quote]

That was one of my first memories of seeing Charlotte on TV after deciding I’d be a 49er, they debated whether or not his shot should’ve counted on PTI.

Indiana is hardly an exciting football program but like the $ here and by that time we could easily win one or both of those games and take down our first Big 10 team.

I like the idea of a winning record against the Big 10.

We could meet and beat a Big 10 program in a bowl game before then, just saying.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:428, topic:28863”]We could meet and beat a Big 10 program in a bowl game before then, just saying.[/quote]Possibly, but honestly, I’d be surprised if we end up in the HoD bowl. If I were running that bowl, I wouldn’t want us. Our attendance there would very likely be weak.

Tar Heels will pay us a $200,000 Guarantee for the first game that we will pay back after the second game. There is a $500,000 fee for breaking the contract, so they will be in the hole $700,000 for cancelling after the first game.

We’ll be getting $1M and $1.1M from Indiana for the two games. If the game is canceled with >2 years notice the cancelling team will pay $800,000, if it is cancelled after that the cancelling team will pay $1.1M

That’s pretty strong. I’m really liking how our scheduling is progressing.

Will ODU definitely play in Charlotte next year? We didn’t play CUSA eastern division member WKU this year.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:432, topic:28863”]Will ODU definitely play in Charlotte next year? We didn’t play CUSA eastern division member WKU this year.[/quote]I don’t think it is definite, but probably fairly likely. We are their closest conference mate, so their admin will likely push for a game against us again.

If we get MTSU and ODU at home next year (and it seems likely), well that’s two games that I will be excited to see.

Game against Marshall is at 3:30 ;D

UTSA at 2

I guess this is confirmed? I was looking earlier today at the “official” 49ers site and the schedule still says TBA…

Confirmed from the Charlotte 49ers Facebook.

I guess this is confirmed? I was looking earlier today at the “official” 49ers site and the schedule still says TBA…[/quote]

Shows correct now.