Future Football Schedules

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/03/charlotte-norfolk-state-2020-football-schedule/

Charlotte will host Norfolk State at Jerry Richardson Stadium on Sept. 12, 2020. The 49ers will pay the Spartans a $275,000 guarantee, according to a copy of the contract obtained from UNC-Charlotte via a public records request.

[font=arial][size=small]Our 2020 schedule currently:[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]2020[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]9/5 - at Tennessee[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]9/12- Norfolk State[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]9/19 - at Duke[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]9/26 - Georgia State[/size][/font]

A little blurb from Fedora about the Holes playing games at ODU, Charlotte, etc.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/unc-s-larry-fedora-leery-of-game-at-odu-never/article_69364801-a7e4-526f-a414-96c9320ec520.html

I asked Fedora what benefit Carolina derived from playing at ODU, Appy and Charlotte, and he said the bottom line is money: “What’s in it for Carolina is another game for us, and games are hard to come by these days.”

“I would prefer not to go to those places. But that’s the current landscape of college football. Unless you’re willing to pay well over $1 million for a home game, you’re going to have to do some home-and-homes” with mid-majors.

He’s right. They have absolutely nothing to gain from playing any of those three teams except a W.

But if one of those teams beat them…

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:522, topic:28863”]A little blurb from Fedora about the Holes playing games at ODU, Charlotte, etc.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/unc-s-larry-fedora-leery-of-game-at-odu-never/article_69364801-a7e4-526f-a414-96c9320ec520.html

I asked Fedora what benefit Carolina derived from playing at ODU, Appy and Charlotte, and he said the bottom line is money: “What’s in it for Carolina is another game for us, and games are hard to come by these days.”

“I would prefer not to go to those places. But that’s the current landscape of college football. Unless you’re willing to pay well over $1 million for a home game, you’re going to have to do some home-and-homes” with mid-majors.[/quote] These are recruiting trips. What he said is bogus. Chapel Hole can afford to pay whatever they have to.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:522, topic:28863”]A little blurb from Fedora about the Holes playing games at ODU, Charlotte, etc.

“I would prefer not to go to those places. But that’s the current landscape of college football. Unless you’re willing to pay well over $1 million for a home game, you’re going to have to do some home-and-homes” with mid-majors.[/quote]

clt asks why is a hat talking about gamecock football?

[quote author=ghostofclt link=topic=32789.msg686474#msg686474
clt asks why is a hat talking about gamecock football?
[/quote]

Well, the visor is retired…

Original Post updated.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/11/2/49ers-schedule-football-series-with-ecu.aspx

The Charlotte 49ers will open the 2024 and 2025 football seasons against ECU after scheduling a home-and-home series with the fellow in-state school.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to play against an ECU program that has had great success over many years,” said 49ers head coach Brad Lambert. “To be able to schedule another in-state school - we have (Appalachian State), Duke and North Carolina – now we have ECU. There will be a lot of North Carolina kids involved and it will be great for fan bases to come together on the football field.”

The ECU series begins in 2024 when the 49ers host the Pirates at Jerry Richardson Stadium to open the season on Aug. 31. The following season, Charlotte’s season-opener will be at ECU’s Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium, Aug. 30.

During the 2024 and 2025 seasons, the 49ers now have non-conference games slated with a pair of in-state schools: ECU and North Carolina. Charlotte plays at North Carolina, Sept. 7, 2024 and the Tar Heels visit Jerry Richardson Stadium, Sept. 6, 2025.

Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully we have a lager seating capacity and more competitive squad by 2024.

I chuckled reading Lamberts quote. Not like he will be here for this game anyway.

If Judy is still here for this game, I might pull for the pirates.

There’s no way our football program will survive that long if she is still in charge.

The University system has a mandatory retirement age of 70. That applied to William Friday, the President of the University system for decades, so it should apply to Judy Rose. Her biography is fuzzy about certain details, but she graduated from Winthrop in 1974. Unless she skipped a grade, she should have been born on or before 10/16/52. She should retire before or during the '22-'23 academic year at the latest.

Terry Holland was given an extension past his 70th birthday at ECU to conclude ECU’s admission to the AAC. When that was done, he walked out the door.

[quote=“frequentvisitor, post:532, topic:28863”]The University system has a mandatory retirement age of 70. That applied to William Friday, the President of the University system for decades, so it should apply to Judy Rose. Her biography is fuzzy about certain details, but she graduated from Winthrop in 1974. Unless she skipped a grade, she should have been born on or before 10/16/52. She should retire before or during the '22-'23 academic year at the latest.

Terry Holland was given an extension past his 70th birthday at ECU to conclude ECU’s admission to the AAC. When that was done, he walked out the door.[/quote]

If she is still here in 22/23…I can’t even end this thought.

clt says Judy has outlasted the belk tower and the chuck amato era.

A short but truly significant time in our football program’s history. Those were the days!

A short but truly significant time in our football program’s history. Those were the days![/quote]

clt remembers his green glasses.

We already knew about the Tennessee game and the Norfolk State game. New today is the Duquense game, and the South Carolina game being added, subsequently, the Indiana game being moved.

[font=Segoe UI][size=14px]https://twitter.com/BobbyRosinski/status/930859569785528321[/size][/font]

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:28863”]There may be a thread that has all of this complied, but I couldn’t find it. I thought it will be helpful to keep all the future schedules together in 1 thread. Including rumors.

++ Unconfirmed

09/01 - Fordham
09/08 - Appalachian State
09/22 - at UMass
11/03 - At Tennessee
[font=verdana]8 C-USA Games[/font]

08/31 - Gardner-Webb
09/07 - at Appalachian State
09/14 - UMass
9/21 - at Clemson
8 C-USA Games

*** [font=verdana]at Virginia Tech- Cancelled 8/31/19[/font]
[size=1em]
[font=verdana]9/5 - at Tennessee[/font][/size]
[font=verdana]9/12 - Norfolk State
[/font][size=1em][font=verdana]9/19 - at Duke[/font]
09/26 - Georgia State

[font=verdana]9/4 - Duquense[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=verdana]9/11- Duke[/font]
9/18 - at Georgia State[/size]
[size=1em]10/2 - at Illinois

9/10 - Maryland[/size]
[size=1em]9/17 - at Georgia State[/size]
[size=1em]9/24 - at South Carolina

8/31- at Maryland[/size]
[size=1em]9/16 - Georgia State[/size]
[size=1em]9/23 - at Indiana
[/size][size=1em]
[font=verdana]2024[/font]
[font=verdana]8/31 - ECU[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=verdana]9/7- at UNC-Chapel Hill[/font][/size]
[font=verdana]9/28 - at Indiana
[/font]
[size=1em]2025[/size]
[size=1em][font=verdana]8/30- at ECU[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=verdana]9/6- UNC-Chapel Hill[/font][/size]
[size=1em]
Please add anything I have missed and I will update.

EDIT- UK game and UT game confirmed.
EDIT- UMass games added.
EDIT-- UK date announced
EDIT- Louisville game announced by UL. EMU game date TBA
EDIT- Rumored C-USA games for 2015. Marshal at Home, ODU on the road
EDIT - Clemson road game added 2019
EDIT - A&T added, dates for KSU, UT, and Clemson announced
EDIT - GSU games added
EDIT - Duke games added
EDIT - unc-ch games added[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT - Indiana road games added[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT - Louisville game moved to Thursday night[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT - Maryland added to 2022 & 2023, Gardner-Webb added 2019.[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT - Illinois game added for 2021[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT - Tennessee game added for 2020[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT- Norfolk State added[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT- ECU series added 2024-2025[/size]
[size=1em]EDIT SC and Duquense games added, Indiana game moved.[/size][/quote]

Updated Future Schedules.

Thanks for the update. A lot appealing games on our future schedule. A lot of great road trips. Let’s hope we have a more competitive team that we can be proud of.

I like the SC game, should make for a fun road trip. Wonder what the payout will be?