Future Football Schedules

clt isn’t aware that appy moved to blowing rock. Boone is not a resort, pal!

Oh good, he’s back

Resort towns have 4 and 5 star hotels and restaurants. Boone has a Zaxby’s that runs out of chicken sandwiches.

Opposing teams stay in an old Holiday Inn in Banner Elk since Boone does not have enough rooms on game weekends. I would not be surprised if we did not drive up that morning or stay in Hickory

Started to explore accommodations near klempzen and there’s obviously a conspiracy of sorts down there among hotels regarding game day bookings. Couldn’t get a nice room within 50 miles of the town, so it’ll be a down and back that day for me. Boondocks is even closer so I’ll do the same for that game.

Going to make Blowing Rock a weekend with wife

1 Like

Getting out of Clemson on a game day sucks. Thousands of people leaving at the same time.

Me too. Chetola.

clt provides a stat for the appys, over 10,000 49ers live off campus but adjacent to the school.

The Apps overvalue Boone and it’s strip malls as a mountain town. Yea it’s in the mountains but there is nothing quaint about it. Fill it with tourists from Florida and it’s unbearable if you are a true outdoors person.

This is what I have always thought as well…Wife and I go to Blowing Rock (Chetola) regularly and also love West jefferson. We almost never spend any time in Boone. Its nothing but fast food and strip malls.

1 Like

I’m not a Blowing Rock person either, both towns are about an hour away from where I truly want to be (Linville Gorge, Lake Watauga, Grayson Highlands, Roan Mountain). West Jefferson is pretty cool though.

Despite the smack talk, it’s a good series for both fanbases.

Updated 2019- 4-22

08/31 - Gardner-Webb
09/07 - at Appalachian State
09/14 - UMass
9/21 - at Clemson
8 C-USA Games
*** at Virginia Tech- Cancelled 8/31/19

9/5 - at Tennessee
9/12 - Norfolk State
9/19 - at Duke
09/26 - Georgia State

9/4 - Duquense
9/11- Duke
9/18 - at Georgia State
10/2 - at Illinois

9/3 - William & Mary
9/10 - Maryland
9/17 - at Georgia State
9/24 - at South Carolina

8/31- at Maryland
9/16 - Georgia State
9/23 - OPEN
11/18- at Florida

8/31 - ECU
9/7- at UNC-Chapel Hill
9/21 - at Indiana

8/30- at ECU
9/6- UNC-Chapel Hill

9/19- at App State

9/18 App State

9/16 at App State

9/15 App State

2 Likes

ECU and Virginia Tech had a series where VPI canceled the remaining games in Greenville due to ECU canceling last year’s game due to the hurricane. Both schools will have some open dates as a result.

VPI would bring more fans, but the odds of winning are better if ECU is the opponent.

Refs already reaching into pockets for flags to call back Niner big plays for “holding” in 2024 at Chapel Hill.

1 Like

For those who want something more than the KFC you are used too…Near Boone The Gamekeeper: In Boone, Proper, Joy Bistro, (no clt its not a happy ending parlor) Basil and Vidallia. Bistro Roca, Storie StreetGrill, speckled Trout and 6Pence Pub in Blowing Rock. Also in Boone, Lost Provence Brewing and MacAdoos decent. A rare treat in West Jefferson is Craft Bistro and yes…BoonDocks Brewing.
Want a great hotel experience try now to get a reservation at The Horton in Boone.

You forgot about Boone Saloon

clt provides valuable reviews from the appy zaxbys

Their chicken is delicious, but why they gonna charge for each extra ranch?

Love the food. It is a bit costly and can be slow

Good foid, reasonably prixed and ‘proper’ (not gluttonous) size portions. Would definitely go back.

The workers are like other fast food workers, kind of pleasant but forced to be. But the smell of cockroach spray was what made me give this place 2 stars.

I don’t go out to be made to feel stupid but if you want that, go to Zaxby’s in Boone.

I love salads! they should try them and know what I’m talking about

1 Like

Woodlands BBQ in Blowing Rock is great.

1 Like

I actually think Woodlands is overrated. Now, Foggy Rock just down the road from Woodlands is great!

1 Like