FYI, Mitch Mullis has withdrawn from school

We’ll have something online shortly.

What the ______?

This can’t be good!!!

Quite a week in A-10 hoops. Rhode Island’s Dawan Robinson gets arrested, Temple’s Wayne Marshall has some ailment doctors have yet been able to diagnose, Fordham frosh Demitrius Phillips falls victim to some admissions snafu (on top of Chris Bethel’s problems), and now this! Hmmm…

Is this really that big of a deal. From all that I have herd he would not even sniff any action unless we were up by 30 with time running out. He was a redshirt waiting to happen.

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@Sep 28 2005, 03:18 PM [b] Is this really that big of a deal. From all that I have herd he would not even sniff any action unless we were up by 30 with time running out. He was a redshirt waiting to happen. [/b]
He may have been a redshirt, and maybe even a project at that. Even so, this means that we'll have to go back to the Juco route for a PF in a couple of years unless we find another Withers in hiding.

It doesn’t effect us this year however it will in a year or two.

Apparently he was having trouble adjusting to college life. Tough loss.

How are you gonna post half the info…and then make us wait to get the rest of it?

Trouble adjusting to playing basketball, dating hot chicks, attending a few classes, traveling for free, getting on TV! What a friggin wuss.

Charlotte.com: 49er freshman leaves school

[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Sep 28 2005, 04:38 PM [b] Trouble adjusting to playing basketball, dating hot chicks, attending a few classes, traveling for free, getting on TV! What a friggin wuss. [/b]
Amen LOL!!!
[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Sep 28 2005, 03:38 PM [b] Trouble adjusting to playing basketball, dating hot chicks, attending a few classes, traveling for free, getting on TV! What a friggin wuss. [/b]
From reading Lutz's quote, I think it's a little deeper than that. Sounds like there are some family issues.
[i]Originally posted by X-49er+Sep 28 2005, 04:44 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (X-49er @ Sep 28 2005, 04:44 PM)

Interesting that the Observer piece said he had withdrawn from school but hadn’t asked for a release from UNCC. Sounds sort of similar to what happened with Dedric Spooner.

From 2003: Dedric Spooner will not go to Charlotte this fall

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Sep 28 2005, 03:38 PM [b] Charlotte.com: [url=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/university_of_north_carolina_charlotte/12764648.htm]49er freshman leaves school[/url] [/b]
Well that article doesn't tell us much.

From the couple times I talked to him, he seemed like a nice kid. Hope he gets things right in his life.

Hate to hear this. Certainly wish him the best.

We wish him the best!!

wish we would have known he was going to puss out on the season before we signed a ton of wing players for 06, however i think the coaching staff had to have known it was coming before the observer knew

Certainly sucks, since he’s been committed to us for a couple years now and we were finally going to see how he was.

But, hopefully he gets his family issues cleared up. That comes first. Good luck.