Ga State @ Charlotte 9/26/20 Noon ESPNU

Iā€™m a little concerned about a slow start and panic.

What I perceive as a strength for them (deceptive run game) goes against our biggest weakness (dL) and it might take time to adjust.

I feel like the offense might take a little time to get going.

Iā€™m very nervous about this game/

Yeah. Howā€™d our game last weekend turn out?

Forgot he was at NCCU brieflyā€¦was just thinking of him coming from JUCO.

The point remainsā€¦he has very little D1 experience and a Covid limited Spring at a new programā€¦ With just 2 weeks of in season starter reps at practice. Hard to expect him to look seasoned or shop.

If he doesā€¦good for himā€¦and us!

I really doubt thatā€™s how Dom looks at itā€¦ He is probably stoked to get a chance to start an FBS game against a solid opponent.

My only worry is a thin OL due to Covid. Otherwise, letā€™s see what Dom can do. No need to be a pansy about it. This is a solid test for him without being overwhelming (ie, clemson)

Completely agree thatā€™s not how Dom is looking at it. And Iā€™m excited to watch him too. My only knock on Reynolds has been his lack of arm strength and slight build. Dom is an inch or so taller but 10-15 lbs bigger and by all accounts has a stronger arm.

Chris makes up for his weaknesses by making great RPO reads, having great pocket presence, always looks downfield when scrambling, throws very accurately even on the run and is a tremendous leader.

If Dom can do all of that with bigger size and a bigger armā€¦we can go to New heights. But thatā€™s a lot to ask or expect.

Iā€™d love to see it though.

Heā€™d already have won the job without Chris being injured if that were true.

Maybe. But a lot of that canā€™t really be seen or measured unless under the pressure & speed of live game action.

Some kids just play different under the lights.

Thatā€™s actually how Reynolds eventually won the job.

The one piece of good news is the GA State doesnā€™t know what Dom can do either.

I agree TRL.

Chris reads are so good. Itā€™s what makes him good at this.

But we got in the App game and the college football world is turning.

1 Like

Well, we have to look at what CR did at App. He looked horrible and we still almost won while playing terribly. Itā€™s hard to go off one game and besides that ULL was noticeably down during the first half. I still see us as having better players and winning big. Call me hopeful or unrealistic but that is my humble hope.

Ok. You may have the last word. But Covid is real and far from over.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not real and Iā€™m not saying itā€™s over. Just that you have been on this Covid is gonna end all football kick for 6 months. It didnā€™t. Just enjoy the games that happen and stop worrying about if the next Covid shoe is gonna drop. Be happy with what we get!

4 Likes

Iā€™ll say this, Iā€™m also one of those people who had been saying for months ā€œthis season ainā€™t going to happenā€. Obviously I was wrong.

Iā€™m excited about watching our boys play each Saturday, having to miss out after the UNC game was canceled (and seeing other teams play throughout the day) REALLY showed me how much of my sports calendar hinges on a dozen or so Saturdays in fall.

Iā€™m excited for this GA State game, canā€™t wait to watch! But, I also donā€™t think any program can take any game for granted this year until the opening kick.

1 Like

Nice discussion about the game with a GA State podcasters.

I need to pick a streaming network to try out this weekend :grimacing:

I have ESPN and ESPN2 because of mandated HOA cable, but adding in ESPNU is such a hassle and you never know when it will be updated so its streamable.

Canā€™t wait for the game though!

1 Like

Even with the sports package added Sling TV Orange Plan is $40 a month right now.

Iā€™d do whichever one is doing a free promo and then just cancel.

Iā€™d comment on how annoyed I am that YTTV jacked their price up to $65/mo but I donā€™t wanna derail the thread. We are right back to paying cable prices.

Fubo TV has a free trial. Also, if you have Chase or Amexā€¦their credit card offers are offering $20 off. But agree with the free trial route since you have HOA cable already.