Galen Young

[QUOTE=Basden05;277725]Yeah ive been planning it for a while now, but dont worry its gunna happen soon. Hopefully ill be there at the start of 09, which is only a year and a bit away. Cant wait[/QUOTE]
havenā€™t you been planning this trip for a while now?

[QUOTE=dax;277726]havenā€™t you been planning this trip for a while now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, thatā€™s why the first sentence is that heā€™s been planning this trip for a while now.

Geeze.

Charlotte basketball just announced on Facebook that Galen passed away. https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article251924458.html

No no no. Why?

Holy crap!! Terrible newsā€¦

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article251924458.html

Thatā€™s really sad to hear, especially coupled with the death of Hornetsā€™ beat writer Rick Bonnell earlier in the week. Galen made the most of those two seasons as a Niner. Just pretty much leaves me speechless.

What!!!

Awful news.

Heartbreaking to hear this.

This is absolutely horrible. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Two young boys left behind. What a senseless way to die. Many great memories of Galen Young playing for the niners. When I put together all time 49er teams heā€™s always on them. Was a great player.

1 Like

Just read Fowlerā€™s blog. Ugh! :slightly_frowning_face:

Such a freak accident. So terrible.

That is crazy. He was Galen ā€œThe Gloveā€ Young, because when he was guarding his man, he was all over him like a glove. Such a sad and tragic event. RIP Galen.

1 Like

One of my favorite all-time Niners. RIP Galen.

1 Like

Still remember his dunk during midnight madness.
RIP

1 Like

Wow! Canā€™t believe this.

Was in Milwaukee for the NCAA Trnm. By all accounts Lutz had brought together a group of role players around Galen and had them peaking after an amazing run through the CUSA trnm. Galen shined like a star against Jim Herrinā€™s talented Rhoadies with Lamar Odom. Lutz outcoached Herrin, and Galen outplayed Odom. Amazing. Then KP went down with the flu and it was too much for Galen to overcome Kelvin Sampsonā€™s sharpshooters from OU.

R.I.P. Galen Young - you were an amazing talent and Niner.

1 Like

Please consider this. Thank you.

2 Likes