Game day Traffic Expectations

What do you guys think traffic will be like Saturday? Unfortunately I cannot make it until closer to 10am and I am wondering how big of a nightmare it’s going to be. I am parking in CRI 3 so I have to enter from 29 which can back up petty easily between the school and Harris Blvd.

At the spring game, we showed up about an hour before kickoff and had absolutely no problem getting in. We’re located in the same lot. Granted, attendance was a little lower and I think a lot of people trickled in after kickoff, but I dont expect it to be much worse.

My biggest worry about traffic Saturday is the people without tickets that will just be coming to campus to enjoy the party. Will they know which entrances to use and not use? Could get quite dicey with people at the gates turning people around. Perhaps they’ll be prepared and guide them around Fretwell and Rowe to the Cone Deck or East Deck.

If your showing up a couple hours ahead of time, shouldn’t be too big of a problem. Leave 30 min prior to when you would get there with no traffic. Early is never a bad thing.

I don’t think traffic will be much of an issue. The University is set to handle 26,000 students on a typical weekday - handling 15,000 fans on Saturday should be relatively straightforward.

Can anyone break down this situation for us?

I am also an alumni (2013) that is going and our group wants to park in student lot like spring game, is there a tag that you have to have to park in that lot?

[quote=“Niner9, post:6, topic:28183”]Can anyone break down this situation for us?

I am also an alumni (2013) that is going and our group wants to park in student lot like spring game, is there a tag that you have to have to park in that lot?[/quote]

Yes, you have to have a student tailgate permit, which you have to be a student to get.

Thanks, now where is the best lot to park if you do not have a parking pass? I wish I was in black lot but I do not want to tailgate in a parking deck

Hit the cone deck, really isn’t that far of a walk to the black lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCeHFOzly8

ftfy!

I rode past the University about an hour ago and they have put up the Football parking signs on the big roads around campus. The Harris Blvd-Hwy 29 intersection has 88,000 cars going through it per day and all of them are going to see that we have football. I did not realize all the many small ways Football was going to cast its shadow on this city.

That’s what I did at the Green and White game, then walked to meet my friends who were in the black lot. Short easy walk to where all the fun is :slight_smile: