Game Thoughts

cover your ears or dont come to the games

the piece missing tonightā€¦esp from the 3 point line is marcus bennett

for future reference...the B*$$ $$#$ chant was extremely untasteful. You should have seen the look on some of the alumni's faces. I'm glad i can't curse at games.

Are you new to this whole college basketball thing?? :huh:

[QUOTE=beasley25;137514]cover your ears or dont come to the games[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Those profane chants are uncalled for. We have children at the games and their parents shouldnā€™t have to earmuff them. I agree that the calls were bad, but their are other better chants to express frustration at the refsā€¦

Likeā€¦

Iā€™m Blind
Iā€™m Deaf
I wannabe a ref

or

Ref Go Home
Ref Go Home
Ref Go Home

or

Nuts and Bolts
Nuts and Bolts
We Got Screwed

All more creative and less offensive.

Which one of the seven alumni that attended the game was mad?

[QUOTE=49erFan1;137517]I disagree.

Those profane chants are uncalled for. We have children at the games and their parents shouldnā€™t have to earmuff them. I agree that the calls were bad, but their are other better chants to express frustration at the refsā€¦

Likeā€¦

Iā€™m Blind
Iā€™m Deaf
I wannabe a ref

or

Ref Go Home
Ref Go Home
Ref Go Home

or

Nuts and Bolts
Nuts and Bolts
We Got Screwed

All more creative and less offensive.[/QUOTE]

Those are the gheyest chants ever.

I donā€™t think any children will be permanently scarred from the BS chant.

which one of the seven alumni had the sad look on his face?

we came up with a chant for last years davidson game. A ROPE A TREE Lets HANG THREE REFEREES

[QUOTE=49erpi;137520]Those are the gheyest chants ever.

I donā€™t think any children will be permanently scarred from the BS chant.[/QUOTE]

I think you miss the point. The point is this is basketball. Not a strip club. Itā€™s a family environment. Or supposed to be anyway. Thatā€™s how we advertise it. If this was an 18+ joint then cuss away, but itā€™s distasteful, rude and reallistically childish to just chant BS BS. Why not express it in less colorful termsā€¦

Chicken Droppings
Horse Landmines
PIā€™s Breath
Pig Feces

etc

J/K.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;137523]we came up with a chant for last years davidson game. A ROPE A TREE Lets HANG THREE REFEREES[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome.

were you the idiot saying the nuts and bolts chant, my grandpa chanted that against wake and billy packer

[QUOTE=beasley25;137527]were you the idiot saying the nuts and bolts chant, my grandpa chanted that against wake and billy packer[/QUOTE]

No I didnā€™t know anybody used that chant.

And even if I did, Iā€™m an idiot whoā€™s done more for this school than you. So thats Mr. Idiot you got it punk.

lets just put up a sound barrier between the two sides of the court right through midcourt

[QUOTE=the daxified one;137523]we came up with a chant for last years davidson game. A ROPE A TREE Lets HANG THREE REFEREES[/QUOTE]

how is this not tasteless? what if the refā€™s family is there???

[QUOTE=beasley25;137529]lets just put up a sound barrier between the two sides of the court right through midcourt[/QUOTE]

Thats a genious idea.

I can see it know

HIH is on the mic.

Gary Williams with the call.

Mitchell over on the left wing passes it to Alexander on top who swings it and oh no it hit the sound barrier that Beasley25 wanted. The Niners with another turnover. They just cant hold on to the ball tonight.

To quote Guiness

BRILLIANT

how is this not tasteless? what if the ref's family is there????

it is still funnyā€¦that is what we said at the davidson game. havenā€™t said here yet though. there is also hey ref get off your knees you are blowing the game.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;137535]it is still funnyā€¦that is what we said at the davidson game. havenā€™t said here yet though. there is also hey ref get off your knees you are blowing the game.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you might have trouble chanting that one.

Well considering i represent the school by being in the pep band i can only chant stuff if it is rated PG. Like i can sayā€¦SO SO you STINK. Or cheer for the school. other than that we have jump up and down and scream. which is basically what i did the entire game.

wtf? you have a problem with the BULLLLSHIIT chant, but will yell ā€œa rope, a tree, lets hang a refereeā€ and ā€œget off your knees youre blowing the gameā€??? yeah those are ā€œPGā€ as you say ::rolls eyes::

To second NAā€™s assesment.

To those who could not wait to see Plavich gone and for us to get away from the 3 point shot - your wish has come true.

We may be lucky to hit 3 or 4 3 pointers a game. We need an outside threat to keep the middle open.

Where was this defense you guys are talking about? Their guards penetrated to the paint all night. They missed alot of 10-12 footers and had nobody with any size to dish to.

I know it was an exhibition and I am glad to see the depth, but we did not have any flow to our offense. I am sure this will get better with a regular rotation.

I also take my young kids to the game and I prefer for them not to hear the student section chanting ā€œBull####################ā€.