Game Thread

Game just ended.

My 2 cents.

Good win, we hit shots late.

We stand around way too much on offense, we need to move more without the ball. When we stand around we kill ourselves. Too much Withers watching, not enough trying to get open.

Courntey Williams played well in Curt’s absence. He had a very nice move. Hopefully with more time he will come into his own. I like the look of his game.

Jerrell Lewis just doesn’t get it. He gets time on the court and first play he goes at the rack and turns it over. Way to get into the coach’s doghouse. Wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers at year end.

Who liked Courtney ballin up that kid

Nice home win for us.

We actually looked like a college team on offense. Making the extra pass, taking an open shot, and SINKING them. Curt got us started off well also.

Leemire was just deadly, draining shots in eyes. Yea I know its Richmond, but the way he was shooting he could of done that vs anyone.

Courtney Williams actually looked like he wasn’t scared to drive and shoot on occasions (maybe because everyone was hitting and we were up big). Nice Game Courtney.

Also nice job Marcus and DA, they hit shots and do what they do.

DA hit shots??? Marcus did, but DA wasn’t anywhere to be found on offense. However, he did a nice job on defence stoping the Bucknor kid that lit us up last game

How bout the white boys getting some PT!!!

[QUOTE=49erFan1;154811]Jerrell Lewis just doesn’t get it. He gets time on the court and first play he goes at the rack and turns it over. Way to get into the coach’s doghouse. Wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers at year end.[/QUOTE]
How many threads have been started about Mitch’s hesitation to drive the ball? How many of us praised Lewis the game he came off the bench and took the ball inside twice, making one and missing the other, but he was still aggressive (I think that was the Xavier game).

The double standards never end. Drive it Mitch! What the hell was Lewis doing driving the ball?

I agree that Lewis shouldn’t have driven the ball at that point in the game, but I love that he is willing to attack the basket. I think him transferring is becoming more and more likely, his reaction to being taken out said a lot, just laughed about it. I would love to see him stay, a PG that attacks is something I’ve never seen since I’ve been watching Niners basketball. He picked the wrong spot tonight, but I still love that he is willing to take it inside and try to make plays.

GET JERRELL LEWIS MORE MINUTES HE IS TEN TIMES THE PLAYER MITCH IS! AGGGHHHH!!!

I posted in another thread before reading this one, but my thoughts when Jerrel was pulled out were exactly the same - “He is transferring to another school.”

I posted in another thread before reading this one, but my thoughts when Jerrel was pulled out were exactly the same - "He is transferring to another school."

Lutz is a freakin prick for taking him out of the game at that point.

I was watching DA at the end of the game. He was really frustrated.

frustrated with Lutz for taking Lewis out of the game? I’m confused.

frustrated with Lutz for taking Lewis out of the game? I'm confused.
No, nothing to do with Lewis. DA just seemed quite agitated/upset/frustrated when everybody was celebrating in the end.

Can you blame him? The 3rd ranked scorer in the A10 scores 6 points…

…and results in us winning in a blowout. Hmmm…

Crack addicts. Lutz puts Lewis in and he immediates drives into the wall early into the shot clock and turns it over.

You -want- this kind of point guard out there? Selfish turnovers are not how you demonstrate you deserve more playing time.

How many threads have been started about Mitch's hesitation to drive the ball? How many of us praised Lewis the game he came off the bench and took the ball inside twice, making one and missing the other, but he was still aggressive (I think that was the Xavier game).

The double standards never end. Drive it Mitch! What the hell was Lewis doing driving the ball?

I agree that Lewis shouldn’t have driven the ball at that point in the game, but I love that he is willing to attack the basket. I think him transferring is becoming more and more likely, his reaction to being taken out said a lot, just laughed about it. I would love to see him stay, a PG that attacks is something I’ve never seen since I’ve been watching Niners basketball. He picked the wrong spot tonight, but I still love that he is willing to take it inside and try to make plays.

I think the difference is the timing. We want Mitch to drive the ball when the court is open. In the full court game he’s at his best attacking the rim because of his speed and athleticism. When theirs only 10 seconds on the shot clock, he needs to go at the rim and try to create something.

Lewis went with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. He didn’t make an effort to run the offense. He never does. Thats the difference. If Mitch didn’t run the offense I’d say bench him too. He does what he’s told to do. He needs to be more aggressive. Lewis is hyper aggressive and that makes him a TO machine.