Game Thread

What a game Leemire silenced his critics making every big shot when he needed to, everybody on the team contributed with Withers getting some questionable calls against him and not playing at all in the final OT. We took the best shot a very disciplined and experienced team. Davidson hit big shot after big shot, this was a completely different team tonight. Great coaching job, great hustle hope they keep this style of play for the rest of the season. Awesome atmosphere it felt great to send all the Davidson fans who chanted DUI to Withers back home with tear drops coming up in their eyes. See you soon Graveline, haha.

Go Niners!
Leemire definitely shut me up tonight!

Points in the paint-DAV 32,CHA 20.
Points off turnovers-DAV 19,CHA 14

We still need some work but i’m going to enjoy this one.

you forgot the final score…Niners 85 Wildcats 81

GO NINERS!!! FINALLY FOUND THAT 3 BALL

Points in the paint-DAV 32,CHA 20. Points off turnovers-DAV 19,CHA 14

Withers had a bad game…and that’s OK once in a while, as long as the supporting cast can step it up like they did tonight.

Oh, and this just came in from AP news:

[SIZE=7]LEEMIRE IS A ****ING BASKETBALL GOD!!![/SIZE]

Keep shooting Leemire can’t wait to see Valpo come in hopefully they bring Bryce Drew

We won with our best player struggling, by virture of what Lutz said was mandated aggressiveness. So, not really anything against Curtis.

I’m very pleased we won with him struggling. That’s the biggest positive I’ve seen all year. They’re also getting scrappier. More drawn charges (huge one by Coleman), my offensive boards.

Mitchell Baldwin, thank you for being our point guard. 10 assists, 1 turnover. That’s disgusting.

Leemire, welcome back. Thanks for bringing you dribble. How sick was he going through traffic? Forced some passes, but he mixed his game up a bit tonight.

I had fun tonight for the first time this season and it felt good. I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

As for the Davidson “fans”, I’m ready to for you to eat crow.

This team proved to me we have a lot of potential. We didn’t play as good as we could have tonight and we played very well. We might be very sold by the time Indiana rolls around if we can keep up this level of play vs the Ragin Cajuns and Valpo

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;142202]
I’m very pleased we won with him struggling. That’s the biggest positive I’ve seen all year. They’re also getting scrappier. More drawn charges (huge one by Coleman), my offensive boards.

Mitchell Baldwin, thank you for being our point guard. 10 assists, 1 turnover. That’s disgusting.

Leemire, welcome back. Thanks for bringing you dribble. How sick was he going through traffic? Forced some passes, but he mixed his game up a bit tonight.

I had fun tonight for the first time this season and it felt good. I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with your whole post NLP, but this part esp. Winning against a good Davidson team with Withers going 3 - 12 with 11 pts, 5 boards, 1 assist, 7 to’s in 37 min??

Baldwin had a bad shooting game but did everything else very well. 10 assists, 1 to, 10 boards, 3-4 from the ft line. He played good, tough D and is getting better at controling the offense.

Lee - WOW. I hope this was his coming out party and not just a blip but WOW. If he’s hitting and playing within the offense I have no prob with him shooting that much - just hope he tones it down when he has an off night. His handles are SWEET!! I haven’t seen anybody break ankles like that since Colson.

This team had plenty of opportunities to fold but stepped up without their star. That says VOLUMES about this team. I know this is one game, but the early season slump could have been just what this team needed. Defense is better, offense is patient and people are playing within the offense. We still have work to do, but we have made a lot of progress in the past [B]week[/B]

I was the on the edge of my seat all night and had a blast (even though I had to sit beside all the freakin Davidson fans).

GOOD JOB NINERS!!!

I have never seen Leemire hustle that much in my life, the kid was diving after loose balls, remember the one he hurt his leg diving for in OT? That kid was just nasty tonight.

[QUOTE=forDniner;142221]Agree with your whole post NLP, but this part esp. Winning against a good Davidson team with Withers going 3 - 12 with 11 pts, 5 boards, 1 assist, 7 to’s in 37 min??

Baldwin had a bad shooting game but did everything else very well. 10 assists, 1 to, 10 boards, 3-4 from the ft line. He played good, tough D and is getting better at controling the offense.

Lee - WOW. I hope this was his coming out party and not just a blip but WOW. If he’s hitting and playing within the offense I have no prob with him shooting that much - just hope he tones it down when he has an off night. His handles are SWEET!! I haven’t seen anybody break ankles like that since Colson.

This team had plenty of opportunities to fold but stepped up without their star. That says VOLUMES about this team. I know this is one game, but the early season slump could have been just what this team needed. Defense is better, offense is patient and people are playing within the offense. We still have work to do, but we have made a lot of progress in the past [B]week[/B]

I was the on the edge of my seat all night and had a blast (even though I had to sit beside all the freakin Davidson fans).

GOOD JOB NINERS!!![/QUOTE]

Agree with every word from both posts.

My only skepticism is that this is one game compared to 5 ugly ones. If we can validate this win with a good effort vs La-La…then I may begin to believe that the season is actually still salvageable.

Very proud of our guys tonight…very proud.

Box score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=253342429

45% from 3pt line!!! thanks to goldwire(the 11% game was thanks to him too)
37.5% overall, needs improvement. get that up another 10% and we can hang with anyone

out rebounded them 53-35

[QUOTE=NinerOne;142235]Box score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=253342429

45% from 3pt line!!! thanks to goldwire(the 11% game was thanks to him too)
37.5% overall, needs improvement. get that up another 10% and we can hang with anyone

out rebounded them 53-35[/QUOTE]

NinerOne, when the team starts coaxing opponents out of the 2-3, it’ll happen.
Hitting 13 threes for 45% will do wonders for that.

Lutz pulled a foul shooter because he was “injured.” Put in another player who sank the shots, and then put the “injured” guy back in.

You ought to be ashamed.

[QUOTE=Wildcat92;142239]Lutz pulled a foul shooter because he was “injured.” Put in another player who sank the shots, and then put the “injured” guy back in.

You ought to be ashamed.[/QUOTE]
Baldwin has had a bum shoulder for over a year now.

Also when you took a cheap shot on a pick against Goldwire that knocked him down for a bit, he stayed in and shot.

Besides, we don’t have a good enough FT shooter on the team to justify the faking an injury plan.

a bum shoulder?

Then he shouldn’t be freaking playing. If it is well enough to play on the court, it’s well enough to shoot foul shots.

I call bullshit.

Wildcat92…ashamed? Hell no, just ashamed that we had to struggle to beat you guys. The score has not changed. You lost.