Game times finally announced!

on charlotte49ers.com

my manager is gonna get sick of me askin off 2 or 3 nights a week :smiley:

Schedule link

The only date change I see is Pfeiffer now on Tues Nov 2, instead of Thursday.

Wow, 4 games on TV and only 2 nationally.

Weakest schedule we’ve had in a while.

[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 01:45 PM [b] Wow, 4 games on TV and only 2 nationally.

Weakest schedule we’ve had in a while. [/b]

C-SET may carry as many as 10 additional games. I know that doesn’t help you much in Atlanta but locally it will be nice. We can start getting some good TV exposure in the Charlotte area. Of course it’s not ideal, but it’s a pretty good situation for the program.

So, what’s the deal with WAXN? And what’s up with C-SET?

Basically, is there any hope for out of towners?

Last year wasn’t too bad, but this year will be tough if C-SET isn’t available via satellite…

C-Set is still negotiating with the other cable companies. It could happen this year, but more likely next.

If you’re in atlanta though… ugh. Maybe they’ll be a way to get a satellite feed somehow (???)

NA, is C-SET going to be carried by satellite providers, or is it a TW Cable phenomenon at this point? If so, that sucks for the N. Meck Adelphia subscribers…

The Indiana game is listed as an ESPN Plus Local on the Hoosiers website, so hopefully that game will be available in Charlotte as well.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 04:02 PM [b] NA, is C-SET going to be carried by satellite providers, or is it a TW Cable phenomenon at this point? If so, that sucks for the N. Meck Adelphia subscribers... [/b]
It is TW Cable only as of right now (no additional cost). I've heard that the non TW cable customers in meck county are their first priority.

I dont know what it will take for them to get them on a satellite package. Probably a lot of negotiating. If they are successful then TW might like the exclusivity.

[b] NA, is C-SET going to be carried by satellite providers, or is it a TW Cable phenomenon at this point? If so, that sucks for the N. Meck Adelphia subscribers... [/b]
It sucks for me, Judy and the Lutz's who live up in Lincoln and Catawba counties too. As I've said many times before, we get Charter cable out there. As of now, no plans for them carrying C-SET.

And as far as satellite goes, C-SET will not be a satellite product. You’ve got to have digital cable from a company who signs a deal with C-SET.

why only two espn+ games we usually have like 5 or 6

Front page schedule has now been updated with times/TV.

Seems to be a lot of Saturday games being played at night this season. I REALLY hope we’re no worse than 3-1 when we host Alabama on a Saturday night because that should be a great environment. Actually hoping for 4-0 but I don’t want to jinx us with that Valpo road game.

Word was that C-Set would only be available on Digital Cable. Is that still the case? I can’t afford the upgrade.

so cset turns out worse than last year where we had channel 96 on basic cable.

Man, this worries me. We GOTTA get more national TV exposure. Looks like I’m gonna be cursing broadcast.com a lot this year.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 07:55 PM [b] Word was that C-Set would only be available on Digital Cable. Is that still the case? I can't afford the upgrade. [/b]
C-Set is only on digital cable, so NA's "no additional cost" statement is only partially true. If you already have digital, it's no additional cost. If you don't, you have to upgrade, and digital costs more than analog. Doesn't matter for me yet. I've got Adelphia, so I won't see any of 'em.

When is C-set going on air?

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 08:08 PM [b] so cset turns out worse than last year where we had channel 96 on basic cable. [/b]
C-SET is a regional sports station (or will be once they sign all of their deals with cable providers across the Carolinas). Channel 96 was a trial run on TW. It wasn't even a real channel. I used to have digital cable but now have High Def offered by Charter. Everyone's moving that way, folks.

C-SET will promote our athletic program and university and also produce the telecasts. They want and need us to do well. Same as the Bobcats. Once all the deals are put together, this is going to be a big boost for our program. Don’t forget, Bob Johnson is behind this. The man knows how to market and has the bucks to put into it. We just need to win and it will all take care of itself.

Digital cable is around $10 a month more. Pack your lunch one day a month or something, it will be worth the upgrade to watch ~10 Niner games.

For you HDTV owners, hi-def DVR boxes are now available for $7 a month, and a package of five HD channels including ESPNHD is available for $6.50. The DVR box is definitely worth it, the five channels probably aren’t, unless you’re a big sports fan like me.

How many times have we heard that if we just win, it will take care of itself?

I think C-SET sounds like a bunch of crap. If you can only get it on digital cable or on one Cable provider, how good can it be?

Basically, a bunch of folks in the Charlotte metro will be screwed, much less out of towners. I’m with austinniner, this isn’t a good direction for our program. Of course, when you look at our weak schedule, it’s no wonder that we aren’t on TV…