Gas Boycott

Agreed. Charlotte needs to keep working on the public transportation system. Hopefully the new light rail will do some good. I was excited to hear that they are planning to build a station near the university. Maybe more UNCC students will be working in uptown in the future. If nothing else, at least it will cut down on the number of students coming back from the club and driving drunk.

[QUOTE=49erForum.com;240847]Agreed. Charlotte needs to keep working on the public transportation system. Hopefully the new light rail will do some good. I was excited to hear that they are planning to build a station near the university. Maybe more UNCC students will be working in uptown in the future. If nothing else, at least it will cut down on the number of students coming back from the club and driving drunk.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully but knowing the decision makers, they’ll have the light rail shutting down at 10pm.

Also I don’t know if anyone on here ever had David Hartgen as a professor, he teaches transportation planning. He made a class do an assignment that involved using the Charlotte bus system from the University to another point in Charlotte. So many of the destinations required a trip to center city then a trip elsewhere resulting in 3 or more transfers. Luckily so many students complained that when I took his class he didn’t assign it to us, just told us about it.

The wheel and spoke is popular, but not practical. Mainly because the rail and spoke gives the suburban living downtown workers options, rather than the cross-town blue color employees who need the public transportation more in the first place and everyone knows Money Talks.