Gaston Gazette writer seems confident Major will get year 5

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/colleges/column-charlotte-49ers-basketball-fans-on-rollercoaster-of-emotions-as-cusa-tourney-begins-1.289314

He also seems to read NNN a lot.

[quote=“jfickett, post:1, topic:28687”]http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/colleges/column-charlotte-49ers-basketball-fans-on-rollercoaster-of-emotions-as-cusa-tourney-begins-1.289314

He also seems to read NNN a lot.[/quote]

Good article. Lays it out pretty clearly.

This should make every Niner fan mad.

[quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:3, topic:28687”]This should make every Niner fan mad.[/quote] Many of us are already mad. Most are angry, too.

I have not heard 1 49er fan that wants Major back after this year. This board in particular has been pretty clear that it wants Major gone after this season. Did someone from our AD write this article?

Maybe so - we know the AD doesn’t like it when the peasants dare to question the throne.

Maybe so - we know the AD doesn’t like it when the peasants dare to question the throne.[/quote]

Would have been nice if he had mentioned losing to 200+ RPI teams and our season pretty much ending in January as factors for attendance being down.

Its like he read our hearts and smelled our farts…

More like Richard Walker simply READS THIS BOARD. All he said is here in various threads. No?

I’d be okay either way. Next year though, I’d want him fired if he doesn’t make ncaa tourney. I’m a sucker for the no upperclassmen excuse. Next year we “should” have 6+. 2 seniors and 4 juniors I’m thinking.

I’d be okay either way. Next year though, I’d want him fired if he doesn’t make ncaa tourney. I’m a sucker for the no upperclassmen excuse. Next year we “should” have 6+. 2 seniors and 4 juniors I’m thinking.[/quote]

Yeah I am in the same boat. Can’t say I have an opinion on this as it simply wont happen. Next year has to be NCAA or bust. Next year’s team will be the most talented team that we have seen in some time. If he can’t do it with last years squad, or next years squad, then he just cant do it.

I have so had it with “next year will be the year”…He’s a lousy coach,end of story.I’d much rather have someone come in with (hopefully) a decent squad and make something of it.The sooner we get a real coach in here to push,motivate and bring out the best of our recruits the sooner we can escape mediocrity.

I’d be okay either way. Next year though, I’d want him fired if he doesn’t make ncaa tourney. I’m a sucker for the no upperclassmen excuse. Next year we “should” have 6+. 2 seniors and 4 juniors I’m thinking.[/quote]

Yeah I am in the same boat. Can’t say I have an opinion on this as it simply wont happen. Next year has to be NCAA or bust. Next year’s team will be the most talented team that we have seen in some time. If he can’t do it with last years squad, or next years squad, then he just cant do it.[/quote]Agree that next season is NCAA or new coach. Of course, being in a 14-team one-bid conference won’t make it easy, but no reason why Niners can’t cut down the nets in wherever the 2015 C-USA tourney is being held.

BTW, according to this, it could be Shreveport.

Thenewsstar.com: Tech preparing 2015 C-USA bid

Maybe so - we know the AD doesn’t like it when the peasants dare to question the throne.[/quote]

Would have been nice if he had mentioned losing to 200+ RPI teams and our season pretty much ending in January as factors for attendance being down.[/quote]

Agree… Agree… Agree…

And still Agree…

If Judy doesn’t use double standards then Major will suffer the same fate as Lutz did in his last season when the team collapsed after some very good victories. He was fired for the collapse and Major has had a worse collapse this year than Lutz had. Judy has to prove that firing Lutz was not just a personal grudge because he was never a yes man to Judy’s ideas. Major seems more of a yes man than any coach I’ve ever seen, and he is a yes man to more than Judy and Phil because he shows the spineless behavior to the refs in every game. He does not like to challenge authority even when they are wrong, and that is why he was hired.

No.

Then have him fired. I don’t care.

I’m 75% that major isn’t the right coach to lead the team back to relevancy (whatever that is), but him not making the tourney with his true 1st recruiting class being seniors next year and arguably looks like the best team on paper we’ve had in quite some time, I’ll know 100%. If he does make the tourney, then I’m at 50% again and we’ll see what he does the next year.

It’s not like lutz was lighting the world on fire his last several years here. Major isn’t either right now and who knows if the next coach will. There’s def a learning curve to first time coaches. Next year is a HUGE year in Majors career. He’s had time to build the team. If he doesn’t win, there will/should be no one on the fence.

No.[/quote]
Agreed. The Puerto Rico tourney win was way too early in the seAson to call it a collapse. More like we went up a speed bump then went down fast and decided to stay there. We were out of the at-large discussion too early in the season. There was high hopes in that year under lutz. Terrible last 10 games.

Good post. If we do keep Major, we need to also hire someone who will have the responsibility of putting handbills on cars at the mall because Major claims it is not his responsibility to bring fans into Halton. I just hope Judy actually does her damn homework for the next hiring process. There are more important aspects to coaching than promising to be a puppet.

EXACTLY !!