Georgia St Pre-Game

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:40, topic:31082”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:38, topic:31082”]If this makes me metro-esque, whatever. I feel like losing saturday may be in the best interest of the program.

ducks[/quote]

We are starving for a home win. Our fans and students deserve something to be proud of even for one day. Lambert is not right fit for the job and our leadership should see that no matter if we end the season 0-12 or 2-10.[/quote]

Yes. But WANTING us to lose is just fucking perverted. Go support another school if you’re that messed up about this. Or, better, DO SOMETHING positive to make the changes that will make us a winner.

[quote=“49er1, post:41, topic:31082”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:40, topic:31082”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:38, topic:31082”]If this makes me metro-esque, whatever. I feel like losing saturday may be in the best interest of the program.

ducks[/quote]

We are starving for a home win. Our fans and students deserve something to be proud of even for one day. Lambert is not right fit for the job and our leadership should see that no matter if we end the season 0-12 or 2-10.[/quote]

Yes. But WANTING us to lose is just f***ing perverted. Go support another school if you’re that messed up about this. Or, better, DO SOMETHING positive to make the changes that will make us a winner.[/quote]

Under normal circumstances I would never support a team losing. It’s only happened one other time in my life. It only happens under the crazy incompetence of Judy Rose and it was with Alan Major.

Mod: Your poor spelling was killing me.

Nebraska fired their AD today because of poor results on the football field with the team losing so much. I like the way they handle the situation, but our school will let Judy stay till she is 100yr.

I even had an App that Judy needs to retire along with the football coach.

[quote=“d_whitley, post:42, topic:31082”][quote=“49er1, post:41, topic:31082”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:40, topic:31082”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:38, topic:31082”]If this makes me metro-esque, whatever. I feel like losing saturday may be in the best interest of the program.

ducks[/quote]

Yes. But WANTING us to lose is just f***ing perverted. Go support another school if you’re that messed up about this. Or, better, DO SOMETHING positive to make the changes that will make us a winner.[/quote]

Under normal sercumstances I would never support a team loosing. It’s only happened one other time in my life. It only happens under the crazy incompetence of Judy Rose and it was with Alan Major.[/quote]

clt like this word: sercumstances

clt is concerned. Their rb is animated.

[quote=“woodniner, post:43, topic:31082”]Nebraska fired their AD today because of poor results on the football field with the team losing so much. I like the way they handle the situation, but our school will let Judy stay till she is 100yr.

I even had an App that Judy needs to retire along with the football coach.[/quote]
Wow a school firing an AD due to lack of success on the field/court? What a concept!!!

GSU’s problems not only with team on the field but with the field itself!

WSBTV.com: Inspection uncovers serious safety problems at Georgia State Stadium

[quote=“d_whitley, post:42, topic:31082”][quote=“49er1, post:41, topic:31082”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:40, topic:31082”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:38, topic:31082”]If this makes me metro-esque, whatever. I feel like losing saturday may be in the best interest of the program.

ducks[/quote]

Under normal sercumstances I would never support a team loosing. It’s only happened one other time in my life. It only happens under the crazy incompetence of Judy Rose and it was with Alan Major.[/quote]

nailed it. Any other AD and its totally unacceptable. If Judy can defend Brad, and her decision making in the slightest, she will. We’ve got to be indefensible to get rid of anyone. ive seen this movie before a few times on the hardwood.

Of course I don’t actively root for Charlotte to be bad. At that point I’d just stop watching. If we manage to win 3 or 4 games, we’re looking at another year of Brad and I just don’t want that anymore.

Cyrus Smith at Underdog Dynasty picks Georgia State to win 27-14. Ouch!

Underdogdynasty.com: Choosing C-USA: Can UAB prove they are more than a good story against North Texas?

[quote=“woodniner, post:43, topic:31082”]Nebraska fired their AD today because of poor results on the football field with the team losing so much. I like the way they handle the situation, but our school will let Judy stay till she is 100yr.

I even had an App that Judy needs to retire along with the football coach.[/quote]

The Nebraska AD was Mediocre but I will give him credit in one area. When Pelini kept blowing important games against crucial opponents the husker fan base knew it was because of his staff. A staff that consisted of Penlini’s buddies. And he never did anything to change it. Their AD finally told him to make a change if he wanted to keep his coaching job at Nebraska and he refused. And thats what finally got him canned. Meanwhile at charlotte we have the same situation here with Lambert and his staff. And so far there are no signs pressuring him to make changes.

[quote=“Hal Jordan, post:50, topic:31082”][quote=“woodniner, post:43, topic:31082”]Nebraska fired their AD today because of poor results on the football field with the team losing so much. I like the way they handle the situation, but our school will let Judy stay till she is 100yr.

The Nebraska AD was Mediocre but I will give him credit in one area. When Pelini kept blowing important games against crucial opponents the husker fan base knew it was because of his staff. A staff that consisted of Penlini’s buddies. And he never did anything to change it. Their AD finally told him to make a change if he wanted to keep his coaching job at Nebraska and he refused. And thats what finally got him canned. Meanwhile at charlotte we have the same situation here with Lambert and his staff. And so far there are no signs pressuring him to make changes.[/quote]
Probably because the athletic department operates with a mindset of “At least we have football” so results on the field aren’t as important. It is year 5 of the program yet the way some talk you’d think it was year 2

http://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-brad-lambert-3/

[font=georgia][size=16px]“Our fans and our student-athletes deserve leadership that drives the highest levels of competitiveness, as well as excellence across all facets of Husker athletics,” Green said in a statement.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia][size=16px]http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/20777039/nebraska-cornhuskers-fire-ad-shawn-eichorst[/size][/font]

CFN predicts a 26-17 Charlotte win.

Collegefootballnews.com: Georgia State vs. Charlotte Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

If I were coaching I would keep the game out of Klugh’s hands. These pick sixes are a death nail. I would run the ball almost the entire game and only sneak in a few safe pass plays (this is assuming we don’t get down big early). I’d wait for GA State to turn the ball over and make the most of those opportunities. If you commit a false start or dumb holding penalty you are running until you puke next week in practice.

Charlotteobserver.com: How Charlotte 49ers running back Benny LeMay caught up to game’s fast pace

Charlotteobserver.com: Saturday’s area college football lineup features these games to watch

AJC.com: Manning, Georgia State offense shoot for quick turnaround

All are starters, and Ferguson outplayed Heisman candidate Josh Rosen in a win against UCLA last Saturday.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article174904676.html#storylink=cpy

This makes me happy. Hope we can rekindle some of that magic tomorrow.

[quote=“chidave, post:58, topic:31082”]https://mobile.twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/status/911263166801305604

This makes me happy. Hope we can rekindle some of that magic tomorrow.[/quote]

clt says we had better players then.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:59, topic:31082”][quote=“chidave, post:58, topic:31082”]https://mobile.twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/status/911263166801305604

This makes me happy. Hope we can rekindle some of that magic tomorrow.[/quote]

clt says we had better players then.[/quote]

GS was also a much better team. They won 6 games that season.