Georgia State Away Game 11-27-19 2:00 Tip

Wednesday’s afternoon tilt is only second home game for the 2019 Sun Belt champs, who are 3-3 under new coach Rob Lanier.

Panthers lost four leading scorers (54 ppg) from last season, but have four averaging in double figures this year (52 ppg). Ten player rotation led by Detroit Mercy transfer Corey Allen (15.5 ppg).

Competitive in the three losses to CofC (80-84), Duke (63-74), and Georgetown (83-91).

i’m not confident about our ability to win on the road yet. georgia state is definintely better than app and that game was a disaster. certainly a winnable game with our coaching and talent but i wouldn’t pick us to win on the road yet, until proven otherwise.

1 Like

Law of averages says we shoot at least 60% this game.

1 Like

After watching us in person at app I’m not optimistic about winning this game. Can’t believe the team that lost to app beat davidson and wake. Yikes!

Ironically, those wins are the most notable for C-USA so far.

1 Like

I was at the Ga St and CofC game. Ga St is long and play fast and aggressive and have a really stingy D. I don’t like our chances in this one, not on the road.

1 Like

Anybody riding down to the A tomorrow?

It’s a local game for me, so I’ll be there.

2 Likes

Confirmed: It will be on ESPN + as well.

Turning it over, every other trip, down the floor.

They are not missing many shots. Gotta think their percentage will go down.

Not a bad first half. Vasic is hurting us. They are doubling off of screens. Gotta think Coach will make some adjustments to counter that in the second half.

36-38 bad guys - Half

Vasic needs to quit launching 25 footers.

clt says we should only play games below 2000 ft elevation

We are a much better team when Bamba is in. He has to stay out of foul trouble in the second half.

They shot 15%. But 4-7 from 3pt.

Shep reminds me of JD on defense. slow in rotating. They are getting wide open corner 3s.

They were 15-30 in the first half. The 15% was a typo (or bad math)