Get rid of Lutz, please.

[QUOTE=jabo_pf;151218]uh last time I checked it was UNCC and not Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed that press release from the summer of 2000 that announced the name change, no?

But I digress. This team is very, very tough to watch. There are chemistry issues, they force everything, they live and die by the three, and they play with no discipline or confidence.

And while itā€™s true that Lutz doesnā€™t play the game for them, arenā€™t those issues a direct reflection upon him and his leadership? I think that a lot of people here WANT to like Lutz - I know I want to. Heā€™s an alumnus, heā€™s been here for a number of years, and weā€™ve had some decent years under him.

But my god people, itā€™s getting unbearable. It started with the loss to Louisville last year and has only gotten worse. So far this year we have no landmark wins and some HORRIBLE losses. Meanwhile, when we get down in a close game and weā€™re playing badly, it seems that the only constant throughout the year in that situation has been a Lutz technical. I see no leadership and no respect for Lutz among the players. It kills me to say this, but I think a change is long overdue.

Wow, thatā€™s my longest post on this board in awhile.

lutz said something to them today about the three ball they had only taken like 6 attempts the entire first half of the game. They also had a lot of back door passes for assists. I was really shocked with the movement of the ball in the first half.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;151221]lutz said something to them today about the three ball they had only taken like 6 attempts the entire first half of the game. They also had a lot of back door passes for assists. I was really shocked with the movement of the ball in the first half.[/QUOTE]

If there was anything positive about the game it was the way we tried to go inside. I was actually surprised.

[QUOTE=rangerwolfy;151205]If bobby isnt supposed to argue calls for his players who is them so they can get techs and get thrown out hurting an already struggling team even more[/QUOTE]

Nobody on this team has any fire to argue. As for Bobby and his techs, they are plain stupid and uncalled for. Last nights first tech was the worst Iā€™ve seen. Down 5 and you get a tech with 5 minutes to go.

He is a complete idiot who needs to go. We need new blood at this school. He clamping and constant screaming on the sidelines has gotten under my skin.

As the theme of this subject " get rid of Lutz, please". My question " Is there worthy candidates knocking our door down trying to come here???". We donā€™t like the slow game and most of the time we donā€™t do so good. How many time we won at St Louis? All of the suggestion on how bad we need to get rid of Lutz. And, get a Hal Wissel version of a coach ???. Donā€™t be so critical guys. Weā€™re not that perfect at work some of the time, too. Go Niners ! ! ! I still think Coach Lutz is one hell of a coach for who we are in the basketball world. And, the type of salary Charlotte is willing to pay for a basketball coach.

Lutz isnā€™t going anywhere unless he wants to leave. We canā€™t afford to fire him and plain and simple Judy wonā€™t.

Weā€™re having a bad year. We have tons of problems. It happens.

My problem is I donā€™t forsee next year being any better.

[QUOTE=rangerwolfy;151205]If bobby isnt supposed to argue calls for his players who is them so they can get techs and get thrown out hurting an already struggling team even more[/QUOTE]

No issue with when Bobby argues call for his players, he just needs to pick the right times to go all ape shit. I mean, late in the second half when we were in striking distance is just not the right time.

It is amazing that weā€™ve won so many games over the last couple years without a solid PG. Someone has to break down the defense.

Penetration and taking it the basket worked well for us. Thatā€™s my biggest complaint. Take it to the hole and stop dribbling and waiting for a guy to get open. Goldwire, Alexander and Bennett can do it. Sit Mitch and let the true basketball players get the minutes.

It is amazing that we've won so many games over the last couple years without a solid PG. Someone has to break down the defense.

Penetration and taking it the basket worked well for us. Thatā€™s my biggest complaint. Take it to the hole and stop dribbling and waiting for a guy to get open. Goldwire, Alexander and Bennett can do it. Sit Mitch and let the true basketball players get the minutes.

Agree totally. I think we need to start playing for next year at this point. Get Jarrell in that at PG and let him get experience. He showed against GW heā€™s not scared to take it to the hole. Yes heā€™s erratic and his decision making isnā€™t good right now, but if he starts playing major minutes now he could develop a great deal for next year.

My question " Is there worthy candidates knocking our door down trying to come here?????"

Yes, Matt Doherty.

[QUOTE=marcushe;151250]Yes, Matt Doherty.[/QUOTE]

Please. Stop. Now.

That is the most ridiculous case of ā€œgrass is greenerā€ Ive ever seen. Doherty is a terrible coach.

Guys I defend Lutz sometimes but this year is pitiful

I donā€™t think he wants to be here and it shows.

Time for new blood, no blaiming the players no point guard, etc, etc, just need a change in mgmt and that is the coach.

Doherty is a terrible coach?? No way

[URL=http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22725&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=152858&Q_SEASON=2005]http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22725&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=152858&Q_SEASON=2005[/URL]

My choice.

Send Lutz to Wake and we get Prosser

Send Lutz to Wake and we get Prosser

more ghetto offense, and no defense?

Yes, Matt Doherty.

Iā€™ve never understood this love for Doh. The guy couldnā€™t succeed at arguably the best basketball school in the country. He got to the NIT in one season at Notre Dame. What on earth makes him the end all be all for coaches to come here?

Iā€™d take Orlando Early, Mike Anderson about 5 or 6 other guys before Doh would make my list.

All this crap about Lutz being fired is pointless anyway. Heā€™s not leaving unless he wants to.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;151266]Iā€™ve never understood this love for Doh. The guy couldnā€™t succeed at arguably the best basketball school in the country. He got to the NIT in one season at Notre Dame. What on earth makes him the end all be all for coaches to come here?

Iā€™d take Orlando Early, Mike Anderson about 5 or 6 other guys before Doh would make my list.

All this crap about Lutz being fired is pointless anyway. Heā€™s not leaving unless he wants to.[/QUOTE]

Second that, what is this love affair about?? He almost ruined a great tradition rich program. Yes, I know great recruits went to chapel hill, but did he or the" School" recruit them

All this crap about Lutz being fired is pointless anyway. He's not leaving unless he wants to.

please donā€™t say that, i really canā€™t take this another year.

[QUOTE=marcushe;151250]Yes, Matt Doherty.[/QUOTE]
Did he show interest ? You know for a fact Doh wants to come here??? Can we afford another Hal Wissel? How much will it cost us i.e. time, money or both? Only one candidate??? How long will he stay or weā€™re just a stepping stone for him to get back to division 1 ? Name a few that are dying to come here just because one Doh. . . ainā€™t good enough. Too many unknown . . . and not too many answers . . . except complaints. No! thank you to Doh. I rather keep it [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkGreen][I]GREEN . . . . . . . . .Go Niners ! ! ![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]