Get your 50 cents ready ...

… for a Niner FEATURE story in Friday’s Observer.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 04:11 PM [b] ... for a Niner FEATURE story in Friday's Observer. [/b]
SWEEET!!! We've died and gone to Heaven!! :toast: :lmao:

Now, it’s just up to the paper boy. I may try to reach him tonight. :wink: I’ll be waiting. :fastgun:

Yea! Thanks for waiting until the weekend Mike! (I’m a weekend only subscriber) I’ll be sure to bring it in first thing in the morning instead of waiting for the Hubby to get it - but then again, he may beat me too it if he knows about the Niner Feature.

I’m gonna go broke with all these Niner stories.

B)

So what’s it gonna be Over40, buy an Observer or miss a meal? :stuck_out_tongue:

when the paper boy misses my house I just send my dog over to the neighbors house to retrive one for me. :ph34r:

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 08:14 PM [b] So what's it gonna be Over40, buy an Observer or miss a meal? :P [/b]
I've already been missing some meals, just so I can buy some extra copies of the Big O.

B) B) B)

WOW! The coverage so far in the Preseason has been better and more regular than any other year I can remember.

I hate to bite the hand that’s feeding us so handsomely…but…What changed?

We always heard…“If you win, the coverage will be there…” but we haven’t won …yet.

I wonder what caused this sudden surge of Niner coverage from our friends at the Big O.

Possible answers:

• Basketball season hasn’t actually started yet so when it does it’s back to ACC priority
  • Someone at the Big ‘O’ finally realized there’s a market for Niner BBall in Charlotte
  • Some of the complaining actually opened some eyes
  • Hometown paper decides to do good deed and support hometown team (yeah, I thought that would get a laugh)
  • They actually believe we have a team worthy of promoting and writing about in spite of everyone’s ACC fixation

Any other thoughts?

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 10:04 PM [b] Any other thoughts? [/b]
There's one large thread and many small ones that address this topic. :D Basically, we're supposed to be real good. If we are, it will continue. :rolleyes:
[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 10:04 PM [b] Possible answers: - Basketball season hasn't actually started yet so when it does it's back to ACC priority - Someone at the Big 'O' finally realized there's a market for Niner BBall in Charlotte - Some of the complaining actually opened some eyes - Hometown paper decides to do good deed and support hometown team (yeah, I thought that would get a laugh) - They actually believe we have a team worthy of promoting and writing about in spite of everyone's ACC fixation

Any other thoughts? [/b]

Don’t forget to add that complete and total apathy for the Panther’s lackluster season has helped a little as well. No one wants to read about their continued woes.

In the Observer’s defense on that issue though, we were getting great coverage back when the Panther’s were still in contention.

The Panthers/Bobcats/ACC/NASCAR/whatever have nothing to do with it. I think you guys will be good if the point guard play holds up, which means Baldwin has to stay healthy. Maybe the team will make me look smart. Maybe not. We’ll see. Win or lose, we’ll cover all the games, as we have with rare exception for years. Win big, get more than just your students and the folks on this board excited (pssst! that’ll take making the top 15 or so, probably, and staying there) and it’ll get even better.

I wish you’d tell me Jena Janovy is the reason we are getting covered more, and it has nothing to do with preseason expectations, and everything to do with finding the right person for the job.

Beggars can’t be choosers though, so I’ll take it for what it’s worth.

Another good story, and I like the that you guys aren’t doing the usual stories. Any plans to do an A to Z story on Curtis Withers since he’s a local boy?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 08:56 AM [b] I wish you'd tell me Jena Janovy is the reason we are getting covered more, and it has nothing to do with preseason expectations, and everything to do with finding the right person for the job. [/b]
Certainly Jena is a large part of this. I think we can all agree she has done a great job so far. I'd say it's a safe bet we'll be writing about Curtis ...
[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 08:59 AM [b] Certainly Jena is a large part of this. I think we can all agree she has done a great job so far. I'd say it's a safe bet we'll be writing about Curtis ... [/b]
Is she new? She seems to be on the ball when it comes to writing Niner stories. I've enjoyed the coverage, keep it up.
[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner+Nov 12 2004, 09:18 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (CPA_Niner @ Nov 12 2004, 09:18 AM)

Mike, thanks!!! Jena is doing a great job on the Niners. We’re going to keep her busy this season!

GO NINERS!