Girl found 18 years later...

Imagine having to watch your 11 year old daughter get snatched on her way to the bus stop and live without her for 18 years. Then one day you get a phone call telling you she is alive and well…

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/27/california.missing.girl/index.html

****ing sick world, but instances like this offer hope.

I’m surprised it took 11 years for her to be able to get away unwatched after 18 before she could call the cops.

Unimaginable. The girl even had kids with this devil. I hope they burn the kidnappers at the damn stake.

[QUOTE=VA49er;427559]Unimaginable. The girl even had kids with this devil. I hope they burn the kidnappers at the damn stake.[/QUOTE]

This.

Even the most horrid and painful punishment wouldn’t violate the “cruel and unusual” standard IMO.

Yup, re-reading it I realized that she was forced to have his kids…

Yup, re-reading it I realized that she was forced to have his kids...

And they’re 11 and 15 now.

She had her first child at 14, could’ve been pregnant at 13. Disgusting.

Unimaginable. The girl even had kids with this devil. I hope they burn the kidnappers at the damn stake.
This.

Even the most horrid and painful punishment wouldn’t violate the “cruel and unusual” standard IMO.

QFT! Cruel and unusual punishment seems perfect in cases like this.

[QUOTE=VA49er;427559] I hope they burn the kidnappers at the damn stake.[/QUOTE]

TWICE.

Yes, I feel so strongly about it I quoted myself.

He took her and the children out in public?

Why the hell didn’t she try to escape then?

[QUOTE=thelew1014;427575]He took her and the children out in public?

Why the hell didn’t she try to escape then?[/QUOTE]

No need to blame the victim.

I can’t even begin to understand what something like this does to the psyche of a child. Maybe her abductor threatened to kill her parents, etc. Who knows?

Could’ve been Stockholm syndrome, or she could’ve been brainwashed. That happens a lot… remember Elizabeth Smart? She was being held in the woods about a mile from her house, and never tried to escape.

But Garrido said he had "completely turned my life around" in the past several years. "You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he said. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward and in the end you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story."

He added, “Wait 'til you hear the story of what took place at this house. You’re going to be absolutely impressed. It’s a disgusting thing that took place with me in the beginning, but I turned my life completely around.”

**** YOU

I think they locked her in a shed. She never attended school or anything.

She may have tried to escape before for all we know. But I dunno if it was as easy as pulling up the police station on mapquest.

The stepfather was a suspect for years and suspicions broke up his marriage. He watched the kidnappers take her but was unable to stop them. The mom would take off work each anniversary of the kidnapping and cry all day.

I’d put the dad and the kidnapper in the same room together. Let the kidnapper explain how it was a “powerful, heartwarming story”. And then quietly shut the door and let them work it out for themselves.

[QUOTE=survivor45;427583]

The stepfather was a suspect for years and suspicions broke up his marriage. He watched the kidnappers take her but was unable to stop them. The mom would take off work each anniversary of the kidnapping and cry all day.

I’d put the dad and the kidnapper in the same room together. Let the kidnapper explain how it was a “powerful, heartwarming story”. And then quietly shut the door and let them work it out for themselves.[/QUOTE]

As the father of a little girl, I can promise you if I was in that situation the dude wouldn’t make it out alive. I wouldn’t give a rat’s ass about any repurcussions. I’d take my chances with a jury.

This is a heinous crime no doubt but it gets me to thinking about the alternatives that could have occurred to the girl and what sentence he will actually receive. He could have killed her and for that he probably gets life maybe the death penalty (personally, I would be in favor of death had he killed her). So then, what does he get for what he actually did? Life I am sure. Just doesn’t seem like the punishment will fit the crime. This whole thing is truly sad.

I also agree with taking my chances with a jury if I were Probyn. He’s already lost his wife and I suspect custody of the other child (Jaycee’s sister). If he has no attachments (a second wife or kids). he should plan his own kidnapping of Garrido and exact his own measure of justice…slowly and methodically. An eye for an eye. But with that bond I suspect Garrido is “safe” behind bars. Or at least he will be until after sentencing and incarcerated. Then, if I am Probyn, I am sending care packages to random inmates in exchange for them to f up Garrido.

I hope he gets life in a Maximum Security pen. As part of the deal I want him to have a tattoo in size 48 font written across his chest that says “I Rape Kids, and I also like it in the ass”. He’d be popular.

I’m with Va. as the father of 2 girls I’d do everything in my power to kill the MF’er and take my chances in court.

[QUOTE=KissMyAxe;427603]Then, if I am Probyn, I am sending care packages to random inmates in exchange for them to f up Garrido.[/QUOTE]

One nice thing if he does indeed get life behind bars is the internal prison system of justice. If you’re in prison for something like theft you might be okay. But if you’re in prison for hurting a kid, you’re done. Expect a living hell experience from guards & inmates alike.

I can only imagine how this dude will get treated in prison once word gets out what he did.

(S9er beat me to it)

[QUOTE=VA49er;427577]No need to blame the victim.

I can’t even begin to understand what something like this does to the psyche of a child. Maybe her abductor threatened to kill her parents, etc. Who knows?[/QUOTE]

Not trying to blame her… but it did mention that he brought her and the kids to UC Berkeley… a large campus full of people would seem to be an excellent time to make a run for it.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;427614]Not trying to blame her… but it did mention that he brought her and the kids to UC Berkeley… a large campus full of people would seem to be an excellent time to make a run for it.[/QUOTE]

To you and me, yes, but to someone that has undergone that kinda of trauma, I have no idea.

Not trying to blame her... but it did mention that he brought her and the kids to UC Berkeley... a large campus full of people would seem to be an excellent time to make a run for it.

And leave her kids with him alone? doubtful. In the story I read the kids actually saw him as their father so they might not have ran from him.