Go to Newsweek.com...

[quote=“Lew, post:7, topic:23439”]facepalm

up up down down left right left right b a start (or enter, in this case)[/quote]

Really? A facepalm for not knowing a video game code from 1989? Come on man, you gotta save the facepalms for the really crazy shit that gets said on here. A facepalm is nothing to take lightly or waste!

[quote=“Chisox17, post:21, topic:23439”][quote=“Lew, post:7, topic:23439”]facepalm

up up down down left right left right b a start (or enter, in this case)[/quote]

Really? A facepalm for not knowing a video game code from 1989? Come on man, you gotta save the facepalms for the really crazy s*** that gets said on here. A facepalm is nothing to take lightly or waste![/quote]

I hardly ever agree with Lew, but I am with him on this one.

The Konami code to a kid was like Our Father to a priest.

B, A, B, A gotta flip it around

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a start worked on Contra. Contra, LifeForce, Kid Icarus (I think), man I forget the rest…

Kid Icarus is a Nintendo game, not a Konami game.

I beat Life Force using the secret code.

On a side note. Imagine how gross Life Force would be with the advanced graphics of the current gaming systems.

This.

Yeah, that code was ingrained in my head as a child. So has the level select code from the second Ninja Turtles Arcade Games. B, A, B, A, UP, DOWN, B, A, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

Where did you guys find codes back then? I had regular nintendo and I never knew of any codes.

Word of mouth.

Nintendo Power magazines.

Code books too.

Word of mouth.

Nintendo Power magazines.[/quote]

Nintendo Power rocked.

Having a gameshark was fun too, especially with Goldeneye.

I thought I was the only one dumb enough to play Kid Icarus more than once.

Word of mouth.

Nintendo Power magazines.[/quote]

Nintendo Power rocked.

Having a gameshark was fun too, especially with Goldeneye.[/quote]

Game Genie > Gameshark.

Wasn’t Game Genie the company that made the Gameshark for Nintendo 64?

I didn’t need cheat codes, or B or A or direction buttons. Those damn Invaders died because I was good.

I didn’t use codes too much back in the day, but I do still remember how to get the whistles to get to the last world in Mario 3.

Yep, my bad. I knew there were cheat codes for it but couldn’t remember who released it or if it used the konami code (there were a couple non-konami games that used it too but very few).

BTW, Nintendo Power FTW!!!

Zombies ate my neighbors was the shit!