God Help Us All

Starting next week, my life is a living hell for two weeks:

Styrofoam coolers, the #3 and #8 plastered all over, RV’s, painted buses, traffic, thousands of pairs of British Knight shoes, jean shorts, rat-tails, and my all-time favorite “THE CHECKERED FLAG BIKINI”.

Charlotte is about to be attacked by the Nascar circuit. God help this city.

Come on guy lighten up.

You have the All Star challenge which is absolutely amazing to see (It’s the anti-Nascar race) a series of sprints in which the guys go for the gusto.

You have speed street which brings free concerts from groups like Staind, Gin Blossoms, 10 years, etc.

We are also having the world movie premiere of Cars. This might be the first time a major motion picture ever premiered here in Charlotte.

Rednecks, styrofoam coolers, the #3 and #8 plastered all over, RV’s, painted buses, tickets paid for with mortage funds, traffic, thousands of pairs of British Knight shoes, jean shorts, brown teeth (if any at all), rat-tails, and my all-time favorite “THE CHECKERED FLAG BIKINI”.

whats different about that than any other day in Concord

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173468]Rednecks, styrofoam coolers…, tickets paid for with mortage funds…, jean shorts, brown teeth (if any at all)
[/QUOTE]

I thought for a minute that there was gonna be some kind of tarhole fan convention or something.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173468]Starting next week, my life is a living hell for two weeks:

Rednecks, styrofoam coolers, the #3 and #8 plastered all over, RV’s, painted buses, tickets paid for with mortage funds, traffic, thousands of pairs of British Knight shoes, jean shorts, brown teeth (if any at all), rat-tails, and my all-time favorite “THE CHECKERED FLAG BIKINI”.

Charlotte is about to be attacked by the Nascar circuit. God help this city.[/QUOTE]

bite me Whit!
Have my 8 tix to the All Star Race.
20 yrs ago, your description would be accurate. I think the last market survey I read- said the avergage per capita household income of a NASCAR fan was over $70,000.
besides, someone else has to keep the local strip clubs in busisness besides your funds.

Gotta agree with metro. Their cash is as green as yours and mine, and a small price to pay. We say the same thing in High Point when the furniture market comes to town and now Las Vegas is attempting to steal it away.

We’ve got our tickets as well. Can’t say I watch many of the races throughout the season, but it’s a fun family/friends-event.

Nascar is great for the Economy in Charlotte. just avoid Concord for that week no big deal or plan to leave half an hour sooner than your normally would. Nascar Races are fun to attend

I have my tickets for the both weekends. Wouldngt have it any other way. what you must not know is NASCAR fans are some of the nicest people in the world, no matter who you pull for or who they pull for, they are always willing to help. And plus where else can you have a party with 200,000 other people and not worry about cops. You dont like it, leave town for 2 weeks. But since 100 million people watch NASCAR now, I’d say by your description, that’s a lot od rednecks.

No other way to follow up being at the Daaytona 500 by going to both weekends in Charlotte

I thought for a minute that there was gonna be some kind of tarhole fan convention or something.

You mean the preseason NIT next year?

You forgot about having to see these on every car in the parking lot

[QUOTE=CharlottesWeb;173503]You forgot about having to see these on every car in the parking lot

[/QUOTE]

A lot of those have probably been scraped off…

Or they are still support Bush thanks to that HUGE $200 tax cut he just got them, of course that is only 4 tanks of gas…

You might be a Nascar fan if you use a rock for cruise control.

A man walks into a bar with his dog. A Winston Cup race is on a TV. He sits down and asks how Dale Jarrett is doing. The bartender says “Jarretts in 25th”. The dog jumps up, and runs around
the barstool 25 times. A couple of laps later, the bartender says “Dale is up to 10th”. The dog jumps up again and runs around the barstool 10 times. A few laps later, the bartender says “Up to third”,
after which the dog again jumps up and runs around the barstool 3 times The bartender says “WOW!! That dog is amazing!! What does he do if Jarrett wins?”

“I don’t know”, says the man, "I’ve only had him a year and a half.

if you said this rant about the CIAA tournment among other things that comes to Charlotte, you’d be labeled a “racicst” “closed-minded” “anti-diversity”…is this a double standard? acceptable bigotry?..something to think about

bite me Whit! I think the last market survey I read- said the avergage per capita household income of a NASCAR fan was over $70,000.

Show me the evidence.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173468]God help this city.[/QUOTE]

This area has FAR GREATER problems than NASCAR coming to town.

I saw a Memphis Tigers t-shirt at the University City YMCA today.

[QUOTE=ninerID;173471]whats different about that than any other day in Concord[/QUOTE]

LOL

I have my tickets as well. I go for the wrecks and the beer.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;173468]Starting next week, my life is a living hell for two weeks:

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a Tim “Metro” Collie family reunion.

whats different about that than any other day in Concord

HEY! Concord is a good city/town. Thats where I’m from and I’m not some damn hick! The number of hicks in Concord is slim.

You Charlotte people don’t have crap to worry about. The track is in my town. They just gave yall the name for god knows what reason. For the week that they are there, everything is packed. You can’t get to the mall. You can’t drive anywhere near the track. When I was in HS, getting there during race week was awful. You can see the track from my school. My gf lives in Harrisburg and she is actually closer to it than me. Any time I try to go to her house, its a bitch. But atleast the track is in Concord so I’m sure we get most of the money out of this whole thing so I’m fine with it.

Let’s go Jr.!!!