Going to be a long, long season if

we don’t find some way to make our free throws.

What is up with that?

We have the potential to be a very special team, but not like this.

Completely agree.
I’d like to see some historical stats, what’s the worst FT% a Sweet 16 (or beyond) team has had.
Just disappointing, we should really be 5-0.

Typical 49ers. Oh well.
Time to go kill some people in GTA:San Andreas. Good venting game. :wink:

Im that pissed of that i wanna kill someone

We shot %61 (23-38) from the Line. Time and Time again.
Lutz should keep them locked in the gym till they all hot 90 from 100 free throws

Pathetic

Tough game tonight. However we gotta find some way to get past this.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Dec 4 2004, 11:10 PM [b] Tough game tonight. However we gotta find some way to get past this. [/b]
We just can't ever seem to take that next step and we come SO close. We played really well tonight but someone had to lose. Just a shame that we did so many things to help them get the "W."

What frustrates me is that a team like us doesn’t get many chances to play/beat a ranked out-of-conference team. So when we do get that opportunity, it’s so important that we win and send a message. We’re likely not going to see another ranked team until we get into conference play so it would have been really nice to pad our resume with a win tonight.

We better be ready on Wednesday because in my opinion, we cannot afford to have another loss on our record before the Indiana game.

Yep… this was a huge game for us. We need to win the rest of our ooc games and play very well on conference to avoid the 8/9 game again.

It’s looking like another “what could have been year.” If we didn’t completley suck at FTs we would be undefeated and most likely ranked.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Dec 4 2004, 11:22 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Dec 4 2004, 11:22 PM)
[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 08:22 AM [b] jcl, How well did we play? We were up 13 early, let them get back in it, then we couldn't hit a FT to save our lives. Lutz had the wrong guys in the game down the stretch (I vote to bench Plavich permanently because he's the most undisciplined player in the history of the game, but Lutz loves him and won't do anything about it) and we didn't get the ball to our best player for the last 5 mins of reg and the entire 3 OTs.

On the positive side, I like Drayton and I thought Nance should have gotten more PT. Goldwire too. It will be another what-if season and we are back where we always are looking squarely at the 8-9 game…

We’ll never turn the corner and get to the next level with Lutz coaching the way he is. [/b]

I agree but in terms of keeping pace with a ranked team, I do feel as though we showed up tonight. We went toe-to-toe with a VERY strong SEC team and had them on the ropes. Believe me, I’m not happy with the outcome nor the countless mistakes we made in the game. But I guess my point is that if we played with that kind of intensity every single game, then we’d find ourselves in a much better position come March. We need to “get up” for every game and not just the high-profile ones.

But yes, we were terrible in many other ways as good as we were with our heart and hustle. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 10:00 AM [b] We need to "get up" for every game and not just the high-profile ones. [/b]
We [i]always[/i] seem to have trouble with that. Most of the time we still end up winning the games against the lesser opponents, but they are usually closer than they should be and of course we always end up losing 2 or 3 of those each year.

The Davidson game really worries me now after an emotional triple overtime loss like that.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 12:10 PM [b] The Davidson game really worries me now after an emotional triple overtime loss like that. [/b]
Davidson game just became even bigger. Davidson isn't a walk over and this is a huge game for them. A loss to Davidson would be extremely devestating and show shades of the 2002-2003 season.

Contrary to what others are saying, I think we will punk Davidson by 20.

Can we just go ahead and label Davidson as a “must win” game? After losing to Rutgers and Bama, it is one in my book because we can’t afford to drop anymore out-of-conference games. The only one I can even bring myself to stomach is possibly losing to Indiana but we should beat them as well. A loss Wednesday will be a major blow to this team.

Thank God I finally got around to buying Half Life 2 today. Desperately need to escape the misery of last night.

Davidson, Indiana, and Santa Clara will all be tough. I will be happy if we can go 6-1 for the remainder of our non-conference schedule. We can run the table, but it will be tough to beat all 3 of those teams on their home floors. 9-3 going into conference play won’t be too shabby.