Going to the A10

With the move to the A10, I wonder if we have a better change of going to the Pre Season NIT, Great Alaska Shootout, Maui Classic, or Rainbow Classic?

I assume the league plays a part in who goes where.

Nice topic. I’ve have been wondering the same thing.

One thing is for sure. Our chances will be no worse.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:09 PM [b] Nice topic. I've have been wondering the same thing.

One thing is for sure. Our chances will be no worse. [/b]

I just never got the feeling we were considered a premier team by CUSA, despite being the second best team since the league formed.

Hopefully the A10 looks at us as a huge get and pushes for our inclusion in these type events.

We’ve never had a definitive answer, but one concern is with the willingness of the A10 to throw a new team that big of a bone.

The best bet for us going early would be to carry the flag for the league (e.g. we’re the best team). If a few breaks go our way, that may be the case next season.

On the subject of the A10, have they announced which division we are in? How does the scheduling work? Do we go home and away with our division and alternate each year with the others like CUSA?

Bojangles, the A-10 is going to a single division next year. Our mirror games will be Dayton, GW, and Richmond (at least for the first 2 seasons).

Thanks run. Looks like I will be planning a trip to DC for next season.

Good Job against Depaul, keep it going…always nice to see an A10 team beat a Big East team even if it is 1 season early :smiley:

I HATE that the A-10 tourney will be in sincy next year and one after. I have been there twice and I won’t be going again. It’s a nice enough visit, but you can only eat so much chili, icecream and ribs. Ironically, we chose not to go Memphis this year even though we’ve never been there except on I-40. DUH! :mellow:

[i]Originally posted by UMass13[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 01:35 PM [b] Good Job against Depaul, keep it going....always nice to see an A10 team beat a Big East team even if it is 1 season early :D [/b]
Good job against Florida State! An ACC defeat is always awesome!