Goldwire, Dewhurst A-10 POTWs for 1/13/07!!!

Goldwire shares POTW with UD’s Roberts and Dewhurst is ROTW! Way to go!!! :clap:

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Leemire Goldwire - Charlotte
Senior, Guard, 5-11, 190 lbs.
Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Dwyer HS

Goldwire averaged 21 points and 6.5 rebounds while shooting 50 percent (7-of-14) from three-point range in leading Charlotte to a pair of wins…registered his first career double-double on Jan. 9 with 21 points and 10 rebounds as the 49ers downed #19/#18 Clemson, 82-72…scored Charlotte’s final 11 points, including the game-winning free throws with 13.5 seconds remaining as part of a 21-point effort in the 49ers’ 60-58 win over Temple on Jan. 12…earns his second A-10 Player of the Week honor of the season.

Brian Roberts - Dayton
Senior, Guard, 6-2, 185 lbs.
Toledo, Ohio/St. John’s HS
Roberts averaged 26.5 points and five assists while shooting 15-of-28 from the field in a pair of victories for the Flyers…scored 30 points and added three assists on Jan. 12 as Dayton earned a 68-57 (OT) win at Saint Louis…scored 23 points on 7-of-11 shooting and dished out seven assists in the Flyers’ 92-83 win over Rhode Island…knocked down six field goals from beyond the arc and shot 17-of-19 from the line in the two games…earns his second A-10 Player of the Week award of the season.

ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Charles Dewhurst - Charlotte
Freshman, Guard/Forward, 6-5, 185 lbs.
Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Latin HS

Dewhurst averaged 11 points and 8.5 rebounds in a pair of victories for the 49ers…recorded his second double-double of the year on Jan. 12 with 11 points and 10 boards as Charlotte edged Temple, 60-58…had 12 points and seven rebounds in the 49ers’ 82-72 win over #19/#18 Clemson on Jan. 9…dished out seven assists in the two contests.

Atlantic10.com: A-10 Notebook - Jan. 13

Great for Lee and Dew. Dew’s Confidence is rolling. I like how he will get blocked driving and drive again the next time. And Lee, he hit those 2 crazy threes that held us on for the win versus Temple.

Lee’s playing like first-teamer. Charles is really playing well. Congrats to both!!!

I see #31 on the rafter for the 30’s series and another cool bobblehead for the collection.

TWO WORDS:

[SIZE=5][COLOR=darkgreen]CHUCK DEWBERRY[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Great choices.

Goldwire was[B][I] outstanding[/I][/B] against Clemson and was clutch vs. Temple.

And we have the good fortune to have two awesome small fowards with a rookie-of-the-week award. The tally so far is:

Dewberry: 1
Wildberry: 1

Now all we need is a Dingle-berry

[QUOTE=DrJ708;283851]Now all we need is a Dingle-berry[/QUOTE]

or one of each

http://bumpshack.com/2008/01/03/west-virginia-footballs-deadly-dingleberry-duo/

Two well deserving guys. They have played great over the past week! I hope Dewhurst continues to emerge as an offensive threat.

An’Juan better step it up, or Dewingleberry is going to start stealing more and more of his PT

An'Juan better step it up, of Dewingleberry is going to start stealing more and more of his PT
QFT

I’ve been rather dissapointed with Wild lately. He hasn’t had the intensity that he showed early on.

DEW!