Grant Williams - 2016 PF offer - committed to Tennessee

that is good news. this kid is definitely no dummy that’s for sure.

Nice to see us listed with all those academic powerhouses. Clearly academics matter to him. We must have a program that he is particularly interested in. I’m proud of where we are academically, but most of those schools are a clear notch above us in notoriety.

Having a coach that also valued academics and is no dummy himself probably is a big factor in us being on that list as well.

Grant is a skilled, undersized 4-man. I think he’d be a terrific get for us and would do very well CUSA.

Any idea what his intended major? Fingers crossed for Engineering.

Kid needs to go to Ivy League if he can, just my opinion

[quote=“moss2k, post:20, topic:28510”]We made his top 10, however he’s still open to new schools entering the picture:

[/quote]
I don’t see Chapel Hill on that list. I suppose when they saw that he could alphabetize they knew he was not a good fit.

Mom works for nasa I think. Smart kid.

2 officials set up so far, Tenn 9/12 and Yale 9/4.

The staff will be dropping by to watch Williams work out today at Providence HS.

watching his highlight video, his game reminds me of spears.

[quote=“Nugget, post:26, topic:28510”][quote=“moss2k, post:20, topic:28510”]We made his top 10, however he’s still open to new schools entering the picture:

[/quote]
I don’t see Chapel Hill on that list. I suppose when they saw that he could alphabetize they knew he was not a good fit.[/quote]

Bringing the grade curve up would be a disaster to the Heels.

[quote=“gamer, post:31, topic:28510”][quote=“Nugget, post:26, topic:28510”][quote=“moss2k, post:20, topic:28510”]We made his top 10, however he’s still open to new schools entering the picture:

[/quote]
I don’t see Chapel Hill on that list. I suppose when they saw that he could alphabetize they knew he was not a good fit.[/quote]

Bringing the grade curve up would be a disaster to the Heels.[/quote]

I thought the chapel hill athletes were making mostly A’s with a few B’s in those fake and no-show classes.

looks like he released his final six and we are not in it. i wonder what this means for fulkerson and ndiaye?

Announcing his college decision Friday morning at 9:40 at Providence Day assembly and signing his NLI after they play Oak Hill.

EDIT: Looking back a couple weeks through his Twitter feed and he looks like he’s leaning toward TN.

clt asks why are all of our recruits going to ut?

Would be shocked if UT recruits two PF in same class.

Committed to Tennessee today.

I’m more shocked they both wanted to go there, someone will be on the bench.

I’m more shocked they both wanted to go there, someone will be on the bench.[/quote]

Looks like we’ll just have to wait until one transfers. That is, if we still need one of them then.

Niners mentioned in this piece.