GREAT 2ND HALF

[QUOTE=ninerID;281124]
When you are down 3 with under a minute, why is a forced 3 better than looking for a decent 2?
[/QUOTE]

We had 3 straight possessions where we shot a contested (bad) three - while we were down 3. If we go for 2 on two of those, maybe we donā€™t have to shoot a three the next time down.
We played good D in the 2nd half, just could not get it done on the offense end (so many rushed dribbles and TOs). Our guys really played hard, just too many bad decisions and mistakes.
If we had played better, we win that game going away.

I didnā€™t, but I heard his friends talking about it and laughing. They thought it was hilarious, which is kind of mean since he was with them. But it was pretty hilarious, so I canā€™t blame them.

We were lucky to even make it a game. Poor coaching and poor play in the first, combined with too many missed free throws just isnā€™t going to win you many games. Didnā€™t help that Lee had an off game. A shame it took us 25 minutes to actually show up because weā€™re a better team, IMO. Still a great effort to come back from 20 down and have a chance to win the game.

Same old Lutz style, jack up threes when are we going to get rid of him and move on?

If Lutz doesnā€™t get an extension I wold bet that he wold make a killing holding 'In Bounds Play" clinics and selling videos since we have some of the most effective in bounds plays. Nothing like throwing it across half court with 10 seconds on the shot clock to set up a piss poor offense.

[QUOTE=ninersfan99;281116]Goldwire was the difference in this game. Itā€™s a shame coach didnā€™t switch up to Ian at the end of the game. I know he was trying to get Lee involved, but he was just horrible the entire game.

If you remember we started the run in the 2nd with LEE on the BENCH![/QUOTE]

We started the run with Harris, Deherst, Anderson, Gabby and ?Mack/Coley?

Bobby took them out and the run ended.

If we had that kind of intensity all the time, weā€™d be real good. Big props to those 5 guys.

Tintin

[QUOTE=cibik02;281146]Did anybody else see the drunk frat kid that security led him out of the arena. It was to my left and I was in section 116. He was sitting on the steps with his head down in his hands between his legsā€¦ FUNNY!!! He probably wasnā€™t even 21. What a way to give yourself away if you arenā€™t. And this was like with 6 minutes to go in the game.[/QUOTE]

Happened about 8 rows in front of me.

I remember my first beer too, kid.

Tintin

Just got back from the game. My husband and I took his father to his first College basketball game. The first part of the game was boring, but we all had a great time at the end. Iā€™m not really disappointed, because we came back from a 20 pt defecit and had a chance to win. Iā€™m proud of how we played even though we lost. We will be winning these close games next year.

We dug such a big hole down 50-30 before actually making it a game today. I thought our guard play really let us down today. Lee had a terrible game and we were stagnant with Gerrity running the point. My oldest son enjoyed the 2nd half run and we did make it interesting at the end. Lee did have a 3 that made it halfway in and rattled out that would have been a big shot to tie the game but we really liked the effort and hustle that our guys made because we could have easily folded in the second half the way G-Webb did against us when we beat them by 32.

[QUOTE=dk49er;281162]Same old Lutz style, jack up threes when are we going to get rid of him and move on?[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Tons of dumb shots. What I saw, especially in the first half is that Maryland had our 3 point plays well scouted and we could not get a good look from 3. They defended the 3 point line very well. Lutz is a joke!

[QUOTE=ninerteach;281164]If Lutz doesnā€™t get an extension I wold bet that he wold make a killing holding 'In Bounds Play" clinics and selling videos since we have some of the most effective in bounds plays. Nothing like throwing it across half court with 10 seconds on the shot clock to set up a piss poor offense.[/QUOTE]

Wow you noticed this too. We never try to score on our inbounds plays. It was amazing. I bet it happened 3 or 4 times where we threw it deep in the backcourt with only 10 secs left on the shot clock.

Wow you noticed this too. We never try to score on our inbounds plays. It was amazing. I bet it happened 3 or 4 times where we threw it deep in the backcourt with only 10 secs left on the shot clock.

You guys canā€™t be noticing this just now. Iā€™ve been saying this for as long as Iā€™ve been watching Lutz and Co. If I ever see a Lutz team run a play to score off of an inbounds pass, I think Iā€™ll have a heart attack.

Also. Who the hell let a girl sit in the STUDENT SECTION with a Maryland hoodie on. I know she was probably a Charlotte student who is a ā€œMaryland fan,ā€ but it looked like she was with her bf. Please, students please, do not allow this anymore. Heckle the **** out of her until she; 1. takes the sweatshirt off, 2. leaves. When I was a student, I forget which game it was, but we had something like that happen. We made this guy feel like an ass until him and his friend, who was a Charlotte student who got him the ticket left the section. There should NEVER be another teamā€™s colors in our CHARLOTTE STUDENT SECTION. Those people are taking tickets away from CHARLOTTE STUDENTS who should be the only ones sitting in the CHARLOTTE STUDENT SECTION!!

We were lucky to even make it a game. Poor coaching and poor play in the first, combined with too many missed free throws just isn't going to win you many games. Didn't help that Lee had an off game. A shame it took us 25 minutes to actually show up because we're a better team, IMO. Still a great effort to come back from 20 down and have a chance to win the game.

LOL, our FTs are embarrassing. Lutz teams are alway brutal at it. Maryland hit theirs down the stretch and we did not as usual. Our guys are completely confused on offense.

I want to rant a step further but Iā€™m gonna bite my tongue for 24 hrs.

LOL, our FTs are embarrassing. Lutz teams are alway brutal at it. Maryland hit theirs down the stretch and we did not as usual.
both teams shot 29 of them, we made 22, they made 20. They also missed I think 2 front ends of one in ones in the second half. we shot 76%, which is what I would take every night, FT's didn't kill us.
Our guys are completely confused on offense.
won't argue that.

I hopefully this brings out your rant, you shouldnā€™t go to bed angry.

both teams shot 29 of them, we made 22, they made 20. They also missed I think 2 front ends of one in ones in the second half. we shot 76%, which is what I would take every night, FT's didn't kill us.

wonā€™t argue that.

I hopefully this brings out your rant, you shouldnā€™t go to bed angry.

FT in the final minutes killed us, you can recite the stats all you want. When the pressure was on we missed them the final 2 mins and Maryland did not.

I'm not really disappointed, because we came back from a 20 pt defecit and had a chance to win. I'm proud of how we played even though we lost. We will be winning these close games next year.

screw that

Maryland sucks, we just suck more. That was an abortion of a game and nauseous to watch at both ends.

FT in the final minutes killed us, you can recite the stats all you want. When the pressure was on we missed them the final 2 mins and Maryland did not.

its hard to argue 22 of 29 though, especially when we went 22 of 62 on [SIZE=4]non-[/SIZE]free throws

[QUOTE=Submarley734;281188]You guys canā€™t be noticing this just now. Iā€™ve been saying this for as long as Iā€™ve been watching Lutz and Co. If I ever see a Lutz team run a play to score off of an inbounds pass, I think Iā€™ll have a heart attack.
[/QUOTE]

Curtis Wither dunk in the Indiana game. Same play was used for EJ as wellā€¦
However, I somehow agree with you, we donā€™t seem to get many of points off inbound pass.

Also, in my opinion, last shot doesnā€™t always have to go to Lee. We have so many people that can shoot 3 with good percentage. Mack, Ian and Harris.
I know Lee is the go to guy, but if we ALWAYS use Lee for the last 3 pointer, it is really not that hard for other coaches to figure us out.

We could have use Lee as bait to draw defenders and let others take the 3 ball.

Open 3 from Mack, Ian and Harris > Contest shot from Lee at the end game.

[QUOTE=metro;281202]screw that[/QUOTE] Screw what??? Winning close games next year? Or something else?

Screw what??? Winning close games next year? Or something else?

screw the moral victory shiit of we came close today and fought hard. Maryland sucks and they beat us.
btw, I spoke to HP today and tried to find you too