Great Article in Cinci Paper

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100324/COL03/303240108

I thought this article was well-written and pretty cool. For anyone interested in what it takes to hit the Ali Faroukmanesh shot…

Probably not a wise shot, but the team had starting playing not to lose- it was probably the only way they were going to hang on.

I would want my guy to take it, if I had confindence in him.

If it’s Jobey, jack it up, not so sure about many others we’ve had. Diego, maybe Lee, Demon, Plav. This year, I hope we hit FTs…

Not exactly the same since it was later in the shot clock, but Goldwire sort of did this against Umass in the conference tournament two years ago. He started acting like he was going to drive to the basket, then pulls up and hits a 3 with ~ 10 sec still on the shot clock and Charlotte up 1 pt at that point (think there were about 20 sec left total). I bet you Goldwire would’ve shot that shot just like the N. Iowa guy did too.

I would’ve taken that shot and airballed it.

Faroukmanesh is a cold-blooded killer…

…and with that one shot became one of my all-time favorite tournament players.

The only question is, how does Ali put his basketball shorts on over those watermelon sized cojones?

You would have also airballed Tyus Endy’s game winning layup.

I would have drained it.

[quote=“Lew, post:5, topic:22882”]Faroukmanesh is a cold-blooded killer…

…and with that one shot became one of my all-time favorite tournament players.[/quote]

I’ll probably get ripped for this but Curry is one of my all-time favs. The run he had was just fun as hell to watch.

[quote=“hootie, post:9, topic:22882”][quote=“Lew, post:5, topic:22882”]Faroukmanesh is a cold-blooded killer…

…and with that one shot became one of my all-time favorite tournament players.[/quote]

I’ll probably get ripped for this but Curry is one of my all-time favs. The run he had was just fun as hell to watch.[/quote]

He is still fun to watch. He had 30 points 11 assists last night on 12-19 shooting.

[quote=“hootie, post:9, topic:22882”][quote=“Lew, post:5, topic:22882”]Faroukmanesh is a cold-blooded killer…

I’ll probably get ripped for this but Curry is one of my all-time favs. The run he had was just fun as hell to watch.[/quote]

The farther I get away from it time wise, the more I have come to really respect his play through that tourney and enjoy watching him play today. Hard to look past the Davidson jersey, but he’s a talented player.

It helps that the only time he really lit us up, he still lost. He didn’t need to do much in 06-07, we were just plain terrible.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:10, topic:22882”][quote=“hootie, post:9, topic:22882”][quote=“Lew, post:5, topic:22882”]Faroukmanesh is a cold-blooded killer…

He is still fun to watch. He had 30 points 11 assists last night on 12-19 shooting.[/quote]

Yeah, the kids’ shot is so good, when it doesn’t go in it looks like it should. Love watching him play. Would have been great for the Bobcats. I would drive and pay to see a guy like that.

On of my all time favorite moments…

Niners beat Umass (live from Picassos)

I saw the headling, & thought, “People in Cincy can write.” :o