Great win against UMASS

[QUOTE=Chisox17;378688]Clutch shots, good D, good win.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up.

When you haven’t won since 2008, the team deserves some credit.

Don’t care for some of the shot selection, but they did go down this time. The D was better than I’ve seen in a while, regardless of the opponents record. Hope they can build something off of this game.

would not call it great, but considering where the season has been, I think “good win” works well.

Sometime I think you'd rather stick your junk in a jar of razorblades than say anything positive about this team/program...

Way to go Niners. Clutch shots, good D, good win.:49ers:

God, how I would love to say something positive about this team/program. Just tell me what that might be.

I yearn for a packed Halton, louder than hell as we beat up on a top ten team. I yearn for a go to player we can count on night in and night for that key bucket. I yearn for rivalries that get my blood pumped just thinking about them. I yearn for a year where every game means something because we are battling for the conference title. I yearn to watch the NCAA selection show to see what seed we will be in the tourney. I yearn for a reason to be a season ticket holder again and happily making that drive down from Hickory. I yearn for the 49er basketball I knew when I attended Charlotte. I yearn for the day when we beat 7-9 teams by 20. I yearn for the day when we again have fans that demand we have a good team.

Don’t get me wrong Chisox, I am not a 49er hater. But if you think this was a great win and that this program is headed in a positive direction, I feel I may be yearning for years to come.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;378675]gotta love this quote by a umass poster
would say more of Gibbs and less of Lowe at this point. His stinker games continue to far outnumber the good ones this year. His play at the end of regulation defies description. He was totally outplayed by a no-name, 5-8 point guard from Charlotte. Horrendous.

no name point guard? what are these guys talking about? i love harris and wish we were good for no other reason than because this kid deserves it. he is a warrior.[/QUOTE]

All I can say to the minute men is . . .Flash back boys. They got their revenge tonight for sure.:tongue:

[QUOTE=TRLeader;378691]

I didn’t go…again. And I’m glad I didn’t. [/QUOTE]

Congrats!!

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;378702]God, how I would love to say something positive about this team/program. Just tell me what that might be.

I yearn for a packed Halton, louder than hell as we beat up on a top ten team. I yearn for a go to player we can count on night in and night for that key bucket. I yearn for rivalries that get my blood pumped just thinking about them. I yearn for a year where every game means something because we are battling for the conference title. I yearn to watch the NCAA selection show to see what seed we will be in the tourney. I yearn for a reason to be a season ticket holder again and happily making that drive down from Hickory. I yearn for the 49er basketball I knew when I attended Charlotte. I yearn for the day when we beat 7-9 teams by 20. I yearn for the day when we again have fans that demand we have a good team.

Don’t get me wrong Chisox, I am not a 49er hater. But if you think this was a great win and that this program is headed in a positive direction, I feel I may be yearning for years to come.[/QUOTE]

I too yearn for the day I win the lottery and donate half of it to the Charlotte 49ers Athletic Foundation. You’re sure as heck sound like a fairweather tarhole fan at best. This is when the team meed the support. How 'bout stay the heck in hickory and party with the toothless walmart tarhole. Now there’s a team you can “support”.:tongue:

........today's CO web site where headline: "Today's Games: Carolinas Teams in Action" had UNCC v UMASS missing................
Same ****, different year. I'll admit, I'm surprised they pulled that stunt this year though.

Here’s the normal MO: Niners have a home game someone in Charlotte may be interested in (UMASS is a well known team)… and the Observer doesn’t mention it in the same breath of teams that may be televised that day. Persinger himself admitted years ago he will make sure he does not publicize our team… yet he doesn’t mind spreading the word about the other teams around town.

And putting an article on the web does not count.

hittin them ft’s at the end of the game was the key to this victory…i like it and wanna see more of it

Now… about the game. Good, gutsy win by the team. They stuck together and refused to lose this one.

19-11 will not be too bad.

Sounds to me like you yearn for 1997-2001 where we made the NCAA’s 4 times and won our first round game each time.

The fact is we’ve been getting worse ever since…and it’s been going on 8 years since we’ve really been relevant in the college basketball world.

8 years!!

There’s a different between thinking this was a great win and thinking the program is headed in the right direction. Half the arguments on this board come from not understanding this distinction.

19-11 will not be too bad.

Now THAT would be a turnaround.
-I’m with you on it and hoping for it though. :shades:

YAY! Now let’s go get another.

I too yearn for the day I win the lottery and donate half of it to the Charlotte 49ers Athletic Foundation. You're sure as heck sound like a fairweather tarhole fan at best. This is when the team meed the support. How 'bout stay the heck in hickory and party with the toothless walmart tarhole. Now there's a team you can "support".:tongue:

It’s apparent we see this program differently. However, I do proudly support the 49er’s. Always have and always will. I am sorry you feel the need to resort to name calling and making childish “dick” and redneck jokes. It does however provide insight into our current fan base and the current condition of our program.

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;378718]It’s apparent we see this program differently. However, I do proudly support the 49er’s. Always have and always will. I am sorry you feel the need to resort to name calling and making childish “dick” and redneck jokes. It does however provide insight into our current fan base and the current condition of our program.[/QUOTE]

Talk is cheap any fool can sit at home and post. Until you show up at the game, don’t start preaching to me about how things should be.:tongue:

It's apparent we see this program differently. However, I do proudly support the 49er's. Always have and always will. I am sorry you feel the need to resort to name calling and making childish "dick" and redneck jokes. It does however provide insight into our current fan base and the current condition of our program.
PI, is that you?

solid job tonight. Made key runs at the end of both halves, and in OT. Would not have been as close if Gurley didn’t drain those 2 30 footers. Good jobs on the boards. Coley did an excelent job on Harris. Pretty sure most of his points were in transition and when CCIII wasn’t on him.

Kudos for Dijuan on shutting Lowe down.

There aren’t too many things better than a lost voice and a Niner win. I forgot what it felt like.

Talk is cheap any fool can sit at home and post. Until you show up at the game, don't start preaching to me about how things should be.:tongue:

And many a fool can attend games and post. You have made that apparent.

I see your way of “supporting”, too.:tongue:

Sounds to me like you yearn for 1997-2001 where we made the NCAA's 4 times and won our first round game each time.

The fact is we’ve been getting worse ever since…and it’s been going on 8 years since we’ve really been relevant in the college basketball world.

8 years!!

I attended from 94-97. Held season tickets until 2001. Did not miss a home game in those 7 years. Great years. I hope we get back soon.