Greek village

The last time I saw the new Greek Village it was still under construction. How did it turn out? Is the concept working?

Well, folks sleep there now, so I guess building them as dorms worked. As far as the concept, who knows.

Campus has been dicks to the tenants since everybody moved in, from what I hear.

The houses are very nice though… just security goes through there with a fine toothed comb every weekend from what I hear.

Did all of the guys with off campus houses move there?

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;384664]Did all of the guys with off campus houses move there?[/QUOTE]

No, I live across from Pike House. They are very much still there. The 2 other Frats on Mallard Creek Church Rd. are as well. As far as I can tell it doesn’t look like any group with a house has chosen to move on campus. Looks like most in the new Greek Village were houseless Frats.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;384666]No, I live across from Pike House. They are very much still there. The 2 other Frats on Mallard Creek Church Rd. are as well.[/QUOTE]

That’s not the “Pike House”. It’s a house owned by a few PKA’s and they party there, but they still have a house in Greek Village… Chi Phi and Sig Ep kept their off-campus houses, we sold ours to move on campus. I miss that house.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;384667][B]That’s not the “Pike House”. It’s a house owned by a few PKA’s and they party there[/B], but they still have a house in Greek Village… Chi Phi and Sig Ep kept their off-campus houses, we sold ours to move on campus. I miss that house.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t that deffinition qualify to make it the Pike House? I think 40 cars in the yard is also a strong qualifier every weekend!

What Frat used to be in that mansion across from Mary Alexander Rd.? The road is called Bonnie Cone Court I think.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;384668]Wouldn’t that deffinition qualify to make it the Pike House? I think 40 cars in the yard is also a strong qualifier every weekend!

What Frat used to be in that mansion across from Mary Alexander Rd.? The road is called Bonnie Cone Court I think.[/QUOTE]

Officially, their house is on campus. They just use that house for parties… it’s all syntax

That was Lambda Chi on Bonnie Cone Ct.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;384722]Officially, their house is on campus. They just use that house for parties… it’s all syntax

That was Lambda Chi on Bonnie Cone Ct.[/QUOTE]

That place is huge. I think its a group home now.

That place is huge. I think its a group home now.
I believe it's a battered women's shelter. I was trying to buy it at one point and that's what I was told.

[QUOTE=49or bust;384740]I believe it’s a battered women’s shelter. I was trying to buy it at one point and that’s what I was told.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, battered women’s shelter.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;384745]Yeah, battered women’s shelter.[/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony… :tongue:

Oh, the irony... :tongue:

Hey now… we dont need none of that :biggrin:… I’m also a lambda chi alumnus… but yeah one of our older guys rang the doorbell to our old house but they wouldnt let him in :lmao:

[QUOTE=NewYorkNiner;384781]Hey now… we dont need none of that :biggrin:… I’m also a lambda chi alumnus… but yeah one of our older guys rang the doorbell to our old house but they wouldnt let him in :lmao:[/QUOTE]

So what happened with the house? That had to be the best frat house I’ve seen in a while.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;384791]So what happened with the house? That had to be the best frat house I’ve seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

For some reason we thought moving on campus would be a good idea…

[QUOTE=thelew1014;384793]For some reason we thought moving on campus would be a good idea…[/QUOTE]

Hummmmm…Mansion or Dorm?

Freedom or Security Patrols?

So it wasn’t a money thing?

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;384796]Hummmmm…Mansion or Dorm?

Freedom or Security Patrols?

So it wasn’t a money thing?[/QUOTE]

I paid $250/month to live in that house. It’s close to $500 on campus.

It wasn’t money. I believe it was actually based on visibility and recruitment.