greeks and bball the truth

"good guy" or not, when you get on national TV, you don't embarrass your fellow students and alumni by calling UNC "we" nor do you wear a Heels shirt.

this is not about hate… but common sense, pride, and self esteem

Fair enough.

he may be a nice guy, but he is also a dumbass. he should be mocked.
is stoning still allowed in some countries?

Maybe we should KILL him with kindness!!!

he may be a nice guy, but he is also a dumbass. he should be mocked.

This ^^^

In the first part of the video, I know that Carolina fan and he is actually really good guy.

Nice guys can be D-bags too… Douchebaggery does not discriminate.

Can we burn greek village down yet?

ummm…wow at that video

anyone who defends these lads needs to read this definition:

[B]loy⋅al[/B]

[URL=http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/L04/L0404400][/URL] /ˈlɔɪəl/ [URL=http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html][/URL] Show Spelled Pronunciation [loi-uhl] [URL=http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html][/URL] Show IPA –adjective 1. faithful to one’s sovereign, government, or state: a loyal subject. 2. faithful to one’s oath, commitments, or obligations: to be loyal to a vow. 3. faithful to any leader, party, or cause, or to any person or thing conceived as deserving fidelity: a loyal friend. 4. characterized by or showing faithfulness to commitments, vows, allegiance, obligations, etc.: loyal conduct.

anyone who defends these lads needs to read this definition:

loy⋅al

/ˈlɔɪəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [loi-uhl] Show IPA –adjective 1. faithful to one’s sovereign, government, or state: a loyal subject. 2. faithful to one’s oath, commitments, or obligations: to be loyal to a vow. 3. faithful to any leader, party, or cause, or to any person or thing conceived as deserving fidelity: a loyal friend. 4. characterized by or showing faithfulness to commitments, vows, allegiance, obligations, etc.: loyal conduct.

Hitler agrees with you Metro!

I cant figure out the OP.

I think the best seats should go to the best fans. Thats whats happening now.

I cant figure out the OP.

I think the best seats should go to the best fans. Thats whats happening now.

Absolutely. I have only missed 2 games in my 2 years at Charlotte, for good reasons both times (I promise.) I love getting door 1 and sitting right behind the team. Bobby is fun to watch when he gets mad. The greeks don’t even use the section they have now, if I had my way, that’d be general student seating too.

[QUOTE=metro;413378]“good guy” or not, when you get on national TV, you don’t embarrass your fellow students and alumni by calling UNC “we” nor do you wear a Heels shirt.

this is not about hate… but common sense, pride, and self esteem[/QUOTE]

These “attention whores” did get on national TV, an exclusive interview without sending someone to stay in line for tickets, nor "dressing up"and walk to the game. They also get to talk about “their” holes without all the hard work. . . .This is just another dream came true for the “douchebag mafia”. Go greek!:tongue:

Hitler agrees with you Metro!

I am pretty sure its universal that “loyalty” is a positive trait in humans.

I am also 100% certain that “loyalty” should be reserved for the institution YOU attend or attended.

I have no issue with a Charlotte student being a Carolina fan, I can sympathize that you grew up on it etc, but damnit once you attend Charlotte, you put UNCCH second.

This is not a complex theory.

Croakie…You have it all wrong. I was also a greek during those same years. The reason the greeks lost their seats is b/c they would request 30 seats and would only fill 15 of them. Coach Lutz hated walking into the arena and having those seats empty (espically at the start of the game). I was part of the IFC meetings when Dan Devos came in and gave the greeks an ultimatum. Show up to the games on time and support or loose the seats. Nothing changed. The next year they changed how the greeks got thier tickets. If you didn’t show up to the gate 10 minutes before tip off, your ticket was given to the other students. That didn’t work either. The following year, the greeks lost their seats.

Thats the real reason the greek seats were moved!

[B][/B]

[FONT=Calibri]I will you exactly what happened. I am/was a delta sig during the changing of the guard. It used to be that gang green had there section to the left of the Greeks, we had our section behind the team and the Gdi’s/niner nation had there’s at half court. It wasn’t a big deal because the entire student body was represented. Well the university decided that they didn’t approve of this. They decided this since the big four didn’t have Greek seating so charlotte wasn’t going to either. So as you imagine this pissed off a lot of Greeks to the point of boycotting. So after some lack luster attendance they decided to give back Greek seating, but they didn’t give back our original seats. They gave some bul**** seats behind the goal where it is hard to see a lot of the actions especially if it isn’t on your side of the court.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]As far as the points go, it used to be we got points for going to every sport. This is before you GDI’s decided to show up to soccer, womens basketball, and volley ball. Even though the attendance is up amongst GDI’s it is still no where to where it used to be when Greek seating was active. I would say GDI attendance is up 30 percent and Greek attendance has dropped by 80 percent possibly more due to lack of incentive. Sorry but it is the truth.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]As far as fraternities wearing their letters to the game, I was never a fan. I always thought you should dress like you were going to an EVENT. I think the males should wear button up shirts, kakis, tie, sports jacket and the ladies should wear a dress. I hope to god this is the view point we take when it comes to football. Whether you like it or NOT this is the SOUTH and that is how things are done here. I also think you should dress like you are going to the Kentucky derby. Ya’ll should agree since you characterize yourself as classy. If your classy to the point where you can’t say YOU SUCK at the game then you should be to classy to [B]NOT[/B] wear a t-shirt to the game. Otherwise, then let YOU SUCK’s Roll.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]the school has ***-* on the greek system a lot. If you want I will explain how they have when it comes to housing and how that has also had an extreme negative effect on charlotte.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]there are numberous reasons for posting this. one to explain greek attendance and another to show something i am so ashamed to it is incredible. i think everyone on campus during regular semesters wearing outside(not charlotte) gear should be BOOO at since they can really be only charlotte students. here is the link to a video that made me furious and embarrassed. please commit on it and BOOO and make these people misserable on campus if you see them. BTW this isn’t how most of the GREEK SYSTEM IS SO PLEASE DON’T PUT US ALL IN THIS CATEGORY[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDFMe343by8[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]the saddest part is they put this on their recruiting page[/FONT]

Croakie...You have it all wrong. I was also a greek during those same years. The reason the greeks lost their seats is b/c they would request 30 seats and would only fill 15 of them. Coach Lutz hated walking into the arena and having those seats empty (espically at the start of the game). I was part of the IFC meetings when Dan Devos came in and gave the greeks an ultimatum. Show up to the games on time and support or loose the seats. Nothing changed. The next year they changed how the greeks got thier tickets. If you didn't show up to the gate 10 minutes before tip off, your ticket was given to the other students. That didn't work either. The following year, the greeks lost their seats.

Thats the real reason the greek seats were moved!

that’s like Chuck Norris kicking A** on his own Birthday!

I just read the tail end of the first post…so KA used this vid on their recruiting page? Or ESPNU has it on our recruiting page?

Regarding Croakie:

Did I really sound like that when I was a frat boy? Damn. (embarassed)

Regarding the video:

Even more embarassing and rightly deserving of being mocked.

I’m not as big of a hard ass as metro is on this issue, but anyone who roots for another school [I]over[/I] the one they attend is embarassing themselves. And using “we”… pathetic.

I am pretty sure its universal that "loyalty" is a positive trait in humans.

I am also 100% certain that “loyalty” should be reserved for the institution YOU attend or attended.

I have no issue with a Charlotte student being a Carolina fan, I can sympathize that you grew up on it etc, but damnit once you attend Charlotte, you put UNCCH second.

This is not a complex theory.

I agree with this, I’m just not going to harass people for being wrong. Honestly, I feel bad for them. If you’re gonna root for the Heels it’s not different than rooting for a pro sports team. The best part of college sports is that as a student or alum of a school, you get to be a part of it. These Heels fans are missing out on what makes college sports great. They might get excited when the Heels won the championship, but we get much more excited about even lesser accomplishments, because we’re actually a part of it. Imagine the excitement one day when we win a championship.

Those kids have about the same amount of self esteem as a 16 year old Thai hooker…

The last two posts are DOBA.