Greensboro News&Record still sucks

I’ve pointed out to the editor how we’re supposed to be called Charlotte. Still, it’s UNC Charlotte in their paper. Then, in the sports section today, there was a discussion of the NCSU/UNC Charlotte matchup, and the Wake/CHATTANOOGA matchup.

Chattanooga is the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, FYI.

It’s OBVIOUS this a-hole has a hatin’ on Charlotte. Even the NCAA calls us Charlotte!!! What a pompous ASS!!

when the media does this, they know exactly what they are doing.

[QUOTE]I’ve pointed out to the editor how we’re supposed to be called Charlotte. Still, it’s UNC Charlotte in their paper. Then, in the sports section today, there was a discussion of the NCSU/UNC Charlotte matchup, and the Wake/CHATTANOOGA matchup. [QUOTE]

Saw it, and thought of you, Sideshow.

Seriously.

I know the sports editor of the N and R.
He’s a real nice guy, but guess where he went to school?

Tintin

The Winston-Salem Journal does the same thing. They also called us UNC Charlotte today while calling UT-C Chatanooga. The Journal is very much aware of the name change and have used every excuse imaginable to not honor it. Their favorite excuse is “we don’t want the readers to confuse the 49ers with the pro team”.

I know numerous people that have asked the Journal to call us Charlotte, including some of Bobby’s relatives. There is supposedly one writer at the Journal (& guess where he went to school) who throws a fit every time he hears us referred to as Charlotte.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Mar 14 2005, 10:16 PM [b] The Winston-Salem Journal does the same thing. They also called us UNC Charlotte today while calling UT-C Chatanooga. The Journal is very much aware of the name change and have used every excuse imaginable to not honor it. Their favorite excuse is "we don't want the readers to confuse the 49ers with the pro team". [/b]
They don't want to confuse the readers....Hard to confuse the Niners with the Panthers, what a bunch of dumb @sses.

I’m moving to Greensboro in May and I will not subscribe to the paper if they misrepresent the school I graduated from, anyone know who I can email to make the case they will lose a customer if they choose to call us the wrong name. Heck, ESPN the NATIONAL sports news calls us Charlotte but a paper in our own state can’t!!! Unbeleivable

I’ve never been one to point fingers, but it seems the problems always come from graduates of the same school of journalism. Go figure.

Speaking of Media…Just saw where Channel 9 will be up in Worcester with coverage of the Niners starting on Thursday night. Haven’t heard of any other news stations making the trip. Harold Johnson (for those of you who love him) and Jason Rush will be making LIVE reports. Glad to see a news station traveling to cover local teams…and not the ones up the road!!

[i]Originally posted by squattie[/i]@Mar 14 2005, 11:47 PM [b] Glad to see a news station traveling to cover local teams...and not the ones up the road!! [/b]
They don't need to travel to cover the "up the road" crowd. Haven't you heard? The "up the roaders" are coming HERE!! The media here don't have to go ANYWHERE but Tyvola Road, which is literally about a MILE from WCNC. Sheesh!!