Greenville, SC

I’m going to be staying in Greenville next weekend, anyone familiar with the city? Know of any good spots or restaurants to check out?

I don’t remember many restuarants, but downtown Greenville is pretty cool.

The suspended pedestrian bridge is awesome by itself.

If you dont have a place to stay yet check out the Greenville Hilton, Niner season ticket holder runs the place… :49ers:

Check out the talent on the campus of Bob Jones University…

If you don’t mind driving to spartanburg, I’ve heard the Beacon is a pretty legendary restaurant in that area.

I been to a reel good topless bar there. Butt i dont remember the name of it. Spent neear 100 dollars by the time I left.

The Westin Poinsett is the top rated hotel, and it’s in the middle of everything.

[URL=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1255]http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1255[/URL]

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;434247]Check out the talent on the campus of Bob Jones University…[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[QUOTE=Niner National;434248]If you don’t mind driving to spartanburg, I’ve heard the Beacon is a pretty legendary restaurant in that area.[/QUOTE]

Beacon is good, but it’s overhyped. You wouldn’t want to eat there more than 2 times in a year, by the third time your heart would probably just jump out of your chest.

The West End, adjacent to downtown is where it’s at. Tons of restaurants, bars, and radness. That’s right–radness.

Try Trio or Sobe for dinner. I LOVE downtown Greenville! And Falls Park is fun, too. Lots of shopping & sight seeing…great minor league baseball stadium too (but I think season is over?? not sure…)

Sigh…the last time I visited Greenville, the Niners posted a loss to Notre Dame in the first round of the tourney.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;434272]Beacon is good, but it’s overhyped. You wouldn’t want to eat there more than 2 times in a year, by the third time your heart would probably just jump out of your chest.[/QUOTE]

everything on the menu is fried! if you go to s’burg, try wade’s instead. incred meats & veggies.

Sigh...the last time I visited Greenville, the Niners posted a loss to Notre Dame in the first round of the tourney.

That was the only time I was ever there. Thought the downtown area was pretty cool, went into a random bar and got greeted with some free beers by some generous alums because I had a Charlotte shirt on.

Poinsett Westin- close to many, many bars and restaurants. The wife and I go down there a couple of times a year just for a quick getaway.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;434286]Try Trio or Sobe for dinner. I LOVE downtown Greenville! And Falls Park is fun, too. Lots of shopping & sight seeing…great minor league baseball stadium too (but I think season is over?? not sure…)[/QUOTE]

Season’s over, but the park is way cool. Built like the parent club’s home- Fenway, monster and all.

If you are into hiking/outdoors head out to Table Rock State Park. The trail to the top is a little rough for the average hiker but well worth it for the views.

[QUOTE=LugNutX;434289]Sigh…the last time I visited Greenville, the Niners posted a loss to Notre Dame in the first round of the tourney.[/QUOTE]

I have hated Chris Thomas since that day. If only Jobey wasn’t sick!!

[QUOTE=Upstate49er;434252]The Westin Poinsett is the top rated hotel, and it’s in the middle of everything.

[URL=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1255]http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1255[/URL][/QUOTE]

I can second this place. Stayed there for a week back in July. Nice hotel with a cute bartender. As far as restaurants, there are many near the hotel and most of them are pretty nice. I ate at Soby’s, High Cotten, Trio, and Larkins on the River and recommend them all. High Cotten and Larkins can be expensive.

[QUOTE=J Felt;434245]I don’t remember many restuarants, but downtown Greenville is pretty cool.

The suspended pedestrian bridge is awesome by itself.[/QUOTE]
They hang you from a bridge just for jaywalking? WTF.