Greenville, SC

If you don't mind driving to spartanburg, I've heard the Beacon is a pretty legendary restaurant in that area.

Went to the Beacon recently-----it is definitely OVER-hyped.

Not sure if you have tried this yet, but I almost always check on tripadvisor.com before I go places. The people in their forums can give you some pretty invaluable advice and answer just about any questions you have.

Thanks for all the tips guys, I actually have had the a room reservation at the embassy suites for a while now, but I’ll check out some of the stuff that was suggested.

[QUOTE=LugNutX;434289]Sigh…the last time I visited Greenville, the Niners posted a loss to Notre Dame in the first round of the tourney.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, don’t remind me. That was the last time I was there, too.

[QUOTE=earlyniner;434292]everything on the menu is fried! if you go to s’burg, try wade’s instead. incred meats & veggies.[/QUOTE]

Love some Wade’s, eat there all the time. Also, if you don’t mind spending a little money, Kampai Japanese is a good bet in Spartanburg as well.

Greenville is my hometown. Just walk the main street that runs downtown. You can’t go wrong there. Plenty of places to eat and shop.

THere’s a Kampai in Greenville as well, by Haywood Mall. I have to go there twice a year every year. I’m so sick of it!

Love some Wade's, eat there all the time. Also, if you don't mind spending a little money, Kampai Japanese is a good bet in Spartanburg as well.