Guess who is an EA Allstar...

The EA Sports Allstars played Virginia Tech last night here in Blacksburg and none other than Calvin Clemmons is a forward on their team. I’m not sure how he played because I couldn’t make it to the game, but I know they took the Hokies to overtime which either says alot about the quality of the EA team, or not so much about the Hokies!

It’s a Seth Greenburg coached team. I think that says everything that needs to be said.

Calvin had 10 points.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 11:54 PM [b] Calvin had 10 points. [/b]
all off of monster jams im sure
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 09:58 PM [b] It's a Seth Greenburg coached team. I think that says everything that needs to be said. [/b]
Yeah last year I was at a local restaurant with my wife and we were both wearing Charlotte shirts and Seth comes in with a recruit and some assistant coaches and sits at a table across from us and did a triple take when he saw us at the next table, I just smiled and said hey, but it was funny!

Basketball is not even second fiddle up here - in this town the women’s team is more respected than the men’s and of course football is everyone’s main concern.

I thought that the NCAA’s weren’t allowing teams to play against any of the “all-star” teams (players that make $$$)? I thought that was why everybody was playing DII schools? Did I just dream that up?

Ditto

[b]I thought that the NCAA's weren't allowing teams to play against any of the "all-star" teams (players that make $$$)? I thought that was why everybody was playing DII schools? Did I just dream that up? [/b]

Teams that were in a contract with traveling all-star groups were allowed to play out their contracts. This must be the case with VA Tech.

If the contracts were signed before a certain date, the NCAA was allowing them to be played. Our contract with Global was signed after the date allowed and the NCAA would not permit the game to be played.

If the contracts were signed before a certain date, the NCAA was allowing them to be played. Our contract with Global was signed after the date allowed and the NCAA would not permit the game to be played.

Just curious what a college graduate would do for work in Blacksburg Collie. I’ve been up there a few times and love it, but I didn’t think there would be many jobs up there. Do you teach??

I thought Calvin signed to play in Germany? Does the season start later there?

According to Hokiesports.com, it was some guy named Calvin Clemens who plays for EA Sports! :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Hokies, did we recruit Carlos Dixon? Just curious…

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:08 AM [b] Just curious what a college graduate would do for work in Blacksburg Collie. I've been up there a few times and love it, but I didn't think there would be many jobs up there. Do you teach?? [/b]
There are a lot of jobs up here if you are in academics, or technology and my wife works at Tech. She worked at UNCC after graduation and got a job offer at Tech so we decided to move. Since then I have gone to work as a banker at Wachovia, one of the things I never said I would do while in college in a bank dominated city!

As for Dixon, I think he did look at us. I met him a few weeks ago (in the bank of course) and we talked about him being from Salisbury and how he ended up at Tech etc. He said he chose Tech because he was promised playing time.

Good for Calvin. He should do well.

Mk, it lets me post here…I tried earlier today and it gave an error message.

Good deal. I’ve been making some changes to the site and wanted to make sure I fixed that.

Thanks for checking.

speaking of Clemmons, does anyone have any idea what kinda of salary an EA sports player makes…just curious