GW game notes, etc.

Charlotte49ers.com: GAME NOTES: Charlotte Hosts George Washington, Thursday

Charlotte.com: Home is where wins are

GWSports.com: Men’s Basketball in Charlotte Thursday at 8 pm

GO NINERS! CRUSH THE COLONIALS!!!

About tonight’s game…

The Niners have lost 5 straight to GW.

The Niners are 0-4 against GW since joining the A-10.

GW has a record of 3-3 at Halton.

The Niners can tie the season record of 12 wins in Halton with a W tonight.

GW is 1-11 on the road this season.

Niners are 12-3 at home (11-2 Halton, 1-1 Bobcats).

Mo Rice will either be a non-factor (as he has been most of season) or he will go off for 30+ points.

Time to beat the Colonials!

And don’t forget the game starts at 8:00PM!

GO NINERS!!!

Dionte Christmas scored a league season high of 37 points last night against Duquesne. Would be nice to see Leemire better that tonight – as long as the Niners win!

I’d like to see Mr. Church with his season high at Halton tonight!:49ers:

Dionte Christmas scored a league season high of 37 points last night against Duquesne. Would be nice to see Leemire better that tonight -- as long as the Niners win!

League season high?

Thought L’mire scored 39 against St. Bon.?

League season high?

Thought L’mire scored 39 against St. Bon.?

He did!

[QUOTE=919R;302068]He did![/QUOTE]
I have e-mailed sportswriter Steve King of the Philadelphia Daily News since he’s the one who mentioned that Christmas had an A-10 season high last night.

BTW, his e-mail address is: kings@phillynews.com.

So here’s to LG getting 40 tonight!

GO NINERS!!!

The spread I saw in the O today has us a 9 point favs.

I have e-mailed sportswriter Steve King of the [I]Philadelphia Daily News[/I] since he's the one who mentioned that Christmas had an A-10 season high last night.

BTW, his e-mail address is: kings@phillynews.com.

So here’s to LG getting 40 tonight!

GO NINERS!!!

We get the Daily News every morning… I read that article and didn’t notice the error… (since I’m @ home right now)… maybe I’ll shoot him an email … telling him that Lee went for 39 :shades:

Well, I hope Lee has a good game tonight… last time playing in Halton Arena. Go Leemire!

Wow! through March 5th from the A10 site.

INDIVIDUAL PLAYER GAME HIGHS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POINTS… 39 GOLDWIRE, Leemire (Charlotte) at St. Bonaventure (2/9/08)
37 CHRISTMAS, Dionte (Temple) vs DUQUESNE (3/5/08)
36 GOLDWIRE, Leemire (Charlotte) vs SAINT JOSEPH’S (1/16/08)
35 GERIOT, Dan (Richmond) at St. Bonaventure (2/27/08)
34 GOLDWIRE, Leemire (Charlotte) vs DAVIDSON (12/05/07)

Lutz is 0-5 against Hobbs. Kind of depressing. If he cant beat him tonight, then i dont think he ever will.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;302295]Lutz is 0-5 against Hobbs. Kind of depressing. If he cant beat him tonight, then i dont think he ever will.[/QUOTE]
Actually 1-5. Lutz and the Niners won at GW back in December, 2001 during Hobbs first season as coach of the Colonials. Now Lutz & Co. need to pick up a W at home!!!

BREAKING NEWS!

George Washington University senior Maureece Rice (Philadelphia, PA) has been dismissed from the men’s basketball program, GW coach Karl Hobbs announced Thursday. Rice was dismissed for failure to adhere to team rules, according to Hobbs.
GWHatchet.com: [b][url=http://blogs.gwhatchet.com/courtside/2008/03/06/rice-dismissed-from-team/#respond]Rice dismissed from team[/url][/b]

[QUOTE=run49er;302299]BREAKING NEWS!

GWHatchet.com: Rice dismissed from team[/QUOTE]

WHAAAAAA???

:confused::blink::wow::ohmy::cool::smirk::bball:

[B]BREAKING NEWS![/B]

GWHatchet.com: Rice dismissed from team

What happened to that guy? He’s probably as responsible as anyone for their crappy season.

I’m not sure this will help us much, considering how badly he’s played this year (mostly, aside from a few hot games). They may actually play better if they get a likely distraction off the court.

Really too bad about Rice. There were the positives – all-time leading boys high school scorer in Philly history (surpassing NBA great Wilt Chamberlain), A-10 6th Man award as a sophomore, and A-10 Tourney MVP last season as a junior. Then there’s the bad – 2 suspensions this season prior to yesterday’s dismissal (3 strikes and you’re out!), the Philly Lutheran School scandal, and whomever told him after last season he was ready for the NBA! So sad just a couple of days before Senior Recognition at GW. Hmmm…

GWSports.com: Maureece Rice profile