Halton Arena atmosphere

First off, anyone who came or watched that game last not cannot have left not being a fan (unless they’re Memphis State fans). It was a great crowd, very excited to be there … and with everything else going on, it made the atmosphere even better.

Anyone who has complained about the arena atmosphere, the marketing arm, Signature or anything else has NOTHING to b*tch about now.

1. The t-shirts added excitement for our kids and other “students.” Great job, Real and Signature for getting that done. My favorite quote of the night? “This is a nice t-shirt!”

2. I’m a firm believer in the dots. We should have had them all year. Circles, not side-to-side, though. <_< Expect to see the dots for Senior Day.

3. Upper sections were 80% to 90% full. I saw C-SET signs up there, so they’re getting the message out. Hopefully, we made some new fans in those sections last night.

4. We still have a late arriving crowd. Kampus Keystone Kops need to figure out a way to more quickly and efficiently get people in.

5. The people who attended last night seemed to really understand the game. Of course, we have our core base of 5,000 fans, but the other 3K seemed to really get into it and yell/scream/have a coniption at the right times.

6. It has nothing to do with me, but that same crowd was as loud last night as during any game I’ve ever been to in that building. It reminded me when the stat crew of the Hornets used to have to wear headsets at courtside because the crowd was so loud.

Anyone else want to chime in?

It was a GREAT crowd and GREAT performance by the team and the fans, hell the whole way around.

But, I’ve heard Halton much louder than that. Namely for some undefeated, highly ranked Cincy teams.

Coach said in post game show that the noise was as loud as he’s ever heard it for a non-sincy game and compared it to last year’s win over loserville. I agree.

[b]4) We still have a late arriving crowd. Kampus Keystone Kops need to figure out a way to more quickly and efficiently get people in.[/b]

A couple that we sit with called us about 30 minutes before tip wanting to know if we could meet them off campus so they could ride with us. They did so because the cops were making them park a country mile away from Halton (that is if they could have even moved through the gridlock traffic on campus). Not a bad walk for young people but not everyone can do that stuff. There’s just no sense for the ball about to be jumped and there still be a couple thousand empty seats from people having trouble getting to their seats.

[b]5) The people who attended last night seemed to really understand the game. Of course, we have our core base of 5,000 fans, but the other 3K seemed to really get into it and yell/scream/have a coniption at the right times.[/b]

I agree…it just felt like a great, great college basketball atmosphere despite us only playing that NIT-bound Memphis team. We had two female students sit next to us because the regulars couldn’t make the game and gave them their tickets. I was pretty surprised that they actually used the tickets, sat in the alumni section, were very much into the game and asked a lot of questions. We need more of that.

[b]1) The t-shirts added excitement for our kids and other "students." Great job, Real and Signature for getting that done. My favorite quote of the night? "This is a nice t-shirt!"
  1. I’m a firm believer in the dots. We should have had them all year. Circles, not side-to-side, though. dry.gif Expect to see the dots for Senior Day.[/b]

Awesome job by Real and Co. My only regret is that we started this with only two games left. Our student section needs to show that “green” support year-round BUT with that said, it’s always better late than never and I think last night was a TREMENDOUS beginning to a great tradition. Hopefully everyone that got a shirt will wear it again on Saturday and for future seasons to come. Awesome job by everyone involved, as well as the crowd for being so electric last night.

[i]Originally posted by HomeinHalton[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 06:59 AM [b] 4) We still have a late arriving crowd. Kampus Keystone Kops need to figure out a way to more quickly and efficiently get people in. [/b]
Especially with Senior Day coming up. I know that I'm stating the obvious to this board but this Senior class deserves a [i]pregame[/i] standing ovation from 9,105 people.

The game was great, the players were great, the coaching was great, the crowd was great…

the traffic and the parking were awful. It took me forever to get from I-85 to Halton. I can remember when there was nothing at all on Harris Blvd. and getting to Charlotte was easy. Of course, those were the days we played at the Coliseum and Indep. Arena. Speaking of that, I am jealous that I never got to see a game as a student at Halton Arena. Awesome.

I continue to be astounded by people who think they can go to an event that will draw 9,105 to 72,000 and not understand they will not see tip off or kick off if they don’t PLAN AHEAD to be IN the arena/stadium at LEAST 30 minutes BEFORE the event begins. I’ve learned that you can never just drive in, walk up and get into your seat just as the action begins in crowds this size. GET REAL. We always plan to be IN Halton or BofA stadium 30 to 45 minutes early to AVOID the REALITY of traffic and crowds. If for some rare reason we can’t leave as early as we’d like, WE ALREADY KNOW WE WILL BE LATE BECAUSE THE REALITY IS MANY PEOPLE WILL BE IN FRONT OF US ALREADY. We deal with it because we KNOW what to expect. Plan ahead. :slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 07:30 AM [b] Coach said in post game show that the noise was as loud as he's ever heard it for a non-sincy game and compared it to last year's win over loserville. I agree. [/b]
I agree with this statement. Last night the crowd was still great. I loved the CSET shirts, it gave the lower bowl a consistent look for once. Got Lutz??

How about Eddie Basden, the man is sick!! :lol:

The incident with Coach Kummer REALLY got the crowd into the game. I don’t remember many times when the whole lower section stood up and made noise for that length of time. One of the best games I’ve seen in Halton. BTW, that is exactly the type of game we would have lost last year after being down by 10. Really showed some guts last night.

[i]Originally posted by HomeinHalton[/i]@Feb 24 2005, 07:59 AM [b] First off, anyone who came or watched that game last not cannot have left not being a fan (unless they're Memphis State fans). It was a great crowd, very excited to be there ... and with everything else going on, it made the atmosphere even better.

Anyone who has complained about the arena atmosphere, the marketing arm, Signature or anything else has NOTHING to b*tch about now.

1. The t-shirts added excitement for our kids and other “students.” Great job, Real and Signature for getting that done. My favorite quote of the night? “This is a nice t-shirt!”

2. I’m a firm believer in the dots. We should have had them all year. Circles, not side-to-side, though. <_< Expect to see the dots for Senior Day.

3. Upper sections were 80% to 90% full. I saw C-SET signs up there, so they’re getting the message out. Hopefully, we made some new fans in those sections last night.

4. We still have a late arriving crowd. Kampus Keystone Kops need to figure out a way to more quickly and efficiently get people in.

5. The people who attended last night seemed to really understand the game. Of course, we have our core base of 5,000 fans, but the other 3K seemed to really get into it and yell/scream/have a coniption at the right times.

6. It has nothing to do with me, but that same crowd was as loud last night as during any game I’ve ever been to in that building. It reminded me when the stat crew of the Hornets used to have to wear headsets at courtside because the crowd was so loud.

Anyone else want to chime in? [/b]

It’s still far from perfect… A few things I would like to see.

1)Shirts were awesome, I got one, but I would like to see EVERYONE in one. I know we have budget contraints, but Why not give away 2000 to the students and give everyone else the opportunity to purchase one??? I think everyone would be willing to buy one for $5 to $10, they may even make alittle money on the deal. Maybe raise some money for our new sound system.

1. Crowd was very load and satyed pretty loud the entire game, we stood up the entire second half. But again the fans are getting NO help. We still don’t seem to grasp the concept of blasting up tempo music during dead balls to keep the crowd amp’d up. I could see a more concerted effort at the Memphis game, but still a pretty miserable failure.

3)I would like to see dead balls less focused on an opportunity for the Cheerleaders and Goldusters to show us the routine they worked on and more focused on getting involved with the crowd and getting and keeping them fired up.
Why do none of them ever go up on the track or in the stands during games???

1. Traffic getting into games is getting horendous, but we reap what we sew, we want a packed house and that means a lot mor traffic. But I do agree it should be handled better.

Overall the game was awesome and I thought the crowd was louder than Cincy this year. If we continue to improve the game experience along with the teams continued improvement on the court there is no telling how far we can go.

5)And HIH you might be able to do something about this, Scoring updates for other games going on should be done at halftime only. Giving scores when the crowd is trying to hypes is a buzz kill(expection being if you were reporting on a Luoisville game that they were losing or another game that impacted whether we would be in first place or not.) And if people don’t know what the score of the game they are at is, we have big problems.

Jimmy, I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about!! Even though I haven’t been to a home game in three seasons (sorry, Cali now) I harped on this for YEARS!! The timing of the band was always awful, don’t EVER give me PA announcements during timeouts, and cheerleaders be damned. All that crap can be done when there are dead-times during timeouts.

I am CONVINCED these timeouts are planned pregame and run on schedule no matter what the situation in the game is. Roll with the flow guys - and get a new band director. It sounds like it’s the same now as it was when I was there. It’s just common sense boys - get off the script and add something new!!
-G-

I’ve found the trick. I pack a cooler of beer, get to the parking deck at about 6:15. Me and the guys that come with me talk hoops, drink beer and get ready for the game. We go into the arena at about 7:15, grab a bite to eat and get to our seats by tipoff.

I was on HWY 49 headed back to A-town within 2 minutes of getting in the truck. Home by midnight.

Who was the C-Set genious that didn’t have those shirts for sale at the game? The girl behind me asked where I got mine (I was upper level) and when I told her at the door she wanted to know if they were selling them. I think they could have easily sold 3000 of those things with the crowd and how good they looked. Missed opportunity.

[b]Why do none of them ever go up on the track or in the stands during games???[/b]

During one of the timeouts last night, the Gold Dusters finally DID come up on the track to throw t-shirts to the upper level. I certainly enjoyed getting a closer look at those talented young ladies! :stuck_out_tongue:

GO NINERS!!!

Halton was rocking last night!! At times my section (226) felt like I was back in Section 104.

Parking will be much easier Saturday. The parking on the hill was filled up quickly because of class and a weekday sell out. I got on campus a little before 7, and was forced to park at those new on campus apartments(Not Squires, or is it?). The DePaul parking wasn’t so bad because everyone was early for their bobblehead.

Everybody invite fringe fans to tailgate and attend the game. Its becoming an easy sell to those that aren’t hardcore like us. It would be awesome to sell out for a bad team.

Line was 20 deep at 11 AM when I was cutting through the SAC.
Hopefully the at-the-door student attendees have caught on that it’s a bad idea and should get them early.

We play great basketball in Halton. If you want intermission and halftime entertainment, go to a Bobcats game. :smiley: I agree with some of your points but the atmosphere is pretty damn good in Halton as long as people show up.

Crowd was kinda quiet at the beginning of the second half… very very sad