Halton Price Gouging

That happened when we went above $5.

2 Likes

I’d feel better if they were gouging the ECU fans (if they were the only ones left buying tickets). Not sure how true that is.

2 Likes

I haven’t bought tix yet. Still trying to see what kind of crew I can assemble.

Give me a break you could have bought season tickets for $75 at the beginning of the season.

You’re missing the entire point. This is about expanding the fan base and welcoming people into or back into the fold. Raising prices deters that, especially if you end up not sold out.

We are so insular as a fan base we forget there are 2.2 million people in our metro area, of which literally 99.9% don’t step foot in Halton.

1 Like

clt says this is going to be a tough ticket. students will fill their section, and the norm club took out the really cheap seats

Not sure where this is coming from but there are plenty of $20 tickets remaining when I just checked. Is that higher than normal or a recent change?

Agreed - the most expensive seats I see now are $30 and tons at $15.
Hard to even go see a movie for $15 anymore.

Plus I expect any increases are automated and long forgotten about and not a conscious decision by Mike. You guys are just envisioning Mike calling a meeting with Darin and bringing in Judy and sitting in a dark corner in a seedy bar room with a sinister laugh “We got them just where we want them now!”

1 Like

Hall of fame worthy post :joy:

Is it? I have only been to one theater in the last 5 years or so, but tickets are still only $8 there.

discount theater maybe. and a matinee. Stay in. trip to the concessions and 4 tickets will put you over $75.

Nah it’s a normal theater. Not one of the fancier wine and full service food theaters that exist now, but it’s not a discount theater either. We went to a movie at 6pm ish on thanksgiving and it was $8.75. I don’t know what time matinee ends.

6 people (one with senior discount) to go see Hunger Games last month.
And this is at the theater there next to campus.

That’s cheap. It regularly costs my family of 4 over $80 to see a blockbuster movie in the Dolby theater with the nice seats and occasionally oversized screen. It’s usually about $90 with all the junk fees.

1 Like

I’ll pass on that price. The Gem Theatre will forever be my go-to

2 Likes

Dear Diary…

I can’t remember the last time the upper level was remotely full. It doesn’t sound like the ticket prices actually doubled, but went up around $5.00. I bought two lowers for this one back in December so not affected by the increase. $15.00 is still pretty cheap in IMO.

1 Like

Wow - that was cheap!!! You ventured out and managed to get a great deal.

A little side rant based on the previous few posts.

I love how the population normalizes the inflationary increases by saying “If you think that is expensive you should look at this!” Then everyone says that price was cheap compared to this place and that place, etc., etc… This is how the government brainwashes us into poverty, and lines the pockets of the wealthy for kickbacks. You guys do realize that inflation is the silent tax on citizens. Think about it.

Who exactly collects this silent tax? Could we use that money to improve our infrastructure?