Halton Student Section Name

In response to the Spirit meeting, people are getting serious about making shirts to unify the student section. Green Beret’s was suggested in the meeting, Halton Hooligans is a name the Delta Sig frat is pushing and the other two names are already there in some form.

It’s a situation where each group likely thinks their name is the best, but please answer this poll just to get an idea of how people here are thinking.

Also, a poll will likely be included in a future edition of UTimes once a more complete list of choices is put together.

How about “The Lutzatics?”

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 05:11 PM [b] Green Beret's was suggested in the meeting, Halton Houligans is a name the Delta Sig frat is pushing [/b]
its hooligans, and a delta sig must read this board bc i suggested that a long time ago.

Niner Nation is the best one. Keep the NINER NATION shirts comming

Everyone on here is going to say Niner Nation. Nice pol though lol.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 06:37 PM [b]its hooligans, and a delta sig must read this board bc i suggested that a long time ago.

Niner Nation is the best one. Keep the NINER NATION shirts comming[/b]

I actually wasn’t sure so I used the spelling in the e-mail I got about it, oh well.

[b]Everyone on here is going to say Niner Nation. Nice pol though lol. [/b]

You never know, just because it’s the name of the site doesn’t mean people will like it better than the others. Of course it will almost certainly win by a landslide, at least I tried!

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 06:43 PM [b] You never know, just because it's the name of the site doesn't mean people will like it better than the others. Of course it will almost certainly win by a landslide, at least I tried! [/b]
:lol:

I voted for Green Berets just so you guys would have to wear the cute French hats.

My .02 is for Niner Nation. I like the Gang Green name but since several other schools use that, some of the uniqueness wears off. The Green Berets simply sounds gay to me and Hooligans… well, Halton has enough of a bad reputation already. If there’s a reputation to be had, make the correct one!

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 06:19 PM [b] My .02 is for Niner Nation. I like the Gang Green name but since several other schools use that, some of the uniqueness wears off. The Green Berets simply sounds gay to me and Hooligans... well, Halton has enough of a bad reputation already. If there's a reputation to be had, make the correct one! [/b]
I'm with you HP, but the question is why is just teh student section? Why are we creating groups, can't we just all be part of the same group...

[font=Optima][SIZE=4]Niner Nation for life!!![/font][/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 06:28 PM [b] I'm with you HP, but the question is why is just teh student section? Why are we creating groups, can't we just all be part of the same group... [/b]
Remember, we're the Old Farts! B) To see the entire arena decked out in green shirts like they do in other places would be fantastic.
[i]Originally posted by 70inchdeac[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 07:14 PM [b] I voted for Green Berets just so you guys would have to wear the cute French hats. [/b]
You gotta give credit for this one. Quality response :lol:

Too easy to have students tossing berets on the court, with the officiating crews that come to Halton, there’d be technical foulds called constatntly.

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Jan 31 2005, 07:28 PM [b]I'm with you HP, but the question is why is just teh student section? Why are we creating groups, can't we just all be part of the same group...[/b]
Great point. I think it has to start with the students though, if the entire student side of Halton is unified it will be much much easier to get the alumni side to buy in and unify as well. The idea is to eventually make cheap shirts that everyone can buy at the bookstore. No one is trying to keep the alumni out of this, but it's a name the students will have to agree on before the school starts getting shirts made so we can actually be unified in the stands.

Halton Hooligans is tight! It’s something no other school in the country would ever have. Other spirit groups have nation in their names. Also, do not get forest green shirts because they look horrible on tv. Get either a brighter green or white with green letters like Michigan State has.

halton hippies?..maybe we should have a halton hotties section, put some of those girls in the golduster thread there…

i like niner nation, but im also in the band, so i cant complain…and if i did no one would care lol…all i know, we need to unite behind our team!!!

GO NINERS!!!

I like “Shirley”

Yeah, I like the Hooligans too, mostly because it’s decently original. And I also agree on not going with a dark green shirt. I mean, look at Cameron’s stripes and the tie dyes at Wake - those babies stand out. I honestly wouldn’t mind a tie dye look, even though I know most of everyone here has said they hate them. We just definitely need a design that stands out.

I think it’s too late for Hooligans this year. I assume you want them for Saturday. Go for NinerNation and introduce the Frats to the rest of the student body.

hoo·li·gan (hū’lĭ-gən)
n.
A tough and aggressive or violent youth.

[Origin unknown.]