Hanna Montana...PLEASE HELP

at what age do kids get into Hannah Montana?

My wife wants to take our little girl to see The Wiggles…and their prices arent that bad. I actually dont mind the wiggles either…seems I always have one of their songs stuck in my head!

“Dorthy!!!..Dorthy!!!..Would you like to dance with me?”

I had no freaking clue who Hannah Montana was until my sister called me asking for my “entertainment industry” contacts to see if I could get her tickets for her daughter.

I offered to help stand in line or buy tickets online when they went on sale.

Now, here’s what I don’t get: how do 18,000 tickets sell out so quickly? I was at ticketmaster.com ready to pounce on those tickets the second it became noon. they were immediately sold out.

Meanwhile, my sister stood in line for 2 hours, was number 9 in line at the ticketmaster office, and everyone was shut out.

I mean, does Ticketmaster sell off a large portion of its available tickets to brokers, dealers, etc. anticipating the higher value? I just don’t see how its physicaly possible to sell out so quickly, unless there’s other stuff going on that isn’t talked about.

at what age do kids get into Hannah Montana?

My wife wants to take our little girl to see The Wiggles…and their prices arent that bad. I actually dont mind the wiggles either…seems I always have one of their songs stuck in my head!

“Dorthy!!!..Dorthy!!!..Would you like to dance with me?”

kindergarten

[QUOTE=Max Power;258755]:ohmy: You could probably go see the Zeppelin reunion show for that.

For $1200, I’ll dress up like Hanna Montana and sing for your kids. They’ll never know the difference.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE HIRE HIM METRO.

And take pictures! :lmao:

[QUOTE=metro;258685]Please…If anyone can hook me up in anyway with 3 Hanna Montana seats (2 girls, parent) then I will be forever in debt to you.

I will pay $100 a piece.

PM me and I will give you my cell.[/QUOTE]

300 bucks on Kindergardeners! Can’t you just get them a barbie and be done with it.

I am sad becasue of this thread.

$100 for kid’s shows?
This is crazy! Kids don’t even work.
And I thought Van Halen was bad for $100 tickets for adults.

Took my girls last year to see Hanna Montana and the Cheetah Girls last year at the Independance Arena. Barely got tickets before they sold out. Unfortunately they weren’t selling adult beverages for that event . . .:toast:

I am sad becasue of this thread.

[SIZE=2]Cheer up, Charlie
Give me a smile
What happened to the smile I used to know
Don’t you know your grin has always
Been my sunshine;
Let that sunshine show…

Come on, Charlie
No need to frown
Deep down you know tomorrow is your toy…

When the days get heavy
Never pitter patter
Up and at’em boy

Some day, sweet as a song
Charlie’s lucky day will come along
Till that day
You’ve got to stay strong Charlie
Up on top is right where you belong

Look up, Charlie
You’ll see a star
Just follow it and keep your dreams in view
Pretty soon the sky is going to clear up
Charlie,
Cheer up Charlie,do
Cheer up Charlie
Just be glad you’re you.[/SIZE]

So have the times really changed that much where parents find it ok to spend 100 dollars on their child for a concert? If I asked my dad to go to a 100 dollar concert when I was growing up he’d laugh, then tell me to take out the trash, and I’m young.

$100 for kid's shows? This is crazy! Kids don't even work. And I thought Van Halen was bad for $100 tickets for adults.

the truth is, it pained me to buy $50 Kenny Chesnee and Rascal Flatts tix for me and mrs, but once your kids literally get their hearts broken because their fav singer sells out, you will spend the dough.

its no different than a little boy begging for xbox or PS at xmas time, and people finding a way to get one.

So have the times really changed that much where parents find it ok to spend 100 dollars on their child for a concert? If I asked my dad to go to a 100 dollar concert when I was growing up he'd laugh, then tell me to take out the trash, and I'm young.

you’re obviously not a parent
btw, the kids have no idea of cost, they just want to see an icon for their age group (and a quality one imo). I think the original tix price were in the $50 range.

now if they come to me as 12 year olds telling me they need $100 for Justin Timberlake, aint happening. Your dad was on the money in that regard.

when the cost is invisible to them, you will do what it takes (within reason)

[QUOTE=metro;258831]the truth is, it pained me to buy $50 Kenny Chesnee and Rascal Flatts tix for me and mrs, but once your kids literally get their hearts broken because their fav singer sells out, you will spend the dough.

its no different than a little boy begging for xbox or PS at xmas time, and people finding a way to get one.[/QUOTE]

Your correct I’m not a parent yet, but kids also have to realize they aren’t going to get everything they want. So what if “their heards get broken” They’ll get over it and probably be better off in the long run.

So what if "their heards get broken" They'll get over it and probably be better off in the long run.

walk a mile in my shoes is all I’ve got to say. When 2 little girls are waiting literally months, and begging constantly, and showing you concert dates on the internet…and then the day arrives and you gotta tell them "no, I could not get you tix:…they are not “better off”…you’ll see. They don’t understand the concept of sold out either.

walk a mile in my shoes is all I've got to say. When 2 little girls are waiting literally months, and begging constantly, and showing you concert dates on the internet......and then the day arrives and you gotta tell them "no, I could not get you tix:....they are not "better off"....you'll see. They don't understand the concept of sold out either.

So, did you get any tickets yet? Have you any good offers?

Edit: I would almost be willing to wait (if I were you) around the venue before the show… Someone will have to cancel, have sick kids, won’t be able to stay, etc. and will be trying to at least get the price they paid back if not make a little more. You could have your wife on standby driving around or going to the mall with the kids (don’t TELL them they’re going… let them think they’re still not), and if you get tickets, give her a call on the cell to come on over to the show.

[QUOTE] walk a mile in my shoes is all I’ve got to say. When 2 little girls are waiting literally months, and begging constantly, and showing you concert dates on the internet…and then the day arrives and you gotta tell them "no, I could not get you tix:…they are not “better off”…you’ll see. They don’t understand the concept of sold out either. [/QUOTE]

I see your point, but my point is when does it end? First its these tickets next its going to be something else that they “beg” you for. You have to say No sometime. When you finally do say no they will appreciate when they do get things even more. I’m so sick of seeing parents buy their kids whatever they want any time they ask, eventually they think it is the norm, then you lose control and they don’t appreciate anything.

sorry to hijake the thread, thats my last rant

This must be Coach back up Metro day. As a parent of two kids, 10 and 3 years old, I absolutely feel for you. My kids are awesome, understand that they cannot have everyting they want, are not brats, have good manners, etc. What is wrong with me treating them to something special every once in a while? If that special treat is a concert, then go for it! If they are not appreciative, then never again.

Show them the $ amt. of the ticket.
I wouldn’t have dared ask my parents to spend that much.

Hell. I feel bad for the little boys who will grow up day and marry all these little girls. It will be a tough gig.

I remember some Christmas mornings waking up and having almost nothing so it is hard for me to grasp this Hanna Montana frenzy.
I guess I am officially old school.

[QUOTE=metro;258840]walk a mile in my shoes is all I’ve got to say. When 2 little girls are waiting literally months, and begging constantly, and showing you concert dates on the internet…and then the day arrives and you gotta tell them "no, I could not get you tix:…they are not “better off”…you’ll see. They don’t understand the concept of sold out either.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you’re talking about metro. I’m no parent, but I have a sister that is 7 (turning 8 in October) and she absolutely is glued to the disney channel when she gets to watch TV (after homework, before bed, etc.). I have watched more Disney channel in the past 5 years than I thought ever would. I’m 20, and I have watched all the disney shows and movies they do.

If I went home and told her she will get to go see the cheetah girls, hannah montana, or high school musical in concert she would be beaming with a smile like no other. That’s when the money becomes worth it (in reasonable means of course).