Hats off to Davidson

They beat Mizzou at their place. Valpo is giving Cincy all they want… Looks like we have a couple of tough opponents.

Oh yeah… Santa Clara is kicking the $hit out of the Holes.

Quinn Snyder better run and hide ‘cus they’re heatin’ up the tar and searchin’ for some pillows.

That was a very solid win for the Wildcats and they have my respect (and attention). Never really an easy game for us given the rivalry but we’ll have our hands full in a few weeks. Bob always has a well disclipined team that fights to the finish.

Nice job Davidson…huge win for that program!

With the exception of the Niner game, it’s fine with me if Davidson wins every game they play this year. I think their win tonight will help our team realize how tough the Davidson game may be.

this year’s game will be a tough one … they will be fired up … if we go in there and think that we can win on 3 pt shooting, we will be sorely wrong

It’s how they are going to try to win though.

[b]It's how they are going to try to win though.[/b]

…and how they did win 2 years ago. This game had my eye before they beat Mizzou, because everyone seemed to be looking at it as an easy W. Now it has me even more worried. If they have So-Con refs there, we will be lucky to get out of there with a W.

dont even mizzou on the same level as us

We’re a cut above Mizzou. They’ll play us tough, but our superior talent and our home court advantage will do the trick.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Nov 21 2004, 04:51 PM [b] ...and our home court advantage will do the trick. [/b]
lol thats great, even when we play up there at Davidson, we have the "home court advantage."

i cant wait to head up there for that game

All mizzou is missing is a good coach. They have talented players and a brand new arena. I don’t think Quin Snyder is going to be there much longer. He needs to have a very good year this season. They only reason he is still here is cause he always finishes in the top half of the big 12 (though only 6th or tied for 5th), he made the tournament every year but last year, he recruits well, and the biggest reason he is still here is he made the great eight one year. However with both the football and basketball team in the gutter mizzou fans are getting restless and I think the football coach maybe gone real soon. And like I said above if MU is in the NIT again at the end of this year then he will probably be gone as well. Oh yeah, Mizzou fans are tired of losing to their two biggest rivals Kansas and Illinios. Quin’s record against them is terrible.

Besides being a Mizzou fan I am also a SLU fan and just wanted to tell you that you that I have alot of respect for your program. It can’t be easy being so close to Duke, NC, WF, and all of the other espn favorites. SLU is off to a rough start but rome wasn’t built in a day and most people don’t expect us to be very good until next year. Which is a shame it would have been great to leave Cusa with a bang. Best of luck with your season, except of course when you play the Billikens.

By the way Davidson is a very well coached team that plays well and has some very good shooters that if left open will make you pay.

Welcome to the board STLfan!

The Davidson game is always a tough one for us because it is a north mecklenburg (county) rivalry. The two schools are not that far apart and we have a long history of ups and downs against them, regardless of each team’s talent level. McKillop always gets his guys ready to play, and they don’t make bone headed plays. We do our best to try to take over their arena for “away” games, and I think it helps our guys.

As for Mizzou, should Snyder leave, there’s a very suitable HC candidate already on that bench. He couldn’t get players to come to A&M, but he’s a good coach and a good guy.

Even if we get rid of snyder I doubt that watkins will get the job. He went didn’t win a single game in the big 12 last year including getting swept by a baylor team with only 7 scholarship players and that saw all of there best players transfer after the Murder/Scandal. Mizzou will go after a name coach with a squeky clean record to try and make the fans and more importantly the donors happy. Not that Watkins is a bad coach but after all we have been through his record is against him.

He never had any community or university support. The name of the game there is football, football and more football.

He could thrive at Mizzou where basketball is on nearly the same level as football.

[i]Originally posted by STLfan[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 01:43 AM [b] All mizzou is missing is a good coach. [/b]
Watkins will turn there program arond if snider will let him.
[i]Originally posted by STLfan[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 11:55 AM [b] Even if we get rid of snyder I doubt that watkins will get the job. He went didn't win a single game in the big 12 last year including getting swept by a baylor team with only 7 scholarship players and that saw all of there best players transfer after the Murder/Scandal. Mizzou will go after a name coach with a squeky clean record to try and make the fans and more importantly the donors happy. Not that Watkins is a bad coach but after all we have been through his record is against him. [/b]
Dean Smith couldn't win at A&M
[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Nov 22 2004, 02:36 PM [b] Dean Smith couldn't win at A&M [/b]
Who's Dean Smith? ;)

Nice piece on Davidson by Gregg Doyel…

Sportsline.com: Coaching son working out fine for Davidson’s McKillop