Hayes Stadium

Yes, I was serious about painting it green. I think it looks cheap the way it is. It looks temporary or incomplete.

Agreed.

Paint it or get a cooler looking fence. New stadium deserves it.
Looks like all 3 of my neighbors’ backyards right now.

fence history:
originally it was chainlink. then in the 80’s we built a 10’ plywood style that looked like a minor league park. I liked it but it started falling apart 5 yrs ago. Then Mark Colone struck a deal with Lowes to get the existing fence. So the truth is, they are expensive, and we got a deal. Its not the best, but its what worked at the time. I agee the stadium is too high class now for it. Don’t look for it to go down soon, we need an indoor batting cage worse.

Are they going to cover the fence up with sponsor signs similar to minor league parks? If so that will cover atleast some of the outfield wall.

We should let ivy grow over it… Then, get UNCCTF to do Harry Carey impersonation on the mike.

[QUOTE=jayhawkwannabe;247932]Are they going to cover the fence up with sponsor signs similar to minor league parks? If so that will cover atleast some of the outfield wall.[/QUOTE]

thats how it used to be
now it is done identical to Wichita St, if you click on their link I posted above in this thread, the ads are more like picture frames hanging

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;247859]i like the wood…

also - in front of the new stadium entrance it looks like theres going to be a large concrete entrance - if this is so is there any talk of putting in a statue similar to those outside of halton in? Or just some sort of statue in front of that entrance[/QUOTE]

The plaza will be a bricked/lighted path down from the road to the main entrance. At the center (near the road), the baseball statue will be placed and lighted. Same one that was near the old entrance but taken up during construction.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;247937]We should let ivy grow over it… Then, get UNCCTF to do Harry Carey impersonation on the mike.[/QUOTE]
darn good idea, just takes years to get it going. I planted ivy in my yard 2 years ago and its slow

The plaza will be a bricked/lighted path down from the road to the main entrance. At the center (near the road), the baseball statue will be placed and lighted. Same one that was near the old entrance but taken up during construction.

Cool! I like the idea of lighting it.

darn good idea, just takes years to get it going. I planted ivy in my yard 2 years ago and its slow

We could use kudzu… would only take 2 weeks! I guess the problem would be recovering the outfielders after innings.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;247937]We should let ivy grow over it… Then, get UNCCTF to do Harry Carey impersonation on the mike.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. I wonder if ivy or paint is cheaper.

I could live with the fence if I knew we were getting an indoor batting cage to help the team get better.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;247945]We could use kudzu… would only take 2 weeks! I guess the problem would be recovering the outfielders after innings.[/QUOTE]

QFMFT!

We could use kudzu... would only take 2 weeks! I guess the problem would be recovering the outfielders after innings.

I got a better idea. Lets wait until April and sneak into the New Boshamer Stadium (at UNC) and plant the kudzu!! LOL----That stuff is like King Kong meets Bambi :scared: