hear's an idea

this area is loaded with money. if bobby leaves we should get some more high dollar donations and lure coach k from duke. or maybe tubby smith from ky. i would even settle for mark few or rick barnes. maybe even pitino or hugggins. especially since those 2 love halton so much.

stupid post i know. but my point is we should also be thinking about how to raise money to afford a great coach. thinking positively is much more fun than thinking negatively.

or maybe get a coach and structure his contract based on success. every post season win gives him more money. we get more money for each win so we could structure his contract accordingly.

might as well put phil jackson on that list as well

Id be down for Paul Silas.

Larry Legend

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Mar 22 2005, 10:19 PM [b] this area is loaded with money. if bobby leaves we should get some more high dollar donations and lure coach k from duke. or maybe tubby smith from ky. i would even settle for mark few or rick barnes. maybe even pitino or hugggins. especially since those 2 love halton so much.

[/b]

We’re obviously one of the elite programs in the country. Every coach in America would love to have the facilities, resources, and local support we have here. I’d be surprised if coaches aren’t lining up already.

I heard Pitino has his guys in town actively working for the Charlotte opening.

Your complaining about facilities? I think we have top notch facilites. Will probably be the best in the A-10 and by a pretty wide margin.

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 01:37 PM [b]Your complaining about facilities? I think we have top notch facilites. Will probably be the best in the A-10 and by a pretty wide margin.[/b]
Iron, not sure we'll be the best in the A-10. I'd rate Dayton, Xavier, Temple, UMass, Rhode Island, and maybe even Richmond, on par with us. We are certainly light years ahead of the others. If SLU can get the money to build their new on-campus arena, then the Billikens will be up there too.

UD Arena, Dayton

Mullins Center, UMass

Ryan Center, Rhode Island

Robins Center, Richmond

SLU Arena, Saint Louis (proposed)

Liacouras Center, Temple (couldn’t find interior hoops set-up shot)

Cintas Center, Xavier

Dang, Xavier’s place looks exactly like Davidson. I didn’t know high school gyms were such a popular design among colleges.

[i]Originally posted by Lancer49er[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 05:13 PM [b]Dang, Xavier's place looks exactly like Davidson. I didn't know high school gyms were such a popular design among colleges.[/b]
Then obviously you've never been to either place...

[i]Originally posted by Lancer49er[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 05:13 PM [b] Dang, Xavier's place looks exactly like Davidson. I didn't know high school gyms were such a popular design among colleges. [/b]
:blink:

Davidson has bleachers and I think the scoreboard is on the wall. I think it actually says “HOME” and “AWAY”. :smiley:

Is Univ Richmond arena on their campus ? We always played well in the Richmond downtown arena.

The Dayton arena is a football stadium with a roof on it, it is an interesting design.

By the way the Memphis arena is awesome, built in the right place and really well done.

Is this what Charlotte is doing with their downtown arena, on par with Memphis arena ?

All of the A-10 schools play on campus, with the exception of handful of games that Saint Joseph’s plays at the Palestra on the Penn campus.

Actually, Dayton has a football stadium (the Flyers play D-1AA). Seats 2,000 LESS than the basketball arena!

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Mar 24 2005, 11:23 AM [b] Is Univ Richmond arena on their campus ? We always played well in the Richmond downtown arena.

[/b]

Yes, and we lost there the last time we played in Richmond.

I’ll get a lot of flack for saying this, but I think Halton fits in quite well with the upper echelon A10 teams’ facilities ('cept St Joe’s & Gdub).

Honestly, aside from the dregs in the league, I think this is a really good fit for us from a basketball standpoint. I think it’s silly to think we’re way better than one of the better schools like Xavier. Their facilities are obviously excellent, they have a recent National POY, and an Elite 8 appearance last year. Next year, their stud PG will be a soph, and therefore better.

I think they are very comparable and I am not embarassed at all to be mentioned in the same breath as them. I hate hearing people discount them just 'cause toothless rednecks who call in to worthless WWE style talk shows have no idea who they are.

URI, UMass, Dayton & Richmond all have good facilities too.

[i]Originally posted by Lancer49er[/i]@Mar 23 2005, 05:13 PM [b] Dang, Xavier's place looks exactly like Davidson. I didn't know high school gyms were such a popular design among colleges. [/b]
how can you possibly call that a high school gym? That looks nothing like davidson.