Help Save Norm?

I havenā€™t seen this discussed on here so Iā€™m not sure what this is in reference too, but itā€™s a Facebook group titled ā€˜Help Save Norm.ā€™

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13218298071&ref=mf

This group is to spread awareness about the plan to kill Norm the Niner. Not literally, but the higher powers are planning to change UNC-Charlotteā€™s mascot from lovable Norm to something else. Possible ideas are the Cougars, the Money, and worst of all the Queens. So join this group to rebel and show the higher powers that we love Norm and we will be heard.

Anyone know what this is in reference to?

lame

This has been posted before. Its a hoax.

someone used the hyphenā€¦

I have some friends that are in that group, and that makes me sad.

I wonder if they would join a group called ā€œHelp save the city of Charlotteā€™s name, they want to change it to Happy-happy Gumdropville!ā€

:rolleyes:

Yeah I made a post about the hyphenā€¦teehee

[QUOTE=Chisox17;337543]This has been posted before. Its a hoax.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didnā€™t remember seeing it on here before but a friend just joined the group and I was confused at first - I thought Norm had been kidnapped or something!

Thanks. I didn't remember seeing it on here before but a friend just joined the group and I was confused at first - I thought Norm had been kidnapped or something!

Yeah, it was started as a class project of some sort I believe. Rest assured, itā€™s 100% a hoax.

Yeah, it was started as a class project of some sort I believe. Rest assured, it's 100% a hoax.

I hate all these Facebook projects :hammer:

Who is UNC hyphen CHARLOTTE?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;337573]Who is UNC hyphen CHARLOTTE?[/QUOTE]

I think theyā€™re a satellite campus of Chapel Hill

I think they're a satellite campus of Chapel Hill
Shouldn't they be unc-chapel hill-CHARLOTTE ???

Sadly, I wouldnā€™t put it past our genius administration to suggest changing our mascot. Although, I think instead of money or queens they would push for some kind of white, horned mammal.

We could be the Tar Toes

Shouldn't they be unc-chapel hill-CHARLOTTE ???

Actually I think its called [COLOR=mediumturquoise]Carolina at Charlotte[/COLOR].

this facebook group was a pathetic excuse for an April foolā€™s joke.

[QUOTE=dax;337684]this facebook group was a pathetic excuse for an April foolā€™s joke.[/QUOTE]

looks like it workedā€¦and as long as people continue to join, it will not die!