Heroes

a lot? did syler kill hiro's dad?

I doubt it was sylar…would seem to obvious.

I thought it was a great episode. The new latina hero seems pretty cool. I also like the Brit in feudal japan angle. This show moves at a pace that I wish Lost would. Much less frustrating.

I thought it was an ok episode. Seems like a similar storyline as last year, the villian is covered up and we have no idea who he is but I'm sure his identity will be revealed later, just like Sylar last year.

Probably true, but we find out who the bad guy is fairly soon. I’m sure that that guy is not the boogey man of the little girls dreams.

Hiro, I have no idea what his storyline is about and why he is going back in time.

He will become the [COLOR=#0000ff]Takezo Kensei[/COLOR] of legend

Nathan? What's up with his face and why did he stick Peter in a freight container.
I'm not sure about the face thing but I'm confidant he didn't lock Peter in the container.
Claire? Is it necessary for her to break a bone each episode?
Yes, so we can stare at her soft, supple body.

Another solid episode last night.

Peters storyline is my favorite so far. Maybe its all the Irish accents…I dunno?

Clair’s boyfriend is annoying as hell. We already have a hero that can fly… he is no good to me.

I am not a fan of Mohinder (sp?) He is a really bad actor imo.

The guy that can read minds is divorced? Wasnt his wife preggers? What happened there?

I have a feeling that the little boy who can manipulate machines is going to be a very important player in the grand scheme of things.

Next weeks previews look to answer a lot of questions. Should be a good one.

Edit: Anyone else notice that the dude in the mexican jail was driving Claire’s stolen car?

[QUOTE=casstommy;261291]

Edit: Anyone else notice that the dude in the mexican jail was driving Claire’s stolen car?[/QUOTE]

I saw the bumper sticker but still missed that. Good catch!

Agree, solid episode again last night. Hate Sylar made it but I think we all knew he would, esp given the way the finale ended. Agree on Claire’s bf - they could have at least given him a different power.

Thoughts on the killer, do you think this is an existing character or a new character? I’m wondering if it’s Peter and he just doesn’t know it. The killer can fly and can become invisible and it isn’t Skylar since he still can’t use his powers. Plus Peter shows up with that symbol as a necklace and if you saw his tattoo it changed to the symbol then completely disappeared.

Also, will Claire’s dad survive?

I’m new to this show. What’s the deal with Maya’s black tears? I mean, does she have to get mad for them to appear and then it kills everyone near her, except for her brother? Also, what does she do to her brother afterwards that brings those people back to life? Thanks

Anyone else notice that the dude in the mexican jail was driving Claire's stolen car?
I did, nice touch. I wonder where it's going.
I saw the bumper sticker but still missed that. Good catch!

Thoughts on the killer, do you think this is an existing character or a new character? I’m wondering if it’s Peter and he just doesn’t know it. The killer can fly and can become invisible and it isn’t Skylar since he still can’t use his powers. Plus Peter shows up with that symbol as a necklace and if you saw his tattoo it changed to the symbol then completely disappeared.

I missed the bumper sticker. What did it say?

I think the killer is a new character.

I assume it’s Peter’s healing ability that changed then dissapeared the tattoo.

Thoughts on the killer, do you think this is an existing character or a new character? I'm wondering if it's Peter and he just doesn't know it. The killer can fly and can become invisible and it isn't Skylar since he still can't use his powers. Plus Peter shows up with that symbol as a necklace and if you saw his tattoo it changed to the symbol then completely disappeared.

Also, will Claire’s dad survive?

I think its a new character. Hiro’s dad and Peters mom were talking about which of the original 8 were the ones sending the pictures with the symbol on it.

I am thinking Claire’s dad dies…and Claire reunites with Nathan. They need to get Claire out of this high school setting. Her character is getting kinda boring.

I'm new to this show. What's the deal with Maya's black tears? I mean, does she have to get mad for them to appear and then it kills everyone near her, except for her brother? Also, what does she do to her brother afterwards that brings those people back to life? Thanks

Maya is a new character VA…so no one really knows whats going on with them. It looks like she has to get mad to do it, and that her brother has some sort of healing ability.

I missed the bumper sticker. What did it say?

It was a bumber sticker for the name of the High School Claire goes to.

I guess I must be one of the few on this board who has been disappointed so far this season. I think they have too many story lines going. I think they are falling into bad Lost territory; they need to bring the story lines back into line. I’ve also noticed what seems to be an increase in commercials, every ten minutes there’s a commercial break, just like Lost. I’m also not crazy about having to read more subtitles, reading Hiro and Ando’s conversations was enough.

I guess I must be one of the few on this board who has been disappointed so far this season. I think they have too many story lines going. I think they are falling into bad Lost territory; they need to bring the story lines back into line. I've also noticed what seems to be an increase in commercials, every ten minutes there's a commercial break, just like Lost. I'm also not crazy about having to read more subtitles, reading Hiro and Ando's conversations was enough.

Lost does this over seasons though. Heroes gets lots of story lines and then ties them all in over the last 6-10 episodes. We’re only on the third right? I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

[QUOTE=casstommy;261356]I think its a new character. Hiro’s dad and Peters mom were talking about which of the original 8 were the ones sending the pictures with the symbol on it.

[/QUOTE]

I caught that, was wondering if one of the original 8 may be pulling his strings (he had to get in that crate somehow and where did the necklace come from). Good season so far. I do agree with CPA that they have a lot of storylines going on at one time but they tied it all together well last year, expecting the same this year.

[QUOTE=forDniner;261375]I caught that, was wondering if one of the original 8 may be pulling his strings (he had to get in that crate somehow and where did the necklace come from). Good season so far. I do agree with CPA that they have a lot of storylines going on at one time but they tied it all together well last year, expecting the same this year.[/QUOTE]

The nice thing this year is that there will be 2 story arcs, one for the first half of the season and one for the second half. Last year with one arc it really took time to get them all together. That should not be the case this year. As for comparisons to LOST, I am ok with LOST going slow… the mythology of the show is built upon that and a story arc that has 3 more years to complete with certainly go slow. I just hope the pay off is worth the wait. Heroes is more 24esqe where it reboots every few months.

Look I know people love this show and it has a huge following, but basically it’s a tv version of early comics like X-Men, Spider-Man, etc., just generalized. Not in the superpower way, but specifically, people coming across specific gifts they have and their dilemma within on how to use or manipulate these powers. You could say this about most superhero formats, but it closely resembles the base plot lines of early X-Men comics (Harnessing powers either for or against man, good/evil, controlling powers, acceptance/harassment/neglect/ignorance). Sorry it just seems to be a recycled format some 45 years later into a tv show… then again most tv shows are like this… anyways, this is why I just can’t get into it.

Look I know people love this show and it has a huge following, but basically it's a tv version of early comics like X-Men, Spider-Man, etc., just generalized. Not in the superpower way, but specifically, people coming across specific gifts they have and their dilemma within on how to use or manipulate these powers. You could say this about most superhero formats, but it closely resembles the base plot lines of early X-Men comics (Harnessing powers either for or against man, good/evil, controlling powers, acceptance/harassment/neglect/ignorance). Sorry it just seems to be a recycled format some 45 years later into a tv show... then again most tv shows are like this... anyways, this is why I just can't get into it.

I think that is why people love it…I know its why I love it.

I agree…they basically just took a lot of the themes from early X-men comics and put it into a 1 hour drama, but thats why its great.

I’ll take shows about mindreaders, people who fly, can shoot lighting out of their hands, and are unbreakable over shows about doctors who sleep around with each other anyday of the week.

I'll take shows about mindreaders, people who fly, can shoot lighting out of their hands, and are unbreakable over shows about doctors who sleep around with each other anyday of the week.

Don’t worry I despise those shows as well.