hey niners...

…serious question.

where do things stand for the Niners fielding a gridiron squad?

been watching NC and NCSt do their thing today, and watched USF take FSt to the woodshed. USF is in a BCS conf after only about 12 years or so. they were Div 1AA in 1997.

just wondering when i can watch the Niners knock off those other NC football pretenders.

thnx

What’s up g-man. How’s the Mrs? You still looking to retire down here in God’s country?

We’re about halfway there on a squad. Sold over half the 5000 FSL’s we need to and appear to have some potential for some big donors to come onboard. There was a meeting a week or so ago of the trustees where they talked stadiums and reviewed design options. You can check them out [B]here[/B]

FSL’s are $1000 a piece. How many can I put you down for?:49ers:

howdy MK. doing ok. the mrs misses that HP fella. how’s the MK family?

sounds like an exciting time for the Niner faithful. was there a link you intended to post on stadium design and configuration? what’s the best guess on seating capacity?

gruehls, I know your vision isn’t quite what it used to be back when you were a young lad but the link is in MK’s post with a green font (click the word “here”) :smile:

Have HP buy a couple extra seats so you can come down to watch us play in a few years.

Hope all is well

[QUOTE=gruehls;433609]howdy MK. doing ok. the mrs misses that HP fella. how’s the MK family?

sounds like an exciting time for the Niner faithful. was there a link you intended to post on stadium design and configuration? what’s the best guess on seating capacity?[/QUOTE]

Gruehls, MK put the link in the reply but he’s stealthy. Here it is: http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/stadium.html

The stadium size is supposed to hold ~15,000 seats I believe, but to be expandable (to ~40,000?).

Hey Gruehls are you guys a football school now!?!

Top 10 ranking is not too shabby.

How many does your current stadium hold/

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;433644]Hey Gruehls are you guys a football school now!?!

Top 10 ranking is not too shabby.

How many does your current stadium hold/[/QUOTE]

hey Dawg. top 20 last year and an orange bowl bid. damn those hokies! after next week (0 -4 miami, ohio), it’s all big east play, plus illinois. USF is going to be tough, especially after playing a cupcake.

UC’s stadium seats 35,097. it’s right in the middle of the campus. http://www.collegegridirons.com/bigeast/NippertStadium.htm

JCL, um, i was wearing my sunglasses and they filtered out the green. doing well here and hope you and yours are doing well too.

C, thanks for helping an old man with failing vision and comprehension, who blames mistakes on his sunglasses.

now, where’s that HP rascal hiding out?

Battle for the Bell? Go Redhawks!

haha, just kidding. You’ve got a heck of a football team this year, but you’ve gotta play better than you did against Fresno State if you want a shot at the title.

[QUOTE=gruehls;433756]hey Dawg. top 20 last year and an orange bowl bid. damn those hokies! after next week (0 -4 miami, ohio), it’s all big east play, plus illinois. USF is going to be tough, especially after playing a cupcake.

UC’s stadium seats 35,097. it’s right in the middle of the campus. http://www.collegegridirons.com/bigeast/NippertStadium.htm[/QUOTE]

Forgot about the Orange Bowl. Must be nice!!

Play on Playa.

If we eventually get into the BE and you guys come to town do you think the change flying from the stands will make your guys keep their lids on the entire time they are on the field or just before they come into the stands?

Forgot about the Orange Bowl. Must be nice!!

Play on Playa.

If we eventually get into the BE and you guys come to town do you think the change flying from the stands will make your guys keep their lids on the entire time they are on the field or just before they come into the stands?

daaaaaaaang:ohmy:

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;433765]Forgot about the Orange Bowl. Must be nice!!

Play on Playa.

If we eventually get into the BE and you guys come to town do you think the change flying from the stands will make your guys keep their lids on the entire time they are on the field or just before they come into the stands?[/QUOTE]

Man, do I miss the rivalry. Quality work TSD. :shades:

Yeah. The thread was getting too civil and just wanted to make sure I stay in game shape in case we ever get another rival.

I miss those days.

Gruehls, Diego said to tell you hello.

How’s it been going Greg? I still have that Cinci hat you gave me. It comes in handy every time the toilet stops up.

howdy Over. good to know you are finally paying attention to the indoor plumbing. must have been quite a challenge for you at first.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;433776]Yeah. The thread was getting too civil and just wanted to make sure I stay in game shape in case we ever get another rival.

I miss those days.[/QUOTE]

well, in that vein:

will the new team’s nickname be the “Niner Nancies”? how about the “UNC Charlottes”?

if the stadium is ever constructed, will the Observer cover it?

if the Nancies/Charlottes ever win a game, will the Observer cover it?

if the Nancies/Charlottes ever win a national championship, will the Observer cover it?

if the stadium collapses, and all 497 fans in attendance are seriously injured, will the Observer cover it?

will the word “49’ers” take on significance as reflecting the fact that the Nancies/Charlottes can never get to the 50?

if the Nancies/Charlottes remain winless after 3 years, will the “temporary” stadium become permanent, and converted to a permanent tennis facility?

if the mighty Bearcats ever condescend to play the Nancies/Charlottes, and win by about 112 points, will the 497 fans in the stands mind if UC tells them they overpaid, so “keep the change?”

sorry boys but i’m out of practice too. best i could do on short notice.

sincere best wishes on all things gridiron related in the future.

howdy Over. good to know you are finally paying attention to the indoor plumbing. must have been quite a challenge for you at first.

well, in that vein:

… if the stadium is ever constructed, will the Observer cover it?

… if the Nancies/Charlottes ever win a game, will the Observer cover it?

… if the Nancies/Charlottes ever win a national championship, will the Observer cover it?

… if the stadium collapses, and all 497 fans in attendance are seriously injured, will the Observer cover it?

For those not around then, Gruehls showed up in Charlotte for a Niner game against the Cincinnati Bearholes. Before the game, he asked why the game had NO MENTION in the Observer. After the Niner win over the ranked Bearholes, he asked why the game was on Page 8, especially since the weak Southern Conference games were on Page 6. True story.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;433819]For those not around then, Gruehls showed up in Charlotte for a Niner game against the Cincinnati Bearholes. Before the game, he asked why the game had NO MENTION in the Observer. After the Niner win over the ranked Bearholes, he asked why the game was on Page 8, especially since the weak Southern Conference games were on Page 6. True story.[/QUOTE]

“Because the Disturber isn’t worth using as toilet paper” is what I hope he was told.