Hey SGA People:

So, this spawned off of a conversation I had with another student the other day, and honestly its something I’ve been wondering about for a while…

So I’ve been getting these NinerNation sports emails about once a week or so that tell me about all the niner sports events going on here on campus, and its great. I’m well informed without having to look through every single athletic schedule on the website, and I can actually hit up the events. But why dont we have something of this nature for the events going on campus that dont involve sports? I mean I’ve been to multiple concerts here on campus, some just local acts, some regional acts that are signed by mid-major record labels etc. but hardly anyone goes… because NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THEM. The only reason I even know they’re going on is because I know people in the opening acts and they inform me.

Why dont we have anyone publicizing this stuff on campus? and if we do, where is it being publicized? Sure there are poster boards that ppl put stuff up on, but they’re so cluttered that people dont really take note of things on them… but theres nothing that REALLY gets these events out there… and the email thing seems to be working well for other people I’ve talked to… why cant we have something of this nature for on campus events?

People think nothing goes on around this place, and I think that this could be a part of why… and I’m not talking about putting out EVERY event that goes on… but the good ones at least… and by “the good ones” i mean bands playing on campus, the interesting talks that typically get sold out, etc. not some bake sale or even a random symphony (not to offend those who enjoy classical music, but we are trying to appeal to the college crowd without putting so much information out there that no one reads it)

I dont know - its just a question/thought…

We are actually working on this, a monthly SGA newsletter which will include events. I’ll keep you posted on the progress. Our goal is to have the first issue out by January but we are on a good schedule and we might get one out by December.

We are actually working on this, a monthly SGA newsletter which will include events. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Our goal is to have the first issue out by January but we are on a good schedule and we might get one out by December.

excelent - online availability?

:clap: Yay! Happy for President! Oh, wait… You already are.

Happy Camper for Chancellor! :clap: :biggrin:

Such a web-site already exists. It’s [URL=http://www.uncc.edu/campusevents/default.asp]www.uncc.edu/campusevents[/URL] however this website is… sub par to say the least. There are a couple of ways to go about improving this. One way is to contact the senators from your college. [URL=http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFVEyVOqUOueKxVMU0yVxKw]Senate Roster.[/URL] The other would be to appear before senate and voice your idea. You can do this by e-mailing me at sbvp@uncc.edu. Thanks so much for your interest.