High School Football Tour

I got an idea on my way home, for something we could attempt to do next year. When we field a team, and have verbal commitments from area kids we’ll likely organize to have a couple of us go watch the kids to just get exicted.

Next year will be the 2010 football season. We will have a recruiting class of the 2012 kids. A kid who comes on in 2012 will be a junior next year, a kid who joins in 2013 will be a soph and if he has DI level talent will be on the varsity team as a Soph.

So. . . .

What if starting next year we did a round of 6 area high school football games, went out and had a tailgate, and then enjoyed a high school football game together. There would be no beer, since it is high school, but bojangles is pretty good imo.

Simply wearing Charlotte gear, cheering for whatever team you prefer, just simply making a presence in the community.

Thoughts?

I got an idea on my way home, for something we could attempt to do next year. When we field a team, and have verbal commitments from area kids we'll likely organize to have a couple of us go watch the kids to just get exicted.

Next year will be the 2010 football season. We will have a recruiting class of the 2012 kids. A kid who comes on in 2012 will be a junior next year, a kid who joins in 2013 will be a soph and if he has DI level talent will be on the varsity team as a Soph.

So. . . .

What if starting next year we did a round of 6 area high school football games, went out and had a tailgate, and then enjoyed a high school football game together. There would be no beer, since it is high school, but bojangles is pretty good imo.

Simply wearing Charlotte gear, cheering for whatever team you prefer, just simply making a presence in the community.

Thoughts?

Yes.

Can we go to Northwest Cabarrus six times?

[QUOTE=ninerID;429120]I got an idea on my way home, for something we could attempt to do next year. When we field a team, and have verbal commitments from area kids we’ll likely organize to have a couple of us go watch the kids to just get exicted.

So. . . .

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I like it! I am attending the South Point game in Belmont tonight so I enjoy HS ball as it is - throw in my Niner brothers and it is even better!

Can we [B][I]never [/I][/B]go to Northwest Cabarrus?

Yes.

Great idea!! Why wait until next year? Any exposure we can get for our program will help. I am making an effort to start following HS football around here this year.

Who knows, some of these kids playing now could end up being Jucos or transfers for our first team. We should maybe do a trial run this year for a big game. Any HS football experts out there?

WIll more than 15 people show up for this??
:wink:

[QUOTE=TRLeader;429180]WIll more than 15 people show up for this??
;)[/QUOTE]

You’ll probably never know.

I’m interested.

I’m game. Sounds fun and good for the program.

I agree with Mr. Bojangles, why wait? We can do it this year. I think we should hit up Indy.

A.L. Brown also used to be the best school in my neck of the woods, but I don’t know how they are now. But they wear green! They play at NW Cabarrus (my first HS) on 10/30, or at JM Robinson (my 2nd HS) on 9/25.

[QUOTE=49or bust;429193]I’m game. Sounds fun and good for the program.

I agree with Mr. Bojangles, why wait? We can do it this year. I think we should hit up Indy. Kannapolis also used to be the best school in my neck of the woods, but I don’t know how they are now. But they wear green![/QUOTE]

Well I am headed out to a game tonight and as much as I would like to wear my 49er jersey I just can’t do it - game is against the cross town rivals.

Why wait…Why not get out there and sell some FSL’s to parents why we are at it…im sure there are some Alum out there

I remember reading up on South Florida when they were promoting their new football program. The school made plastic South Florida ice scrapers and left them on parked cars at high schools up north. Whenever someone scraped off the ice off their car, they’d see the USF logo and think to themselves, “Hey, Going to college in Florida might not be such a bad idea.” — How about printing up a bunch of 4" decals of a charlotte 49er helmet with the number ‘2013’ to leave on car windshields at HS football games? It shouldn’t take a whole lot of people to do it and it’s effective as a promotion gimmick.

I wouldn’t make this an FSL thing, just my opinion.