HIH Out

word you rock that cowbell like a fat kid on a see saw

UNCCTF has a good voice. He has some native north carolina accent and I think that is good.

Well I try to lose the accent when Iā€™m on the micā€¦ but if it would appeal to the locals, Iā€™ll keep it. :slight_smile:

C.A. dillon, the UNC-Raleigh announcer for ~40 years till 1999 in Reynolds Coliseum had a really good southern accent (I donā€™t know if he was from NC though). He was pretty succesful there (2 NCAA tournament champs).

Ok, it probably had nothing to do with his accent but o well.

By the way, if anyone wants to buy a great home near UNCC and the speedway for a very reasonable price, let me know ā€¦

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 01:15 AM [b] Well I try to lose the accent when I'm on the mic... but if it would appeal to the locals, I'll keep it. :) [/b]
TF, don't lose the accent man. It's who you are.
[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 12:15 AM [b] Well I try to lose the accent when I'm on the mic... but if it would appeal to the locals, I'll keep it. :) [/b]
I'm not even a local. I'm from Raleigh, but I still like it.

how do localā€™s sound? i am definitely a pure bread charlottean and i donā€™t think i have an accent

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 06:12 PM [b] how do local's sound? i am definitely a pure bread charlottean and i don't think i have an accent [/b]
And you would think wrong.
[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 07:12 PM [b] how do local's sound? i am definitely a pure bread charlottean and i don't think i have an accent [/b]
The accent gets stronger the farther east you go. I even noticed that after living in Charlotte for a couple of years and then going back east to eastern NC to visit the parents.
[i]Originally posted by VA49er+Jul 27 2005, 06:25 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (VA49er @ Jul 27 2005, 06:25 PM)
[i]Originally posted by BigTimeNiner+Jul 28 2005, 12:33 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (BigTimeNiner @ Jul 28 2005, 12:33 AM)
Originally posted by VA49er@Jul 27 2005, 06:25 PM [b]

Good luck HIH. Halton definitely wonā€™t be the same without you.

I just hope they can find somebody half as good as HIH. The sub we last year with his hip-hop antics and eubonics wasnā€™t the answer. ā€œLetā€™s do disā€. What theā€¦? :wacko: :blink: Have a little professionalism about yourself.

Best wishes HIH in Big East country! I hope the next guy can bring as much excitement as you did.

The sub is a Steeler fan and therefore perfectly fine with me.